Auckland 9s Quarter Final

Players like Thurston and Smith find ways to win games. We seem to have 17 blokes who find ways to lose games. It's a habit we need to break if we're going to win a premiership anytime soon.

Chris Garry said that is just the weight he plays at now and he looks the same as last year.

Crap way to end the tournament! But like many have said , its not something read into form wise . Didn't watch a game but sounds like we took it pretty easy . As for being in a crap pool .... storm just beat the cows !!

Oh well, at least we only lost by a point, not the norm at all..

8uyuhRJ.png

Great, now we've got two mentally scarred players!

Far out Jordy shouldn't sweat it he had the ball for about 10 sec total. Poor bugger was tired too. I don't understand why the broncos tried to play through the middle so much when the whole point of the game was to get the ball to the outside and run like blazes. Also Milf looked like he was just there for the free buffet breakfasts and to see the sights.

Far out Jordy shouldn't sweat it he had the ball for about 10 sec total. Poor bugger was tired too. I don't understand why the broncos tried to play through the middle so much when the whole point of the game was to get the ball to the outside and run like blazes. Also Milf looked like he was just there for the free buffet breakfasts and to see the sights.
You miss one person who see the sight and did nothing James Roberts.

Outside of a few teams, I don't think clubs get the 9s.

Take Brisbane for instance and how they used their dummy half. In that format, your dummy half has to be active and look to scoot and get players on the front foot. In Brisbane's case, far too often it was just pick up and pass, preventing them from getting momentum. The few times they did look good was usually through opposition mistakes and Darius Boyd would sum it up with Kahu who continues to cement himself as one of the best finishers in the game.

I don't blame them either. It's a joke of a competition and teams are only there for a pay day but I think it shows how they're all just creatures of habit.

Did James look bigger to anyone else?

It might have been my TV but he looks like he has bulked up.

Also looked to have lost a bit of pace. The times he got into space, if that was Titans Roberts, he burns everyone.

Not sure if that ankle problem is back.

Outside of a few teams, I don't think clubs get the 9s.

Take Brisbane for instance and how they used their dummy half. In that format, your dummy half has to be active and look to scoot and get players on the front foot. In Brisbane's case, far too often it was just pick up and pass, preventing them from getting momentum. The few times they did look good was usually through opposition mistakes and Darius Boyd would sum it up with Kahu who continues to cement himself as one of the best finishers in the game.

I don't blame them either. It's a joke of a competition and teams are only there for a pay day but I think it shows how they're all just creatures of habit.
This is what gives me the most hope for this year. Boyd has great awareness and I am hoping as captain he can stamp some authority and get the team moving in the right direction. He sums up the play on the run beautifully. I really think he can be a terrific captain at this stage of the teams development.

Did James look bigger to anyone else?

It might have been my TV but he looks like he has bulked up.

Also looked to have lost a bit of pace. The times he got into space, if that was Titans Roberts, he burns everyone.

Not sure if that ankle problem is back.
Apparently he lost 6kg from the nightclub assault allegations, so no, I don't think he bulked up :p. If anything he probably lost some muscle from his legs thus seeming a little slower. But also, he was chased by Addo-Carr who would be one of the fastest players in the game so...

I'm surprised we were able to win any games. Stupid organisers didn't give them any Friday night slots :p

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • theshed
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • Rookie Alan
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.