NEWS As expected: round 6 and the axe falls

As previously seen in BHQ's crystal ball, Round 6 marks Anthony Milford’s banishment to the QLD Cup. His first outright demotion in nine years. After pissing around with the other two halves Kevvie has finally shown his hand and has done what always had to be done. Milford now finds himself training with the Reserve Grade squad, along with promising centre Tesi Niu. Brodie Croft looks set to take his position outside Tommy Dearden, at least as a placeholder, until [watch this space] arrives. Jesse Arthars will replace Fantesi.

Brisbane management is hoping to have its 2022 roster sorted by June 30. That gives Milford at most 10 weeks to save his contract.

41EriLxY9L AC SX450

Drink up

Matt Lodge took the microphone to break the news:

“(Kevvie) has drawn a line in the sand. Although I feel sorry for the guys who miss out, you can’t keep doing the same thing week in, week out and expect change. Kevvie has looked at the game and found some things he’s not happy with and he’s holding people accountable. We all know Milf is a talented first grade footballer but he and a couple of others aren’t doing what Kevvie wants and I applaud him for putting his foot down.”

McHunt

A lot on here doubted KW but I didn't. I said as much too but I was surprised he put up with it quite this long! I knew KW would make this call, good on him. ****, I hope he doesn't get over ruled or worse, change his mind🙁

A lot on here doubted KW but I didn't. I said as much too but I was surprised he put up with it quite this long! I knew KW would make this call, good on him. ****, I hope he doesn't get over ruled or worse, change his mind🙁

I'm still doubting Kevvie. I see a lot of Seibold in the way he is handling the bench and throwing darts at the board and hoping something lands. I'm not giving up on him by any means and won't make a judgement until after 12 months but there are some concerning signs.

Well written McCunt. More entertaining than the regular media drama and vomit.
Like all aspiring comedians you cannot please everyone. I haven't been impressed but that's okay too. I don't see his posts, other than the thread starter and only read the relevant bits. I prefer my news 'dry'. That is, if I want amateur comedy I'll YouTube it. I'd much prefer just a news article but power to those who love the preamble drivel.

I'm still doubting Kevvie. I see a lot of Seibold in the way he is handling the bench and throwing darts at the board and hoping something lands. I'm not giving up on him by any means and won't make a judgement until after 12 months but there are some concerning signs.
I've been saying for some time not to judge Walters too soon, or believe anything he says. His plan was always to fartarse around with the halves to give them all a fair go, particularly Milford, but to ultimately **** Milford off for good after five games. He's gone now. Only Croft's abject failure can bring him back, and I suspect there's a certain someone else in front of Milford in that queue.

Like in the last press conference when he said that was Milford's best game of the season. Most took that as a compliment. It clearly wasn't.

Yes, a couple of rookie errors on bench use and dropping the wrong guy in Croft and not Milford has eaten away at my confidence in KW. Mind you, it's his first time in the big league so I'm waiting until the emotion of the season is done before an assessment of his first year.

The titans press conference was also a bad sign IMO. No answers and bad attempt at humor. Concerning that he's ageing like Ange postecogloue towards the end of his socceroos reign too. Only an observation but the shoulders look heavy and looks like its consuming him. Despite all that, I'll be there on thursday hoping for a performance that will give KW and us all something to press on with.

Probably why we saw the footage of Milford nearly in tears after the souths game. He knows he blew it and knows he’s getting dropped. His team mates rallied around him the way work colleagues usually do when someone gets their notice at work.

I don't want to believe that's the end. I want to see Milf quickly re-gain form back in the ISC and then after two or three weeks come back in and return to his 2015 form.

Like most it's probably not going to happen, but I still hold out a desperate hope for the wee man. How we've all missed Milf at his twinkle toes best. Some of his bombs have been deadly, he's kicked a 40/20 he's laid on a few tries - if he could just get all of those together in one game.

I don't want to believe that's the end. I want to see Milf quickly re-gain form back in the ISC and then after two or three weeks come back in and return to his 2015 form.

Like most it's probably not going to happen, but I still hold out a desperate hope for the wee man. How we've all missed Milf at his twinkle toes best. Some of his bombs have been deadly, he's kicked a 40/20 he's laid on a few tries - if he could just get all of those together in one game.

He was playing along side peak Ben Hunt, with Hodges, Thaiday, Boyd, Blair, Parker all at their peak. 2015 Milf didn't exist in a vacuum.

He was playing along side peak Ben Hunt, with Hodges, Thaiday, Boyd, Blair, Parker all at their peak. 2015 Milf didn't exist in a vacuum.
Good point, but none of them determined his speed off the mark or his ability to dig into the defence and either pass or grubber in behind. We just don't see any of that from him at the moment.

Good point, but none of them determined his speed off the mark or his ability to dig into the defence and either pass or grubber in behind. We just don't see any of that from him at the moment.

He's had shoulder and hammy problems though, sometimes when you have those injuries they affect you for the rest of your career.

Those blokes certainly made his ability to shine at lot easier. But you are right, he's just not showing that he's got anything special left.

Active Now

• The True King
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • Lozza
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Splinter
  • broncoscope
  • cento
  • Sproj
  • Rambstien
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Skathen
  • Porthoz
  • Harry Sack
  • Ozired
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.