12) Mitchell Pearce
13) Lagi Setu
14) Nathan Stapleton
15) Siosiua Taukeiaho
16) Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
17) Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
18) Mitchell Williams

Phew!

I've just made six threads all dedicated to two full days of footy. Yep, it's definitely the off-season but I thought it'd be a good idea to give each Broncos game their own individual focus. The mods will open the next Broncos Live thread at the conclusion of each Broncos game so it should be easy to follow along.

Our campaign kicks off with the Sydney Roosters. If you can remember, we actually faced them last year and lost 14-7. It was the game with the famous Freddy Fittler intercept and it was absolutely embarrassing so hopefully we can avenge that.

I'm sure a lot of fans are familiar with the Broncos squad, so I thought it'd be worth running down the Roosters line-up to see what the boys are up against.

And I think it's fair to say that this will be our toughest challenge in the pool stages. The Roosters have been one of the stronger teams of the past two years and they've named a lot of their top-line players like Tuivasa-Sheck, Maloney, Pearce and Warea Hargreaves. Coupled with up and coming talents like McDonald, Elliott, Hastings, Langi, Evans etc. it's going to be imperative that the Broncos shut-down the second-phase otherwise their backs will wreak havoc.

Key for Brisbane will be to spread the ball as much as possible, get on the front foot and let Milford & the Nikorimas to play off the back of it.

Regardless of the result, I'm looking forward to the day and really just want to see the boys throw the footy around.

And another thing...

NO INJURIES.

We had an awesome squad last year and IMO our hustle defence really kept us in games longer than we should have been. But we did dumb, rookie things then (like Glenn being tackled into touch off the kick off in the final).

Enduros forwards like Lowrie and Glenn are great for this format.

Our gameplan this year will surely be focussed on all out attack. I don't think Bennett really cares where we place in this tournament.

It would be pretty satisfying to beat roosters and sharks. Don't really care about bulldogs.

Broncos are up after the Titans/Warriors game.

Brisbane Broncos
Alick
Maranta
Milford
Nicholls
McCullough
Molo
Glenn
Lowrie
Whitchurch

K. Nikorima
Gavet
Ofahengaue
Parcell
J. Nikorima

Holy shit, look how trim Macca and Glenn look!!

Cmon guys can't wait to see Milford go around in a Broncos jersey. I think this Roosters team will take some beating though.

Aw man, great take from Maranta.

Roosters receive a penalty as Maranta is called offside on a mid-field bomb.

Evans knocks on inside the Broncos half.

Good passage from Brisbane earns them a penalty well inside the Roosters half.

Bit of 'Warriors ball' there. Nice.

This is awesome, our guys are playing superbly

McCullough earns a penalty on the last.

Brisbane with another set on the Roosters line.

But then Alick spills a desperate Whitchurch offloads.

Both teams have blown good chances.

Our attack looked the same as the 2014 season... No bloody clue.

Active Now

• jd87
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosMan
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • MrMoore
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skathen
  • westy316
... and 48 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.