Ashes Discussion

Apart from being a dickhead to his wife and family, there’s nothing in that and the bitch is just getting a payday.
Yeah she has jumped at the chance to make some cash.

His behaviour is inappropriate but she's no saint either. She would have known his marital status and yet she continued to message him and play along.

Most people would delete those sort of messages so clearly she had some ideas about what she was going to do with them when the time was right.

I can’t wait for the nrl to adapt this policy. Bronco cleared 4 years ago now under investigation. Hell let’s fine players from the 90’s for shoulder charges.

I'm not a legal expert, would he be in strife if he came out and named her?

I don't think this woman is the person that released details of this incident to the media.

if she wanted to humiliate Paine or CA; or she wanted money, then she would have released details of this incident after a CA integrity investigation cleared him of breaching their code of conduct (likely to avoid the embarrassment of another scandal immediately following sandpaper-gate)

on the other hand, it seems to be a consensus that the only reason Paine was in the team was because he had the (c) next to his name 🤔

I don’t know mate. It seems to me she was stewing on his success and wanted to take him down out of jealousy.

that's a very big assumption to make when you don't even know the woman at the centre of the incident.

I see it all the time on here ... when the behaviour of an athlete get's revealed in the media, the majority of the comments are about the women being jealous or things much more vulgar rather than laying the blame where it belongs after finding out exactly what happened.

I don't mean to sound like a feminist, because i'm not, far from it ... but i do have two younger sisters and if they were called a "slag" or worse because some sleeze sent them a dick pic, i'd be ropable (to put it mildly) ...

that's a very big assumption to make when you don't even know the woman at the centre of the incident.

I see it all the time on here ... when the behaviour of an athlete get's revealed in the media, the majority of the comments are about the women being jealous or things much more vulgar rather than laying the blame where it belongs after finding out exactly what happened.

I don't mean to sound like a feminist, because i'm not, far from it ... but i do have two younger sisters and if they were called a "slag" or worse because some sleeze sent them a dick pic, i'd be ropable (to put it mildly) ...
What blame is there to lay exactly? Is he vilified because of the messages in general? If so why isn’t she? Investigated and cleared 4 years ago. 4 years. Is he punished because he’s a bad family man or because he sent messages ppl send each other every day?

Well I'm not going into the ethics of it all but since he is no longer captain, I agree with others, he isn't good enough to be in the team on either of his batting or keeping skills. All of which means, I reckon it might be time to make a couple of changes and see how it goes and that means time for another team list, based on the two squads:

1. Warner
2. Hunt
3. Labushagne
4. Smith (c)
5. Green
6. Khawaja
7. Inglis (wk)
8. Richardson
9. Cummins
10. Swepson
11. Hazlewood

Well I'm not going into the ethics of it all but since he is no longer captain, I agree with others, he isn't good enough to be in the team on either of his batting or keeping skills. All of which means, I reckon it might be time to make a couple of changes and see how it goes and that means time for another team list, based on the two squads:

1. Warner
2. Hunt
3. Labushagne
4. Smith (c)
5. Green
6. Khawaja
7. Inglis (wk)
8. Richardson
9. Cummins
10. Swepson
11. Hazlewood
Why do you do this sproj mate. You do some stupid shit sometimes (like everyone to be fair). Obviously zero chance that Harris doesn’t get selected and as for Lyon like come on, we seriously going to have that conversation.

1. Warner
2. Hunt
3. Labushagne
4. Smith (c)
5. Green
6. Khawaja
7. Inglis (wk)
8. Richardson
9. Cummins
10. Swepson
11. Hazlewood
Warner
Khawaja
Labu
Smith (c)
Head
Green
Paine/Carey
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

Most likely 1st test side. The Aus A game will decide which of Usman/Harris. Paine will likely play a test or two more then he's finished, if he's not already. The media will be out for him. I also have a feeling the selectors will back Head and as long as it's not Mitch Marsh I will be content.

What blame is there to lay exactly? Is he vilified because of the messages in general? If so why isn’t she? Investigated and cleared 4 years ago. 4 years. Is he punished because he’s a bad family man or because he sent messages ppl send each other every day?

everyone knows exactly why he was cleared 4 years ago, and it has absolutely nothing to do with being innocent of wrong doing

