Anthony Seibold wipes Wayne Bennett’s legacy from Red Hill

I'm absolutely broken right now and i want to put 100% of the blame on this man. He came and tore the club apart. Absolutely shattered. I get no satisfaction in knowing that he's been sacked because he walks away with over 1 million dollars while we walk away humiliated with our first ever wooden spoon. A mess likely to take years to recover from. And a host of young players likely mentally scared for some time after a year worth of unrelenting floggings.

Can we actually improve next year? I mean we are genuinely in peices from the top down.

I'm absolutely broken right now and i want to put 100% of the blame on this man. He came and tore the club apart. Absolutely shattered. I get no satisfaction in knowing that he's been sacked because he walks away with over 1 million dollars while we walk away humiliated with our first ever wooden spoon. A mess likely to take years to recover from. And a host of young players likely mentally scared for some time after a year worth of unrelenting floggings.

Can we actually improve next year? I mean we are genuinely in peices from the top down.

The players are very much at fault too.

Yes agreed, i just don't want to blame them as they'll be lining up again next year and if they're to blame then next year is f*$#d too. Sure we might have a new coach but we've seen them drop into a bundle when things get hard under Seibs so what's to stop them bitching out when things get hard under another coach.

Hence if i simply blame Seibs i have some positivity for next year. Am i clutching at sraws?

Yes agreed, i just don't want to blame them as they'll be lining up again next year and if they're to blame then next year is f*$#d too. Sure we might have a new coach but we've seen them drop into a bundle when things get hard under Seibs so what's to stop them bitching out when things get hard under another coach.

Hence if i simply blame Seibs i have some positivity for next year. Am i clutching at sraws?

I'm sorry to break it to you but, next year is fucked too.

Yeah, you do what Parra & Newcastle did.

Clean out the dead wood and get everyone on the same page that the only way out is though hard work. That and hope it happens fast enough that you don't win multiple spoons in the interim.

Last edited:

It's not their fault most of them were selected well and truly ahead of their time.

This is what irks me about all this 'deserved' talk. We're in a Covid year where all these young players have been thrown to the fire because of one of the worst injury tolls in the history of the sport and every Cletus and Betsy is happy to stick their boot in. Sure, the coach should never have torn the squad up in the fashion that he did, but it's not these young players fault they've been thrown in and they have very little means of support or a way to get out of it. It's been painful enough just watching them, I can't imagine what it would be like playing with them.

Unfortunately some compassion during a very tough year on everyone is far too much to ask for. It's just better to dunk on the glamour club during a global pandemic.

It's not their fault most of them were selected well and truly ahead of their time.

This is what irks me about all this 'deserved' talk. We're in a Covid year where all these young players have been thrown to the fire because of one of the worst injury tolls in the history of the sport and every Cletus and Betsy is happy to stick their boot in. Sure, the coach should never have torn the squad up in the fashion that he did, but it's not these young players fault they've been thrown in and they have very little means of support or a way to get out of it. It's been painful enough just watching them, I can't imagine what it would be like playing with them.

Unfortunately some compassion during a very tough year on everyone is far too much to ask for. It's just better to dunk on the glamour club during a global pandemic.

I and many others have stood up for the blokes and kids genuinely putting in effort like Kennar, Boyd even, Kennedy, Haas, Herbie, etc. These blokes can all to varying degrees hold their heads high.

Guys like Teo, Fifita, Joffa, Oates, Milf, Croft have been absolutely abysmal and should not escape blame, regardless of the injury toll, the compassion plea for these types of more experienced / higher paid USA cop out, they sucked and some even seemed to throw their coach under the bus. Good riddance to the lot of them hopefully.

I do take your point with someone like Joppa who is just plain out not good enough but he certainly tried his guts out.

I and many others have stood up for the blokes and kids genuinely putting in effort like Kennar, Boyd even, Kennedy, Haas, Herbie, etc. These blokes can all to varying degrees hold their heads high.

Guys like Teo, Fifita, Joffa, Oates, Milf, Croft have been absolutely abysmal and should not escape blame, regardless of the injury toll, the compassion plea for these types of more experienced / higher paid USA cop out, they sucked and some even seemed to throw their coach under the bus. Good riddance to the lot of them hopefully.

