Ash Taylor granted permission to look elsewhere

Hopefully I'm wrong and it works out really well for us. But I don't pay any attention to the fact we've done well so far. This is a monumentally important decision that will be measured in premierships, not good starts to the season.

....sooo, what 3-4....10 premierships, before you will concede it's been a success?

LOL.

There aren't that many , actually none who have the opinion that WB acted dishonourably and certainly none who claim to know the whole 'truth' , who claim to know with 100% certainty about private conversations that they couldn't possibly have heard. Yes, Porthoz is absolutely full of it, up to the eyeballs. Making ludicrous claims and libellous slanders about a subject he cannot possibly know all about. The worst kind of mathematician , 2+2 = 5.

As for his opinion of Taylor, that is something I can understand as it is underpinned with a sort of logic albeit bitter and twisted with spite. His baseless attack on a mans integrity and inferred slur without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

I need you to move on from attacking Porthoz, everyone is sick of reading it, mate.

Who even says that Bennett thinks Taylor is ready for NRL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all I've seen from the official stories is that Taylor thinks he's ready for NRL, and by releasing him Bennett must think so too. Bennett might not, though. He might be of the same opinion as some here, that he won't be ready until next year or the year after. And is willing to work with him until then. But if Taylor doesn't agree, and is not willing to bide his time, then releasing him is not only the right thing to do, but the smart thing to do.

Who even says that Bennett thinks Taylor is ready for NRL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all I've seen from the official stories is that Taylor thinks he's ready for NRL, and by releasing him Bennett must think so too. Bennett might not, though. He might be of the same opinion as some here, that he won't be ready until next year or the year after. And is willing to work with him until then. But if Taylor doesn't agree, and is not willing to bide his time, then releasing him is not only the right thing to do, but the smart thing to do.
You are right WB has told him the areas he needs to work on during the discussion on him leaving to play NRL

I need you to move on from attacking Porthoz, everyone is sick of reading it, mate.
It's a two way street Nashy and I have been on the receiving end many a time. Talk about attacks, everyone ( yeah right, how would I know EVERYONE is sick of Porthoz's attacks on WB ) is tired of reading about WB being such a prick. It would be a fair trade don't you think if Porthoz stopped denigrating our coach in the first place (which prompted me to point out another attack ) and consequently me not commenting on the fact the attacks are baseless ,false and unsubstantiated.

I will desist as requested but would appreciate it if Porthoz did desist from inferring WB is dishonourable...fair yeah ?

So the Titans are favourites to sign Taylor for next season yet they are also very close to signing Hodkinson, which doesn't really make sense because you would assume that next year they'll go with an Elgey/Hodkinson halves paring which would still leave Taylor waiting for a first grade spot. In that regard it would make more sense for him to go to Manly (please no) although I wouldn't rule out Newcastle considering that Roberts is now on the outer.

Look, we were always going to lose either Taylor or J Nik and I for one am glad that we went with Jayden. How cool would it be to see both Niko brothers playing first grade together in a few years time? Good luck to Ash and I hope he goes well wherever he ends up but I'm not overly concerned about losing him.

What games do I need to be watching to see all the butt hurt about Ashley Taylor being released?

6. Milford
7. Hunt

Rinse, repeat for the next 5-8 years. It's not like he's Hunt in 2009 with caretaker halves like Wallace or Scott Prince or the "touched one" (Norman) in front of him. And there's better, more robust, utility hooker/bench hookers available - Parcell, Kodi, Jayden Nikorima who will get a taste of first grade off the bench.

His competition have both been in Origin squads for the past 2 years and are 25 and 20. They are going to be around for a long time.

Taylor looks like his pathway will be thrown into deepend and sink or swim. He should sign with the Storm or another good quality coached team.

Titans would be horrific mistake.

It's a two way street Nashy and I have been on the receiving end many a time. Talk about attacks, everyone ( yeah right, how would I know EVERYONE is sick of Porthoz's attacks on WB ) is tired of reading about WB being such a prick. It would be a fair trade don't you think if Porthoz stopped denigrating our coach in the first place (which prompted me to point out another attack ) and consequently me not commenting on the fact the attacks are baseless ,false and unsubstantiated.

I will desist as requested but would appreciate it if Porthoz did desist from inferring WB is dishonourable...fair yeah ?

Very. And I'm sure [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION] will agree.

@Morkel

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227428175666

I disagree, his next step should be a regular season of ISC.
Was it WB saying his next step should be regular NRL or a club spokesman ? I tend to agree with you that had he played a season and a half of ISC he would then have been ready for the NRL . I suspect that he has received a substantial offer to play elsewhere and that offer may have been four or five times what he would have earned at the Broncos . Basically, too good to refuse.

The article states it was Bennett.

I posted the full quote towards the start of the thread.

@Morkel

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227428175666

I disagree, his next step should be a regular season of ISC.

I read that in a different context. That reads to me like "For Taylor to think about expecting to nail down a halves spot, he needs to have progressed past the NYC and ISC and have been playing in the NRL regularly". NRL being the next step because he's already played NYC and a handful of ISC.

It's one thing to play ISC, it's another to excel at that level and Taylor still has a few areas he needs to work on before he's able to do that.

That is his next step, not regular NRL.

It's one thing to play ISC, it's another to excel at that level and Taylor still has a few areas he needs to work on before he's able to do that.

That is his next step, not regular NRL.

I agree entirely.

Very. And I'm sure @Porthoz will agree.
I would, if I had done any of that in at least several months.
The only time I mentioned WB's recruitment recently was in reply to @lynx000 post, as an explanation and to emphasise it's in the past and I'm not dwelling on it.

Talking about the Taylor decision and how Boyd's recruitment had an impact on it, has nothing to do with how WB returned to the Broncos. Of course, whining about how mean Porthoz is to WB, makes it so much easier to deflect from the subject, and devalue my opinions on the matter.

Last edited:

And to be fair to Port, he did not raise it on this occasion, I did in making my argument that his view was flawed to which he responded in a perfectly appropriate way.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • phoenix
  • whykickamoocow
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • Evander
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Bish
  • mitch222
  • Mr Fourex
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • HarryAllan7
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Sproj
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.