Anthony Seibold - NRL Video Analysis

Has anyone seen the analysis by seibold on the nrl.com website? He actually did a pretty good job.
Given the performances south’s had, and the continued shit form we have had, I’m starting to think he wasn’t as god awful as we thought, and it’s more that our players are incapable of comprehending what defence is.
It’s evident that seibold knows what the players should be doing, and what makes a good player and I think it’s simply that our players didn’t do these things...

He may have good analysis, but he is no head coach.

Headcoach is so much more than applying hindsight to a replay other wise call me Craig fuckin Bellamy.

His management of the team for everything outside of replay analysis SUCKED.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the analysis by seibold on the nrl.com website? He actually did a pretty good job.
Given the performances south’s had, and the continued shit form we have had, I’m starting to think he wasn’t as god awful as we thought, and it’s more that our players are incapable of comprehending what defence is.
It’s evident that seibold knows what the players should be doing, and what makes a good player and I think it’s simply that our players didn’t do these things...
So I watched this gigantic fraud. He can’t even pronounce Tesi Niu’s name right after coaching him for a year. His observations on fullbacks are after the fact. Like telling you which horse will win, after the race.

Better to judge his track record at advising fullbacks by the conga line of failed Brisbane fullbacks over his tenure.

Spoiler alert: he’s not wearing new clothes; he’s stark naked pulling his ****.

Last edited:
I don't really like having a thread dedicated to this jerk on here and that connects to analysis as though he is some kind of expert, he doesn't even know how to read a room, let alone analyse it.

I don't really like having a thread dedicated to this jerk on here and that connects to analysis as though he is some kind of expert, he doesn't even know how to read a room, let alone analyse it.
You had me at jerk.

I don't give a **** what he says the **** fucked our team, let him do some analysis on his **** up.

So I watched this gigantic fraud. He can’t even pronounce Tesi Niu’s name right after coaching him for a year. His observations on fullbacks are after the fact. Like telling you which horse will win, after the race.

Better to judge his track record at advising fullbacks by the conga line of failed Brisbane fullbacks over his tenure.

Spoiler alert: he’s not wearing new clothes; he’s stark naked pulling his ****.

Yeah his examples of a team poorly coached in defending was the team he coached how to defend. Isaako became a first grade fullback under this idiot. Hilariously the team is slightly better at defending now he’s gone. He’s just highlighting his own ineptitude.

Holy ****, if that fuckwit said "thicken up the line" one more time ...Or "get on your kelpie dog"..

"Here's a video of Teddy doing great, why can't everyone be great like Teddy?"

Edit
And When will we sack Karl Morris for all this shit?

Last edited:

I'm not sure it is just that simple. For mine there are 2 issues. First the bias against Seibold and Milford which is of course understandable and well grounded. However, the 2nd issue is letting that bias stand in the way of simply looking at the message and not the messenger, where the message is entirely relevant, whether or not Seibold headed up a shitty defensive coaching staff.

Looking at Seibold's analysis, I see something useful, and something worrying.

Just for the sake of accuracy as opposed to overt bias, BOTH times the ball went to Fifita for his tries, the Titans had, in the first try, 4 on 3 with Isaako way out of the picture after positioning himself on the wrong side, and in Fifita's 2nd try, Titans had at the start of the play, 7 on 4, again no Isaako, and we had also stacked the short side when the attack was clearly going long, with NOBODY talking to move to the long side where the bloody ball was obviously heading.

At the point that Titan's shape formed before the ball went to Fifita (how bleeding obvious was that play 🙄 ) they had 4 on 3 with Milford exposed, Niu standing flat footed and, they also had a 2 on 1 outside Fifita.

THAT is shit FB play, shit defensive structural organisation and no communication.

To attribute all the blame simply to Milford for his admittedly poor attempts at one on one with Fifita is for mine, utterly missing the point.

As well, and what's worse, for Walters to ALSO do that, to miss the point by simply swapping Croft for Milford and in his presser, not acknowledge both the shitty defensive reads by Isaako and our lousy defensive structures is, well, not a good look for a new coach in his 1st season.

If there's no improvement in our defensive structures this week, then things look really grim.

If I am missing something in my analysis, please let me know.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it is just that simple. For mine there are 2 issues. First the bias against Seibold and Milford which is of course understandable and well grounded. However, the 2nd issue is letting that bias stand in the way of simply looking at the message and not the messenger, where the message is entirely relevant, whether or not Seibold headed up a shitty defensive coaching staff.

Just for the sake of accuracy as opposed to overt bias, BOTH times the ball went to Fifita for his tries, the Titans had, in the first try, 4 on 3 with Isaako way out of the picture after positioning himself on the wrong side, and in Fifita's 2nd try, Titans had at the start of the play, 7 on 4, again no Isaako, and we had also stacked the short side when the attack was clearly going long, with NOBODY talking to move to the long side where the bloody ball was obviously heading.