I do take your point with someone like Joppa who is just plain out not good enough but he certainly tried his guts out.

Sure there's a few players that should have a look at themselves but even in the case of somebody like Te'o he would never have been a part of this season if it wasn't for Covid. He hasn't played Rugby League in 6 years, didn't do a pre-season, wasn't even able to train with the team until he signed and of course he was thrown straight into it. I actually don't think it's fair to lump him in with the Pangai Jrs. Same with Fifita and Croft. I'm not even sold on Milford although I can see why. I believe he was playing to a system where he was playing off of Croft and Croft simply wasn't able to be the Mitchell Pearce/Nathan Cleary/Daly Cherry-Evans of the team.

The way I see it, we've had these young guys like Carrigan, Haas, Dearden, Paix, Farnworth, Staggs, Flegler, Bullemor, Riki, Coates etc rock up week in and week out give an honest assessment and they're just run over the top of because they're not ready for the slog of 20 weeks of football. After the start they had, they found themselves in a massive hole and it was impossible to dig out of it because they didn't even have a coach there who could show them the way.

There was always going to be one team that found themselves in this position during Covid. A team that just got caught up in the grind of it all and were just caught up in the process of week in and week out floggings and that just happened to be the team with the worst injury toll, the worst draw and the least established structures in the competition.

Hard to believe it but I just talked to a fan that reckons given another year Siebold would've had you flying. Cites the first 2 rounds as the indicator.
He obviously wasn't a Broncos fan [emoji849]

Hard to believe it but I just talked to a fan that reckons given another year Siebold would've had you flying. Cites the first 2 rounds as the indicator.

I’m assuming you were talking to someone on the Broncos board or Anthony himself?

Sure there's a few players that should have a look at themselves but even in the case of somebody like Te'o he would never have been a part of this season if it wasn't for Covid. He hasn't played Rugby League in 6 years, didn't do a pre-season, wasn't even able to train with the team until he signed and of course he was thrown straight into it. I actually don't think it's fair to lump him in with the Pangai Jrs. Same with Fifita and Croft. I'm not even sold on Milford although I can see why. I believe he was playing to a system where he was playing off of Croft and Croft simply wasn't able to be the Mitchell Pearce/Nathan Cleary/Daly Cherry-Evans of the team.

The way I see it, we've had these young guys like Carrigan, Haas, Dearden, Paix, Farnworth, Staggs, Flegler, Bullemor, Riki, Coates etc rock up week in and week out give an honest assessment and they're just run over the top of because they're not ready for the slog of 20 weeks of football. After the start they had, they found themselves in a massive hole and it was impossible to dig out of it because they didn't even have a coach there who could show them the way.

There was always going to be one team that found themselves in this position during Covid. A team that just got caught up in the grind of it all and were just caught up in the process of week in and week out floggings and that just happened to be the team with the worst injury toll, the worst draw and the least established structures in the competition.

I agree with all those things for sure but there are several players who should hang their hands in shame and have contracts immediately torn up.

Last edited:

Spot on. Gotta remember, some of these NSW media hacks have been waiting literally their entire careers for even the slightest sign of weakness so they could finally pop their head up and work up the courage to take a shot at the club. They'd never have tried it with a tough CEO or a Coach like Bennett still in charge because most of these media hacks are weak men who have always been outmatched in situations like this and they knew it.

Then of course you have the very Sydney-centric former players who work in the media, many of whom spent their careers being overlooked or not good enough for the Broncos, then having their asses handed to them on a regular basis on the field by the Broncos too. That has no doubt made them incredibly jealous and bitter and they've had to literally retire and wait out a career in the media waiting for the first small window to score a point back on the club, finally getting a chance for some small piece of retribution off the field that they were never good or talented enough to achieve on the field.

I’m assuming you were talking to someone on the Broncos board or Anthony himself?
Well you can rule out our Chairman because for some reason we've employed a lifelong Manly fan in that role.

As is the entire board, but we've been over this all before.
Long road ahead.

Active Now

• Rookie Alan
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • something
  • Financeguy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.