**** me of Pat gets instated as captain it shows the administration is a group of spineless ***** who are to worried about there jobs than actually winning cricket. I’m sorry but he is a poster boy because he is a ‘nice’ guy. **** that the bloke couldn’t captain to save his life. The fact he had to come out and say he had 10 blokes to help him shows he has got no clue and shouldn’t be captain. Quite honestly Smith, Head and Usman are all far more qualified than that man ever will be due to experience and currently 2 of them are fighting for a position, that’s pretty telling of Cummins credentials. Smith was an outstanding tactician who yes was also a spineless coward who didn’t stop Warner’s antics but at the same time he is the only man who has got a clue of how to captain this side for the next few years until someone is actually eligible to do it whether it’s marnus, Head or Cummins once he has finally had captaincy experience. People say the culture of Australian cricket was shocking before hand, which it was. There was no issue with be absolute assholes out on the field in order to win at all costs. I had no issues with that. The team are a bunch of soft **** snowflakes at the moment that need someone like smith to put that hard edge back into them and quite frankly I don’t think the team would have any edge or performance accountability with a softy like Cummins as captain. I think if we go down the road of Cummins it’s a slippery slope we will struggle to get ourselves out of and could really **** us over for the future. Let’s just hope the selectors get in the boards ear and they make the right call rather than the ‘politically correct’ call they so dearly love to pull out there ass in times like these.

**** me of Pat gets instated as captain it shows the administration is a group of spineless ***** who are to worried about there jobs than actually winning cricket. I’m sorry but he is a poster boy because he is a ‘nice’ guy. **** that the bloke couldn’t captain to save his life. The fact he had to come out and say he had 10 blokes to help him shows he has got no clue and shouldn’t be captain. Quite honestly Smith, Head and Usman are all far more qualified than that man ever will be due to experience and currently 2 of them are fighting for a position, that’s pretty telling of Cummins credentials. Smith was an outstanding tactician who yes was also a spineless coward who didn’t stop Warner’s antics but at the same time he is the only man who has got a clue of how to captain this side for the next few years until someone is actually eligible to do it whether it’s marnus, Head or Cummins once he has finally had captaincy experience. People say the culture of Australian cricket was shocking before hand, which it was. There was no issue with be absolute assholes out on the field in order to win at all costs. I had no issues with that. The team are a bunch of soft **** snowflakes at the moment that need someone like smith to put that hard edge back into them and quite frankly I don’t think the team would have any edge or performance accountability with a softy like Cummins as captain. I think if we go down the road of Cummins it’s a slippery slope we will struggle to get ourselves out of and could really **** us over for the future. Let’s just hope the selectors get in the boards ear and they make the right call rather than the ‘politically correct’ call they so dearly love to pull out there ass in times like these.

I think the simplest answer is the correct one in this case. It has to be Steve Smith. He's the best captain we've got. Anyone else (Head, Khawaja) are big risks of being dropped for form in the near future and Cummins is a bit too air-headed to be an Australia captain for mine.

I think the simplest answer is the correct one in this case. It has to be Steve Smith. He's the best captain we've got. Anyone else (Head, Khawaja) are big risks of being dropped for form in the near future and Cummins is a bit too air-headed to be an Australia captain for mine.
I’m not saying head or Khawaja should be captain at all I’m saying the fact that players that are fighting for spots that have better credentials than Cummins shows he really shouldn’t be the captain.

Easy answer that solves all the problems:

Peirson (c)

He's won a Shield as captain, better achievement than most captain nominees have

1. Warner
2. Hunt
3. Labushagne
4. Smith (c)
5. Green
6. Khawaja
7. Inglis (wk)
8. Richardson
9. Cummins
10. Swepson
11. Hazlewood

What happens if it's a 38 degree day in Brisbane and Australia field for day and a half. How is Inglis going to cope with that when he's kept nine times in the last two years?

To me that's a massive risk.

Swepson hasn't bowled since March. I'd be worried about his form and neck. Last time he bowled too much he broke down.

It's bold moves for sure.

I think Carey, he's earned it. He's been the best performing keeper in the Shield since 2016 in some very average Redback sides.

He's been good this year, runs as such aren't a focus for me but the tough way he batted out an hour and a half against the Bulls this season for the draw was tough going. Skeketee was bowling well and he couldn't get him.

There is very little between Peirson and Carey since 15/16. Carey 146 dismissals from 36 games and Jim 162 from 45 games.

I think Carey, he's earned it. He's been the best performing keeper in the Shield since 2016 in some very average Redback sides.

He's been good this year, runs as such aren't a focus for me but the tough way he batted out an hour and a half against the Bulls this season for the draw was tough going. Skeketee was bowling well and he couldn't get him.

There is very little between Peirson and Carey since 15/16. Carey 146 dismissals from 36 games and Jim 162 from 45 games.
Theres been massive difference between the 2 in the last 2 and a half seasons. However at the start of the season I did the math and Peirson had averaged 60 odd for the 2 seasons (maybe even the first game or two of this year) and averages 53 this year. Carey isn’t doing that. It’s a disgrace that not only have they looked the other way, but they have not acknowledged Jimmy Peirsons form at all. AT ALL. I literally watched a fox sports news interview where the journalist completely melted the idea of Jimmy Peirson saying that he is the best glove man but not better with the bat. Well technically I think recent stats would argue otherwise.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wild Horse
  • Griffo
  • scobie
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky field goal
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Thelmus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • Stix
  • winslow_wong
  • Tmac
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.