Ashes Discussion

So one person uses it, probably without even thinking to deeply about it, and that makes it normal?

Normal no, but I he is a current coach at QC and selector who was at the COE for four years teaching bowling. I didn't just ask Stefanie in accounts.

I'd like to think Harris knows a thing about bowling.

Normal no, but I he is a current coach at QC and selector who was at the COE for four years teaching bowling. I didn't just ask Stefanie in accounts.

I'd like to think almost everyone else involved in cricket who doesn't / never has used that also knows a thing or two. We also aren't just talking about Stefanie in accounting here.

You were trying to convince people like seam and swing are the same thing as if seam is just a variant or variation of swing. Which is completely not true yes a bowler can do both but that doesn’t make it the same thing. As for swinging it off the seam is entirely wrong statement and that bounce movement is what is called SEAM bounce. Yes it can swing after seaming but that is uncontrollable as been said a number of times. Considering this conversation started with you trying to uneducatedly (not a word I know, also I know it’s ironic) and condescendingly tell people that they don’t understand something that you very much have no clue about I think it’s probably time we wrap this argument up because it’s getting stupider by the second.

Whether you want to agree with this or not Swing is through the air, Seam is off the bounce. You can not swing it off the seam or whatever you said. It can swing after seaming but as stated a million times that is uncontrollable and rarely ever occurs until it is tailing through to the keeper.

I personally think your statistical understanding of cricket is amazing (especially shield) and you understand a lot of cricket areas more than the average Joe and people on this forum however your understanding of this concept is simply not right and has been misunderstood and miscommunicated to the group.

You were trying to convince people like seam and swing are the same thing as if seam is just a variant or variation of swing. Which is completely not true yes a bowler can do both but that doesn’t make it the same thing. As for swinging it off the seam is entirely wrong statement and that bounce movement is what is called SEAM bounce. Yes it can swing after seaming but that is uncontrollable as been said a number of times. Considering this conversation started with you trying to uneducatedly (not a word I know, also I know it’s ironic) and condescendingly tell people that they don’t understand something that you very much have no clue about I think it’s probably time we wrap this argument up because it’s getting stupider by the second.

Whether you want to agree with this or not Swing is through the air, Seam is off the bounce. You can not swing it off the seam or whatever you said. It can swing after seaming but as stated a million times that is uncontrollable and rarely ever occurs until it is tailing through to the keeper.

I personally think your statistical understanding of cricket is amazing (especially shield) and you understand a lot of cricket areas more than the average Joe and people on this forum however your understanding of this concept is simply not right and has been misunderstood and miscommunicated to the group.

He probably just wanted an excuse to name drop Ryan Harris, only reason he started this random tangent about swinging off the seam 😂

#istandwithharris

No cause the ball seams off the swing of the spin

Wrist spinners get more rotation on the ball , so it swings in the air and off the pitch .

Gotta say sorry Ryno in 50 years of playing , coaching and watching cricket I have never heard of swing off the pitch before . Not from TV commentators , my coaches , my fellow players or the coaching reference books I read .

Maybe they do it differently in Sth Oz where he comes from . But I did some work at the Adelaide oval one summer in the 90s and never heard of swing off the pitch there either .

Wrist spinners get more rotation on the ball , so it swings in the air and off the pitch .

Gotta say sorry Ryno in 50 years of playing , coaching and watching cricket I have never heard of swing off the pitch before . Not from TV commentators , my coaches , my fellow players or the coaching reference books I read .

Maybe they do it differently in Sth Oz where he comes from . But I did some work at the Adelaide oval one summer in the 90s and never heard of swing off the pitch there either .

But Harris knows a thing or two about bowling, so despite the weight of evidence against it, we must accept that this is a common term.

I'm looking forward to watching highlights of that most classic of all swing bowlers, Shane Warne, again tonight. Or maybe that ball from Starc to Vince that swung viciously out of the crack.

But Harris knows a thing or two about bowling, so despite the weight of evidence against it, we must accept that this is a common term.

I'm looking forward to watching highlights of that most classic of all swing bowlers, Shane Warne, again tonight. Or maybe that ball from Starc to Vince that swung viciously out of the crack.
Don’t you just love it when you get one to swing off the seam and skittle their off stump

Let's be real here people it doesnt swing off the seam for spinners.... I believe the correct term is drift off the seam

Respect to Ryan Harris for his career .
He did have skills to move the ball both in the air and off the seam . I was a fan of his work .

Swing, seam , drift, black magic. I will never get sick of watching this delivery. I hear what everyone is saying. We can’t control swing after the ball seams. But Imagine if we could.

Swing, seam , drift, black magic. I will never get sick of watching this delivery. I hear what everyone is saying. We can’t control swing after the ball seams. But Imagine if we could.

If we could swinging it off the seam would than be under-utilised. Why on earth would we need it anymore if we could control the swing after the seam

Active Now

• Big Del
  • LittleDavey
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • BroncosMan
  • MrMoore
  • leon.bott
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mark H
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Bronx48
  • jd87
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.