Ashes Discussion

Swing, seam , drift, black magic. I will never get sick of watching this delivery. I hear what everyone is saying. We can’t control swing after the ball seams. But Imagine if we could.

I also could watch this ball all day every day but there is a reason why it is so special, it did things a ball normally doesn't do.

I personally loved the Steve Waugh back of the hand swing ball that slowed it down

Waiting for the calls to move Marnus up to open... why?? because Smith doesn't like waiting around and Ussie can play 4

🙄🙄🙄
Didn't have to wait long

Screenshot 20220112 080734 Facebook

Screenshot 20220112 080942 Chrome

The real kicker is later on Ed says that moving Marnus to open is probably not a long term thing.

Soooo you want to move our long term No. 3 to opener in order to accommodate a 35yr old at 4 for a dead rubber match 🤔🤔🤔

Personally I would think it more appropriate to get Uzzy into opener as soon as possible given he's probably odds on to be the opener for upcoming tours of Pakistan, Sri Lanka and India.

I also could watch this ball all day every day but there is a reason why it is so special, it did things a ball normally doesn't do.

That big crack it landed next to would have had nothing to do with the deviation ?
All through the last test they were talking about platelets . I thought platelets were a term related to blood not cricket pitches ??
Anyway , live and learn . Swing off the pitch , platelets , Q anon . I have an open mind . LOL .

Would you not try labby as an opener? He basically has been anyway.
Knowing usman is so much better at 4 or 5. Even though he is still way better then Harris as an opener as well, wtf was he dropped for him again?

Does this spell the end for Harris now? Almost 30, over 10 tests and average of 20 odd does not bode well for another to surely.

Knowing usman is so much better at 4 or 5. Even though he is still way better then Harris as an opener as well, wtf was he dropped for him again?

I have never been impressed by Labuschagne at opener. Not sure why but for the Bulls it’s never worked.

13 times av 29.

Khawaja hasn’t opened since 2019 and I don’t like makeshift openers.

Bellerive is a nightmare. Labuschagne has five games there and av 38, Khawaja 13 games av 29.

Tasmania would be the worst ground to rejig your line up. I wouldn’t be shocked if this isn’t over in three days and no one scores above 200.

Blues got out for 32 there 12 months ago.

I have never been impressed by Labuschagne at opener. Not sure why but for the Bulls it’s never worked.

13 times av 29.

Khawaja hasn’t opened since 2019 and I don’t like makeshift openers.

Bellerive is a nightmare. Labuschagne has five games there and av 38, Khawaja 13 games av 29.

Tasmania would be the worst ground to rejig your line up. I wouldn’t be shocked if this isn’t over in three days and no one scores above 200.

Blues got out for 32 there 12 months ago.
It’s amazing how much players performances differ when they change where they come out to bat.
Labuschagne is still coming out too the new ball with how poorly Harris has played yet when he starts there he plays worse…from the stats you’ve shown me.

Is Boland fit or is Jhye coming in? Have they announced it?

It’s amazing how much players performances differ when they change where they come out to bat.
Labuschagne is still coming out too the new ball with how poorly Harris has played yet when he starts there he plays worse…from the stats you’ve shown me.
Marnus FC stats are far lower than his test stats, so may not necessarily be the issue.

My issue with moving Marnus to open is you then move Smith up to 3, possibly exposing him further... also throws out the balance of our batting lineup as our best 3 batsmen (who are miles above the rest) are then the first 3 batters and exposed to the most difficult time to bat.

And why do all this just to accommodate a 35yr batsmen for a dead rubber test.

Even after Uzzie drops out of the team possibly after next summer... who do we then have to come in at 3 or 4?? (who should ideally be your best batsmen).

Or would we then just chuck Marnus back to 3, which is the most likely scenario, but would probably happen after failed experiments with Head, Maddinson, etc. getting a run at 4 first.

It's mentioned a lot that ideally your best batsmen should be at no. 3 and 4, and we've stumbled onto that.

A good no. 3 is just as hard, if not harder, to find than a good opener, so I dont see why we should be looking to move ours up... who also just happens to be the no. 1 batter in the world.

Marnus FC stats are far lower than his test stats, so may not necessarily be the issue.

My issue with moving Marnus to open is you then move Smith up to 3, possibly exposing him further... also throws out the balance of our batting lineup as our best 3 batsmen (who are miles above the rest) are then the first 3 batters and exposed to the most difficult time to bat.

Even after Uzzie drops out of the team possibly after next summer... who do we then have to come in at 3 or 4?? (who should ideally be your best batsmen).

Or would we then just chuck Marnus back to 3, which is the most likely scenario, but would probably happen after failed experiments with Head, Maddinson, etc. getting a run at 4 first.

It's mentioned a lot that ideally your best batsmen should be at no. 3 and 4, and we've stumbled onto that.

A good no. 3 is just as hard, if not harder, to find than a good opener, so I dont see why we should be looking to move ours up... who also just happens to be the no. 1 batter in the world.

Exactly!

Touché

I don't see the point in moving our #3, averaging 60+, to accommodate an opener. Usman is good enough to open, and will hopefully do so for the next 2-3 years with Warner giving time for guys like Pukovski to get their head right.

Rain predicted in Hobart this afternoon and evening .
And for the next few days .

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • IceWorks
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.