At the point that Titan's shape formed before the ball went to Fifita (how bleeding obvious was that play 🙄 ) they had 4 on 3 with Milford exposed, Niu standing flat footed and, they also had a 2 on 1 outside Fifita.

THAT is shit FB play, shit defensive structural organisation and no communication.

To attribute all the blame simply to Milford for his admittedly poor attempts at one on one with Fifita is for mine, utterly missing the point.

As well, and what's worse, for Walters to ALSO do that, to miss the point by simply swapping Croft for Milford and in his presser, not acknowledge both the shitty defensive reads by Isaako and our lousy defensive structures is, well, not a good look for a new coach in his 1st season.

If there's no improvement in our defensive structures this week, then things look really grim.

Nice analysis and anyone, like you, who knows anything about football could tell you all of this. I get what you are trying to say too about the message and not the messenger but sorry, in this case the messenger should be shot.

I do not need that bloke to tell me what I can see for myself and to act like he had nothing to do with the problems he points out, just ticks me off.

And he may well be insightful, I couldn't care less, I am not going to waste time listening to a bloke I can't stand with a voice that is worse than Lockyer's and the personality of a flea.

You raise a very valid point. Though, Devil’s advocate here, you could also argue that Milford having 185 games of first grade experience spanning 8 years , being one of the senior players at the cub, and holding one of the controlling positions in the team, Milford could have done what Morgan did and notice the numbers and direct the defence himself. Yes, Isaako was on the wrong side and the risk would be stretching the middle defence if communication broke down but Milford could’ve attempted to get the message to the guys on his left.

You raise a very valid point. Though, Devil’s advocate here, you could also argue that Milford having 185 games of first grade experience spanning 8 years , being one of the senior players at the cub, and holding one of the controlling positions in the team, Milford could have done what Morgan did and notice the numbers and direct the defence himself. Yes, Isaako was on the wrong side and the risk would be stretching the middle defence if communication broke down but Milford could’ve attempted to get the message to the guys on his left.

Does Milf even have a voice? I never see him move his mouth on the field, unless he is gasping for air.

Nice analysis and anyone, like you, who knows anything about football could tell you all of this. I get what you are trying to say too about the message and not the messenger but sorry, in this case the messenger should be shot.

I do not need that bloke to tell me what I can see for myself and to act like he had nothing to do with the problems he points out, just ticks me off.

And he may well be insightful, I couldn't care less, I am not going to waste time listening to a bloke I can't stand with a voice that is worse than Lockyer's and the personality of a flea.
The trouble with getting on your little kelpie dog and running along with the ball carrier is it's not your only job at fullback, where a half is just as likely to kick and you have to be there to save it. That kick is rarely straight ahead, and he will be trying to kick between his marker's legs and wrongfoot you. The faster you're moving the more likely he'll catch you out.

Plus successfully tackling Gigantor as the last line of defence right on the line and keeping him from getting an arm out isn't as slam dunk as the meatpie guzzling pantsman is making out. Just because you get there and stop forward movement doesn't mean you stop the try.

Also **** Seibold.

Last edited:
You can tell Siebold is a really good analyst. He would be an awesome assistant coach.

The trouble with getting on your little kelpie dog and running along with the ball carrier is it's not your only job at fullback, where a half is just as likely to kick and you have to be there to save it. That kick is rarely straight ahead, and he will be trying to kick between his marker's legs and wrongfoot you. The faster you're moving the more likely he'll catch you out.

Plus successfully tackling Gigantor as the last line of defence right on the line and keeping him from getting an arm out isn't as slam dunk as the meatpie guzzling pantsman is making out. Just because you get there and stop forward movement doesn't mean you stop the try.

Also **** Seibold.

The funny thing is, in one of the examples Isaako did get there, doing exactly as the others did, and made a pretty decent tackle attempt.

Last edited:
The funny thing is, in one of the examples Isaako did get there, doing exactly as the others did, and made a pretty decent tackle attempt.
Exactly. What I've noticed with Isaako is he often effects a tackle but doesn't prevent the try. Whereas Boyd seemed to avoid being anywhere near the tackle. To my untrained eye he looked like he was throwing games by being lazy. It wasn't because he couldn't read the play. He was avoiding the play. Which made it all the more galling.

Isaako looks fit as ****, and I would never accuse him of being lazy. But his defence is - no two ways about it - poor. I think a lot of that comes down to not really understanding how to read the game from fullback. Walsh, on the other hand, seems to have that sixth sense for the positional play. There's a lot to be said for making your fullback someone who's played in that position since they were 5 years old, rather than being sent there to plug a vacancy.

Last edited:

But but but you're glossing over something here. The reason we were defending there. Yep, Milford doing the exact same tackle just 60 seconds before which resulted in a penalty. Not only did he miss tge tackle he conceded 6 more tackles. I'd give much greater consideration of your attack on Isaako if you decided to show some balance and attack the guy who in the first instance set up the Titans try scoring opportunity AND then allowed Fifita to stroll past him.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • BRC088
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.