NEWS As expected: round 6 and the axe falls

As previously seen in BHQ's crystal ball, Round 6 marks Anthony Milford’s banishment to the QLD Cup. His first outright demotion in nine years. After pissing around with the other two halves Kevvie has finally shown his hand and has done what always had to be done. Milford now finds himself training with the Reserve Grade squad, along with promising centre Tesi Niu. Brodie Croft looks set to take his position outside Tommy Dearden, at least as a placeholder, until [watch this space] arrives. Jesse Arthars will replace Fantesi.

Brisbane management is hoping to have its 2022 roster sorted by June 30. That gives Milford at most 10 weeks to save his contract.

41EriLxY9L AC SX450

Drink up

Matt Lodge took the microphone to break the news:

“(Kevvie) has drawn a line in the sand. Although I feel sorry for the guys who miss out, you can’t keep doing the same thing week in, week out and expect change. Kevvie has looked at the game and found some things he’s not happy with and he’s holding people accountable. We all know Milf is a talented first grade footballer but he and a couple of others aren’t doing what Kevvie wants and I applaud him for putting his foot down.”

McHunt

Like all aspiring comedians you cannot please everyone. I haven't been impressed but that's okay too. I don't see his posts, other than the thread starter and only read the relevant bits. I prefer my news 'dry'. That is, if I want amateur comedy I'll YouTube it. I'd much prefer just a news article but power to those who love the preamble drivel.
hook, line and sinker...

So that's it after seven seasons? So long, good luck?
I hope so, but i see Kev doing a backflip on Milf at some point.
I have no patience left for Milford, as far as im concerned there is a massive difference between a patch of bad form, and not trying.
Milford for the most part, looked like he wasn't even trying.
As i have said before, he go's missing more often than not.
If he was active, and playing badly, that's forgivable, but to just disappear for 30 minutes + in each game in his role is unacceptable.

I don't want to believe that's the end. I want to see Milf quickly re-gain form back in the ISC and then after two or three weeks come back in and return to his 2015 form.

Like most it's probably not going to happen, but I still hold out a desperate hope for the wee man. How we've all missed Milf at his twinkle toes best. Some of his bombs have been deadly, he's kicked a 40/20 he's laid on a few tries - if he could just get all of those together in one game.
He needs to find the joy in football again and simplify his game. Probably his price tag and the pressure got to him to come up with the big plays. He needs to rediscover his short kicking game, when he first came here, that was the extent of his kicking and it was pretty good.

I'm still doubting Kevvie. I see a lot of Seibold in the way he is handling the bench and throwing darts at the board and hoping something lands. I'm not giving up on him by any means and won't make a judgement until after 12 months but there are some concerning signs.
Yeah have to agree, I hope it's just been that Kevvie has just been trying a few things to get a Guage on . But I think after 12 months we can definitely get to make judgments of him and his ability, until then it's a grin and bare it mentality i think.

I hope so, but i see Kev doing a backflip on Milf at some point.
I have no patience left for Milford, as far as im concerned there is a massive difference between a patch of bad form, and not trying.
Milford for the most part, looked like he wasn't even trying.
As i have said before, he go's missing more often than not.
If he was active, and playing badly, that's forgivable, but to just disappear for 30 minutes + in each game in his role is unacceptable.

Well, that was a Simpsons joke.

I disagree though. He's trying, but it's not happening.

In all honesty, he should have been moved to seven in 2019 and focused exclusively on his kicking. The running days of 2014-2016 are done.

He was playing with champions when he came in, now he's playing with rookies out of their depth.

I don't want to believe that's the end. I want to see Milf quickly re-gain form back in the ISC and then after two or three weeks come back in and return to his 2015 form.

Like most it's probably not going to happen, but I still hold out a desperate hope for the wee man. How we've all missed Milf at his twinkle toes best. Some of his bombs have been deadly, he's kicked a 40/20 he's laid on a few tries - if he could just get all of those together in one game.
I really doubt its the end , just a more go get your head in the game push . I really think Dearden will go back to cup at some point, weather it be because he's signed elsewhere or for a little bit of a rest.

Well, that was a Simpsons joke.

I disagree though. He's trying, but it's not happening.

In all honesty, he should have been moved to seven in 2019 and focused exclusively on his kicking. The running days of 2014-2016 are done.

He was playing with champions when he came in, now he's playing with rookies out of their depth.
Not having a dig, but how is he trying? I mean, in the 40 - 50 minutes he is visible on the field he is involved far less than he should be, particularly inside the opposition 20. The only credit i am willing to give Milford is his spiraling bombs, that's it, nothing else gets a pass.

I really doubt its the end , just a more go get your head in the game push . I really think Dearden will go back to cup at some point, weather it be because he's signed elsewhere or for a little bit of a rest.
As long as when he goes back, hes told its for his development and protection - and not because of poor form or hes not wanted. That message has to be so clear behind closed doors for it to work. They have to back him, knowing he wont be in first grade, never something easy to deliver.

Not having a dig, but how is he trying? I mean, in the 40 - 50 minutes he is visible on the field he is involved far less than he should be, particularly inside the opposition 20. The only credit i am willing to give Milford is his spiraling bombs, that's it, nothing else gets a pass.

I see the effort. I also see the lack of execution.

Should be more involved and should execute better, absolutely. He's also relying on others to do their jobs and execute, and they aren't either.

As long as when he goes back, hes told its for his development and protection - and not because of poor form or hes not wanted. That message has to be so clear behind closed doors for it to work. They have to back him, knowing he wont be in first grade, never something easy to deliver.
Glenn came out earlier in the week saying its time for poor performers to be dropped, now Milford has been dropped, you could tell him whatever you like, but Milford knows why he is being dropped.

Peak Milf would be super but maybe he needs some time in QCup, sadly

Glenn came out earlier in the week saying its time for poor performers to be dropped, now Milford has been dropped, you could tell him whatever you like, but Milford knows why he is being dropped.
Glenn should be dropped as well.
If you're like me and barely noticed Glenn, it might surprise you to learn he played 80 minutes and came second in the tackle tally.

HScreenshot 2021 04 12 Rabbitohs v Broncos

Came here to say this too, his running and tackle breaking abilities are no way near what they used to be. Some players go through periods where everything comes together physically for a while and then it fades quick.

It's possible that Bennett noticed him slowing down and told him to focus on his kicking/game management in 2018. Subsequent coaches have just been like, "Hey Milf do that running thing you used to do!"

Came here to say this too, his running and tackle breaking abilities are no way near what they used to be. Some players go through periods where everything comes together physically for a while and then it fades quick.

It's possible that Bennett noticed him slowing down and told him to focus on his kicking/game management in 2018. Subsequent coaches have just been like, "Hey Milf do that running thing you used to do!"
But he used to be following around the ruck and running onto the offloads. That came to a halt years ago and so did the offloads. So is that due to coaching, his laziness or just our players aren’t as good anymore?

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • Stix
  • Mr Fourex
  • bazza
  • cento
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.