Anthony Seibold is no longer our coach

Thanks @Bull Shark, that was a good listen.

The best part for me came in the last 10 minutes, when he talks about connection to each other being the key.

I think that really echoes what a lot of people here have been saying - the guys haven’t looked like a team for a couple of years.

Luckily for us it looks like there’s other people at the club now recognising the same thing, and doing something about it.

I think in view of how much has changed since Donaghy and Ikin have come in, it’s clear that Seibold was not our main problem. Nolan and White are far more responsible for the regression of the club. I still don’t rate him as a coach though. He still should’ve carried himself better than he did.
💯

It probably sounds like he's deflecting but a lot of what he says was prefaced with him taking responsibility.

I think he's made very salient points about the Broncos board and upper management.

Basically its been a shit fight.

Darren Lockyer should be no where near the board and or club management. He should be either part of the player/training group or no where at all.

I think in view of how much has changed since Donaghy and Ikin have come in, it’s clear that Seibold was not our main problem. Nolan and White are far more responsible for the regression of the club. I still don’t rate him as a coach though. He still should’ve carried himself better than he did.
A more competent Front office to support him, combined with a more experienced, intelligent and tight knit playing group might well have faired very differently under Seibold. Under the right circumstances he may well go on and be effective elsewhere, but he very much arrived in the middle of a trainwreck and a manifestly divided club and playing group, and then proceeded to drive that train right off the cliff because he didn't have the skills to make things better.

A more competent Front office to support him, combined with a more experienced, intelligent and tight knit playing group might well have faired very differently under Seibold. Under the right circumstances he may well go on and be effective elsewhere, but he very much arrived in the middle of a trainwreck and a manifestly divided club and playing group, and then proceeded to drive that train right off the cliff because he didn't have the skills to make things better.

The moment he played the family sympathy card and it came across so poorly, he was a dead man walking, he lost the playing group and the fans with that move and then it was a downward spiral from there.

Walking in as big man on campus and stomping over the corpse of the guy pushed out who was highly liked and respected by the playing group was another stupid, stupid move. Couple these moves with an entitled, truly dumb playing roster with some massive cliques was signing his own death warrant. Almost every decision from that family card was just nailing his own coffin shut.

The moment he played the family sympathy card and it came across so poorly, he was a dead man walking, he lost the playing group and the fans with that move and then it was a downward spiral from there.

Walking in as big man on campus and stomping over the corpse of the guy pushed out who was highly liked and respected by the playing group was another stupid, stupid move. Couple these moves with an entitled, truly dumb playing roster with some massive cliques was signing his own death warrant. Almost every decision from that family card was just nailing his own coffin shut.
Yep agree with all that.
Just for the record now that it’s all history does anyone know what the drama with his daughter was all about?

Yep agree with all that.
Just for the record now that it’s all history does anyone know what the drama with his daughter was all about?
It was alleged that his wife was leaving him after he was caught sleeping with a players partner. It was also alleged that he had a drug problem. His daughter came across these rumours and was incredibly upset.

It was alleged that his wife was leaving him after he was caught sleeping with a players partner. It was also alleged that he had a drug problem. His daughter came across these rumours and was incredibly upset.

Thanks
Doubt he was the first coach to cop these sort of rumours.
Should have just got the wife to sort the daughter out and get on the phone/zoom if needs be no need to take weeks off work.

Thanks
Doubt he was the first coach to cop these sort of rumours.
Should have just got the wife to sort the daughter out and get on the phone/zoom if needs be no need to take weeks off work.

He needed time to get his crack cyber types on to doing nothing.

Walking in as big man on campus and stomping over the corpse of the guy pushed out who was highly liked and respected by the playing group was another stupid, stupid move.

Is that really what he did though....when its all said and done?

Is that really what he did though....when its all said and done?
It seems that Siebold came in with the mindset (correctly) that he could not replace Wayne Bennett, nobody can be Wayne but Wayne. IMO he is spot on about this.
The issue is with how he went about not being Wayne. Instead of respecting the history, and building on the good of the past, he tried to erase Wayne.
What he was trying to achieve was right but he went about entirely the wrong way.
There's a saying in management (probably elsewhere too) that to reach new heights, you have to stand upon the shoulders of those who went before you. Essentially you honour and respect that which has been done and you build upon it.
Siebold did not stand upon Wayne's shoulders. He kicked him out and stood on the ground.

Tearing down motivational signs the former coach had up, bagging out former coach and 'burning the boats' suggests otherwise?
It certainly does, do we know that this happened? Not questioning you at all and can believe that is the case it is just there was so much shit that it would be good to see confirmation of that.

Doesn’t talk about how he white anted his way into mcguires job, and then white anted his way to a 6 year contract with the broncos.
He was complicit in undermining two premiership winning coaches and took their jobs, when the 2nd one backfired because it wasn’t as cushy as the first one he cracked and none of it was his fault, oh, except for working too hard.

Miss me with this narcissistic bs.

Doesn’t talk about how he white anted his way into mcguires job, and then white anted his way to a 6 year contract with the broncos.
He was complicit in undermining two premiership winning coaches and took their jobs, when the 2nd one backfired because it wasn’t as cushy as the first one he cracked and none of it was his fault, oh, except for working too hard.

Miss me with this narcissistic bs.
Love your posts, you always call it as you see it, no BS.

Pies

Incredible, has this happened before?

How can you ever punish your players for anything after this sort of thing gets out.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bert_lifts
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • broncotville
  • Old Mate
  • the_next
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • The True King
  • Mr Fourex
  • Alec
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.