Ashes Discussion

Not much you can do when you are captaining the England team of the SS comp. He has no cattle to work with in the batting department.

That's why I was interested to know about tactics- SA don't show any. I think you can comment on him being young when he got the job and that's brave, took them to two finals and how his batting has improved but tactically over the last four years he/they haven't shown much.

They only bowled a side out once last summer.

WA- 5/481d and 2/215d
TAS-8/493d
Vic-3/564d
QLD-5/496d and 3/105d
WA-5/409d and 9/148
NSW 7/366d and 4/298
VIC- 365!!! FInally.

Two years without a SS win and first winless season (total 13 games) in both formats in 35 years!

Four SS wooden spoons in a row is pretty idle!
Look at the team he had. Captaincy isn't all about results. If that's all you're going to mention, and not actual captaincy, it's not worth discussing.

Look at the team he had. Captaincy isn't all about results. If that's all you're going to mention, and not actual captaincy, it's not worth discussing.
100% I could skipper Australia and they would still take all 10 wickets 9/10 times. South Australia.

Lucky I provided data on field placing and bowling changes and plans that don't seem to be working. Nice avoiding.

Lucky I provided data on field placing and bowling changes and plans that don't seem to be working. Nice avoiding.
Where did you provide that? I saw you post scorecards. I can't see your post with that, can you quote it for me and I'll respond.

The breakdown of Head's innings is interesting- 42% attacking shots- the most for a 100 since Voges 2015- 43%.

Head's false shot % was 18 just above the average of 15%.

So he was attacking but wasn't loose.

Think you missed the point.
If you were trying to make a point about not being able to show facts on captaincy, which is pretty true, it really is a feeling and it's so heavily opinion based compared to discussing someones skills as a player, you lost it with your last sentence.

If you were trying to make a point about not being able to show facts on captaincy, which is pretty true, it really is a feeling and it's so heavily opinion based compared to discussing someones skills as a player, you lost it with your last sentence.

I think only being able to bowl a side out once in a season is pretty telling of a whole organisation- reflects on their field, their bowlers, their captain and planning and I think the captain has to take some of that- it's his team.

If the Bulls took 61 wickets which is just above what some individual bowlers get and eight declarations against them I certainly wouldn't be happy with Khawaja.

And now Australia is meekly pissing away yesterday’s hard work

Not really shouldn’t be left up to the bowlers to get us to an acceptable total. What really undid our hard work was getting out first ball on 101 and not pushing on with greens 75. Whilst they got us out of a lot of shit and I’m happy with there efforts they simply gave away there wickets. But at the same time I am confident we have enough. Especially if we can frustrate them for another half an hour plus here.

Suck shit Wood... fucking crap negative cricket and still getting sent for 6 by the no. 10

Horrible batting from Lyon.. hitting Wood for all these sixes will only him angry and inspire the English batsmen
3377CFE6 F99B 40D1 9F31 3805E3F0B735

**** sake ... Now Carey gets bowled by England's shittest bowler

Australia above average now- 257 has been the average score this year from seven innings here.

I think only being able to bowl a side out once in a season is pretty telling of a whole organisation- reflects on their field, their bowlers, their captain and planning and I think the captain has to take some of that- it's his team.

If the Bulls took 61 wickets which is just above what some individual bowlers get and eight declarations against them I certainly wouldn't be happy with Khawaja.
No, the captain doesn't have to take blame in the sides team they field, unless he is part of the recruitment. Travis Head can't control SA having a putrid bowling attack.

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.