ARLC 5 Year Plan and new NRL Logo

it looks like it was done in mspaint.

looks terrible.

Logo aside (it's ordinary) it's cool to see where the game is heading.

If we get there, it's going to be good to be a League fan.

Is that logo the best they could do. Looks like something 8 year olds drew in Friday art class. Aside from that it's good to see the game moving in the right direction.

Logo aside (it's ordinary) it's cool to see where the game is heading.

If we get there, it's going to be good to be a League fan.

Really? As I said above, looks like a pretty wish list but not an action plan.

I think it's a mistake that the logo doesn't actually indicate its even a sport. I mean the NBA has a guy dribbling and the AFL has a footy. NRL instead has this generic looking logo that could basically be any company in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's supposed to say company.

Nashy, for some reason I can't edit that post in tapatalk.

On Buzz's Monday blog about this topic the channel 9 scheduling of games was brought up and rightly so. Channel 9 coverage is a joke, I love watching the Broncos play but it's getting boring watching them every Friday night.

1- It doesn't give other teams enough exposure. I heard Canberra were only getting 1 game in the first 20 rounds. That's disgusting, they have great attacking players that some fans will barely see. There are other clubs like this that will get limited support for the same reason.

2 - There are plenty of people in Brisbane who aren't Broncos fans and would like to see their clubs play live. I have friends that cheer for all sorts of different teams. I don't know how many have foxtel but I feel sorry for the ones that don't, only seeing their team when playing Brisbane.

3 - The Cowboys and Titans have strong followings in their respective areas but only get a 9 game when they are playing Brisbane, or if the Broncos are playing on other days.

I hope better coverage on 9 is a part of the plan. Giving all clubs equal amount of TV exposure making the all the fans of the game happy.

Last edited:
Really? As I said above, looks like a pretty wish list but not an action plan.

Yes, really.

The point was to outline what they were doing, not go in-depth and reveal how they were going to do it. Revealing that information publicly would be silly.

This is the most pro-active I've seen an NRL management group, they deserve props for that.

On Buzz's Monday blog about this topic the channel 9 scheduling of games was brought up and rightly so. Channel 9 coverage is a joke, I love watching the Broncos play but it's getting boring watching them every Friday night.

1- It doesn't give other teams enough exposure. I heard Canberra were only getting 1 game in the first 20 rounds. That's disgusting, they have great attacking players that some fans will barely see. There are other clubs like this that will get limited support for the same reason.

2 - There are plenty of people in Brisbane who aren't Broncos fans and would like to see their clubs play live. I have friends that cheer for all sorts of different teams. I don't know how many have foxtel but I feel sorry for the ones that don't, only seeing their team when playing Brisbane.

3 - The Cowboys and Titans have strong followings in their respective areas but only get a 9 game when they are playing Brisbane, or if the Broncos are playing on other days.

I hope better coverage on 9 is a part of the plan. Giving all clubs equal amount of TV exposure making the all the fans of the game happy.

The problem is, there shouldn't be two Friday night games.

9 want to showcase the Broncos at every possible opportunity because they're the most popular club in the game and it allows them to maximize audiences in both states.

Cowboys prefer to play their home games on Saturday nights and don't travel well, Titans were in financial strife, were reigning wooden spooners and weren't ever really a chance of making the 8 this season.

I agree with your points but it's all pie in the sky stuff. At the end of the day all tv companies care about is ratings, especially tv companies in financial strive. I mean in a perfect yeah each team would get an equal share of Friday night games, I wouldn't have to leave work early every bloody Friday to get to said games and we would all have a pet unicorn that s*** money...

But it's not and until the other teams start bringing in the same ratings as the broncos it's not gonna change. Personally I can not see that changing cos for every broncos fan watching to support them, there is a broncos hater watching hoping to see them lose.

I think the logo the warriors will have looks better. Sure the plan looks the goods but lets see it implemented.

Well said Broncos 4life.

I hope I didn't come across as a smart arse mate, cos everything you said is what should happen. It's a shame that it's so unlikely that it ever will... Well at least while 9 are in charge.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lostboy
  • Waynesaurus
  • dasherhalo
  • Jazza
  • Maddy
  • Lurker
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jedhead
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Browny
  • Sproj
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.