3x Dally M Fullback of the Year
3x Dally M Five-Eighth of the Year
2x Dally M Rep Player of the Year
2x Golden Boot winner
1x Clive Churchill Medal
4x Premierships
0x Drug Scandal
0x Racism Scandal

Pretty hard to split them.. apart from the last few lines of text. Lockyer should 100% be the next immortal.

First 3 lines speak volumes as well. Over 150 more games, most of them as captain and being completely clutch in so many of them. Captaining 6 (maybe more??) successful origin campaigns.

It's a no contest from my point of view.

And yeah how bout that Milford

im 35. so.. yeah cut that ... im entitled to my own opinion.

When Mal killed it in Origin 1, you weren't even born.

You were 3 years old when Souths pulled off one of the greatest grand final upsets.

You were 7 years old when he captained the first non-Sydney team to a GF in Sydney.

You were 8 years old when the final minute of the 2nd test at Old Trafford happened.

Only guy to go on 4 Kangaroo tours. Leading Origin point scorer until JT came along.

You're entitled to an opinion, sure. But it doesn't mean it is a good opinion.

When Mal killed it in Origin 1, you weren't even born.

You were 3 years old when Souths pulled off one of the greatest grand final upsets.

You were 7 years old when he captained the first non-Sydney team to a GF in Sydney.

You were 8 years old when the final minute of the 2nd test at Old Trafford happened.

Only guy to go on 4 Kangaroo tours. Leading Origin point scorer until JT came along.

You're entitled to an opinion, sure. But it doesn't mean it is a good opinion.

Well, I was 7 when Clive Churchill captain-coached Norths (Brisbane) to a Premiership, and 9 when Artie Beetson was graded as a centre with Redcliffe, so I have a lot of great opinions. Trouble is, I keep forgetting them :porthozthinksthisishot: however, one opinion I have is that Milford should be our next half. I remembered that from yesterday I think....

however, one opinion I have is that Milford should be our next half. I remembered that from yesterday I think....

...as in a no.7?

I agree with you. If Bird is as strong as it appears he might be wearing the no.6, I'd be stoked with Milford at halfback. Keeps Boyd at fullback and means we won't have to sit through a dud year putting up with KNick or Benchi as stop gaps.

Meninga over rated? I saw a fair slab of his career and he earned every bit of his rating. Absolute great player.

The Immortals, as a concept, is a fucking joke.

It began as a sales promotion to sell wine back in the day. It's utterly bizarre that rugby league fans put so much emphasis on it.

It's severely out of touch with the modern era and should probably be quietly dropped.

In a smackdown for the ages, Steve Mascord, in an article over at The Roar detailed perfectly why it's not all it's cracked up to be. It's worth a read:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/10/16/mascord-everyone-care-much-immortals/

Personally, I would much rather see a renewed emphasis on the Hall of Fame. There have been no new inductees since 2007. It's an absolute, utter disgrace that the NRL have left that to rot.

Storm skipper Cameron Smith personally phoned Anthony Milford to get him to leave Brisbane

TEST skipper Cameron Smith has revealed he personally phoned Anthony Milford as part of Melbourne’s secret plan to poach the Broncos sensation.

The extent of Melbourne’s pursuit of Milford can be revealed with Smith emerging as a key figure in the Storm’s big-money poaching attempt on Brisbane’s best young talent.

Milford will come to terms with the Broncos on a $4 million extension with Brisbane hierarchy planning to formally announce his retention on Monday.

But the Broncos were forced to up the ante at the eleventh hour after Melbourne produced an impressive sales pitch, flying Milford south for talks with coach Craig Bellamy.

The Storm had hoped their trump card would be Maroons captain Smith, who contacted Milford to spruik the attraction of playing alongside him at Melbourne.

“I spoke to Milf personally,” Smith told The Sunday Mail.

“I gave him a call and from a players point of view, I figured he might be curious about what he would be walking into at the Storm.

“I just said ‘mate we’d be delighted if you chose to the come to the Storm. We know what sort of player you are and we’d love to have your services at the Storm’.

“That was really the extent of our chat. I’m not part of the recruitment team. I don’t sign players for the club but I wanted to let him know how our players felt about him and that we felt he’d be a great addition to our team.”

If Milford can relate to anyone at the Storm, it is Smith. The 344-game Melbourne legend grew up in the Brisbane suburb of Logan, just 18km from nearby Inala, where Milford launched his junior league career.

Smith said the Storm identified Milford as the perfect replacement for Cooper Cronk and believes he would have been the greatest recruit in the club’s 19-year history.

“Anthony is one of the best young talents coming through in the halves,” he said.

“We all know what he’s capable of doing on the field and the quality that he does bring to his footy side.

“The club is not hiding from the fact we’re looking for a half given that Cooper has announced he won’t be here next year.

“Over our short existence, we haven’t really gone out and signed any big names, it’s been more around junior development.

“Guys like Billy, Cooper and myself came through the feeder-club system with Norths Devils.

“We’ve mainly tried to retain players we’ve identified as kids.

“History shows that not too many players at the Broncos want to leave the club. It’s hard to get guys out of the Broncos because they are a wonderful footy club, they are always successful and they have a great coach in Wayne Bennett.”

Bellamy has a knack of turning bargain buys into dominant NRL players.

Smith has no doubt Milford would have relished life at the Storm under Bellamy.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/14239d967deeab7350d0ad1199651b3d

Piss off Smith, you accused him of cheating last year for something you are happy for your team to do.

I don't begrudge Smith at all. He's doing the best he can for a club he cares about. That in itself is admirable and we'd admire that in our players. We as a club are happy to poach and it's the norm. Milford is very young and providing he has the personality to not accept gaining a level,rather than seeking to continue on a upward trend, he will be worth keeping for his whole career.

However if I was him I'd be looking for a three year deal and keeping my options open. This serves a dual purpose. It gives us a solid basis and secures Milfords retirement if he invests wisely. By the end of 2020 we would know if the relationship should continue. By then we could be sure we have history with one the modern greats and staying would be easier than uprooting a young family( assuming all off field activities follow the usual path )

Has it been confirmed that Milford is actually staying?

I don't want to go through the whole Inglis ordeal again...

How does cam smith starting his career at Logan, 18km away from Milford in Inala make them relatable in any way?

How does cam smith starting his career at Logan, 18km away from Milford in Inala make them relatable in any way?
I thought the same when I read it. Maybe they are referring to the similarity of the areas.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Brocko
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncorob
  • Scorchie
  • pennywisealfie
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Spike
  • Rookie Alan
  • Organix
  • Adammacca
  • IceWorks
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Harry Sack
  • lynx000
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.