Auckland 9s - Brisbane vs Cronulla - LIVE Discussion

Hopefully bulky Milford doesn't end up like bulky Barba last year. Both had huge expectations with this tournament, and neither lived anywhere near up to it too. Well, at least Milford still has one more game.

**** off Ofangahue for 2015 as well. If I'm slamming Maranta for playing like a ****wit I have to slam him too. Can't even hold the footy for ****s sake

don't stress too much, Joe O(no here we go again)) wont play nrl this year, and is unlikely to under wb...

Hopefully bulky Milford doesn't end up like bulky Barba last year. Both had huge expectations with this tournament, and neither lived anywhere near up to it too. Well, at least Milford still has one more game.

Wait Barba played for the Sharks? I missed that game how did he go?

The Auckland 9's won't last if all NRL teams drift towards fielding pathetic squads like the Broncos have.

have a look at the storm and panthers sides
and even so, its a joke of a tournament and its not like we are desperate for the money. wait until a big name gets injured and see how well that team likes the tournament then

Rather disappointed I had to wait all day for that.

lmao

I usually like to look on the positive side of things, but was that a slightly younger, slightly fatter Ben Barba out there for us today? That bulkiness really helped him defensively though.. :laugh:

I don't care if it's a pointless competition or a trial, or if we don't have a single first grader, I want our fucking team to show some pride for the jersey and give it an actual go.
And I want us to win the game. So yeah that was hard to watch.

have a look at the storm and panthers sides
and even so, its a joke of a tournament and its not like we are desperate for the money. wait until a big name gets injured and see how well that team likes the tournament then

FFS, oh no someone might get injured.... Boyd was injured in training, do we stop preseason training incase a player is injured leading into the season?

They get paid big money to perform, man the **** up and perform.

Couldn't give a shit that we lost or got flogged, but some things are still disappointing regardless of the format. Milford's defence being the main one.

Also thought Maranta had learnt where the sideline was, but it seems he hasn't. I don't recall any winger ever going into touch so often without being touched the way Maranta does.

On the bright side, hopefully this means we'll see Jikorima start tomorrow. Milford shouldn't even play tomorrow (not because of his shitness today, but because there's no point).

FFS, oh no someone might get injured.... Boyd was injured in training, do we stop preseason training incase a player is injured leading into the season?

They get paid big money to perform, man the **** up and perform.

I can live with Boyd being injured at training because he is preparing for the season but I couldn't live with Milford or McCullough getting a season ending injury on a tournament that doesn't count for shit. We have a lot higher goals this year than the Auckland nines and in case you didn't realise, the rabbits won the comp last year and did **** all in the nines.

Maranta couldn't finish a w**k....that was hard to watch. Kodi, Parcell and Eden were the only positives even though Parcell made a few errors. Eden has pace! Aaron whitchurch is absolutely horrible even though he scored, players were just running around him. I said this earlier today when we played the Roosters but Milford his way too big.....it is ridiculous. Even the nikorimas looked to have put on a bit too much weight. Joe Ofahengaue had an absolute shocker, but how quick is he for a front-rower?!

I can live with Boyd being injured at training because he is preparing for the season but I couldn't live with Milford or McCullough getting a season ending injury on a tournament that doesn't count for shit. We have a lot higher goals this year than the Auckland nines and in case you didn't realise, the rabbits won the comp last year and did **** all in the nines.

oh you're right, we are winning it all now because we didn't do shit in the nines...

Nines replaces a trial match anyway so it's still preparing for the season, i take it you watched the games tho right? I mean you don't like it but you watch it right?

All agreed maranta is not a NRL winger? Seriously the foot over the line just says it all. Parcell was solid even with a costly mistake good start to his NRL career. Kodi did look good and Jayden made some good tackles. Big Joe had the worst game I saw from him the poor bugger but I'm sure he will bounce back perhaps Bennett was right and 2016 should be the goal.

I am worried about Milford soon as they said he put on weight, he didn't need weight he ended technique that's all. Did Glenn play? That's Glenn the hole running former international?

oh you're right, we are winning it all now because we didn't do **** in the nines...

Nines replaces a trial match anyway so it's still preparing for the season, i take it you watched the games tho right? I mean you don't like it but you watch it right?

We have won and lost preseason competitions before just like we have with trials some great, some good, some poor and some downright ugly like the warriors trial round last year they are a very misleading indication of how a team will be come round 1. The side we fielded in this one doesn't even come close to the one we field round 1. I hardly think its time to jump off a bridge.

Well there goes my excitement and expectations for the rest of the tournament.

Bring on Round 1.

I can live with Boyd being injured at training because he is preparing for the season but I couldn't live with Milford or McCullough getting a season ending injury on a tournament that doesn't count for ****. We have a lot higher goals this year than the Auckland nines and in case you didn't realise, the rabbits won the comp last year and did **** all in the nines.

The rabbits made the semi's in the 9's last year, so i wouldn't say they did eff all during that comp....

This side have no ball playing experience. Sharks had heighington and graham FFS,and that's all it took to control the game.
this was a calculated risk by Bennett to gave a look at some the 2nds.

On the positive side Eden looked pretty pacey, he has to be at least be above Maranta for a wing spot. If Maranta is one of our top two wingers at the club then we have problems.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • kiwibronco
  • something
  • Jazza
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • eggstar10
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lozza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • IceWorks
  • Dony Eliakim
  • broncotville
  • Johnny92
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Battler
  • Adammacca
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.