Aussie tour of Sri Lanka

I'm with you there Coxy...remember Mike Whitney going off his tits when we played out for a draw against the Kiwis in 85/86? Dim dark days there...

I'm with you there Coxy...remember Mike Whitney going off his tits when we played out for a draw against the Kiwis in 85/86? Dim dark days there...

That's the very match I was thinking about. LOL

Yeah but all the old farts complain when cricketers celebrate a wicket these days.

He wasn't celebrating a wicket - he was celebrating the fact that he managed to block out Richard Hadlee for an over!

I remember listening to the game when McDermott almost got us over the line against the windies.

Some epic moments like warnie and ab hanging on for a draw

I remember listening to the game when McDermott almost got us over the line against the windies.

Some epic moments like warnie and ab hanging on for a draw

That Adelaide test broke my heart.

Especially since he didn't even nick it when he got given out at the end...

Especially since he didn't even nick it when he got given out at the end...

That's why it hurt so much.

And then Australia got completely and utterly butt ****ed at the WACA a few days later. Curtly Ambrose took like 7/1 off 5 overs or something.

Just like kasper wasn't out when him and lee almost got us home against the poms

The Aussies are 2-0 up in the ODI series so far and haven't looked like losing one yet.

Team for first test.

Clarke, Watson, Ponting, Hughes, Copeland, Harris, Lyon, Johnson, Haddin, Khawaja, Hussey.
Beer 12th man

Reckon Beer deserves a go over Lyon but will be interesting how the new guys go.

Team for first test.

Clarke, Watson, Ponting, Hughes, Copeland, Harris, Lyon, Johnson, Haddin, Khawaja, Hussey.
Beer 12th man

Reckon Beer deserves a go over Lyon but will be interesting how the new guys go.

Agreed, shame it looks likely to rain for the most part of the first test. I think ever day it is forecast to rain or storm. :sigh:

Douglas Erwin in the 12 and SOK in for Lyon and I think we've got a reasonable team to work with for now.

Happy for Copes. If he can at least stay very tidy in Sri Lanka (as he has been), then he's every chance of taking a bag of wickets here and in RSA.

Looks a tough wicket but disappointing to still see so many starts and nobody going on with it.

Too many bad shots, hussey was brilliant. Pitch is a 5th day wicket.

If Mitch is on his game he'll clean up when the ball gets old.

Active Now

• upthebroncs
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Galah
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morepudding
  • Dexter
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • jarro65
  • mitch222
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.