Ash Graham announces retirement

Re: NRL Superstar announces shock retirement after this season

the usual fisherman becomes the fish...

Re: NRL Superstar announces shock retirement after this season

Wouldn't call Ash Graham a superstar but he has been a very good winger over the years. Farewell Ash and congragulations on a great career.

Renamed the thread. Don't actually know why this is a thread of its own, but anyway.

Cya mate, I personally won't miss you, because I honestly don't care.

whyd you change the thread name!?! no fair, just having a bit of fun :(. honestly, changing a topics title just because....why exactly?.....isnt cool.

"Don't actually know why this thread is a thread of its own"

why cant it have a thread of its own?

also, lol @ everyone missing the joke with 'superstar'.

Last edited:
The fact he's had a career at all after that horrific injury he suffered at Suncorp in 03 is a testament to his character.

Good honest club player. His performance on the wing in 2011 was consistently pretty good, particularly when it came to his dummy half running.

Shame people have got nothing better to do than mock him.

He's playing tonight, Broncos chances improve.

The fact he's had a career at all after that horrific injury he suffered at Suncorp in 03 is a testament to his character.

Good honest club player. His performance on the wing in 2011 was consistently pretty good, particularly when it came to his dummy half running.

Shame people have got nothing better to do than mock him.
the thing is, it doesnt matter who youve got passing you the ball, you dont get in the top 3 try scorers for ~3-4 continuous years without being pretty darn good at what you do.

97 tries in 191 games is a fantastic strike rate.

Sad that he has to retire at 28 due to ongoing injury.

Good on him and I wish for him the most terrible luck tonight. I hope he drops the ball 8 times tonight and gives us at least 4 tries from direct errors. C'mon Graham, it's not like you have to play for a contract! :001_tt2:

Probably shouldn't bag the guy forced into retirement because of injury, we have a guy in our team that could possibly face the same thing.

Last edited:
Fair point, and his arthritic ankle is due to a bad broken ankle he suffered at Suncorp Stadium as I recall...

Wasn't he once mentioned as a possibility to play Origin ???

Anyway, congrats on a great career.

Fair point, and his arthritic ankle is due to a bad broken ankle he suffered at Suncorp Stadium as I recall...

I'd probably break my ankle too if 115kg of Shane Webcke fell on it.

Wasn't he once mentioned as a possibility to play Origin ???

Anyway, congrats on a great career.
yep, was pretty much next in line in 2011 i think. he deserved it at the time, had been playing great and consistent footy.

Certainly not the worst winger going around, but certainly not a superstar.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • kman
  • MrRobot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redux
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.