4) Shaun Marsh
5) Travis Head
6) Mitchell Marsh
7) Tim Paine (c)
8) Michael Neser
9) Mitchell Starc
10) Nathan Lyon
11) Jon Holland

4 members of Test squad not chosen: Peter Siddle, Ashton Agar, Brendan Doggett & Marnus Labuschagne

Qantas Tour of the UAE -

Sep 29 - Oct 2: Tour match v Pak A, Dubai

Oct 7-11: First Test, Dubai

Oct 16-20: Second Test, Abu Dhabi

Oct 24: First T20, Abu Dhabi

Oct 26: Second T20, Dubai

Oct 28: Third T20, Dubai

That side is just, meh.

Not much to work with when we can't pick Warner or Smith ay. Only change I would make is Maxwell in the middle order instead of Shaun Marsh, but I guess it's not too bad. I'm really hoping Finch & Head aren't shit.

Pakistan A All out 298 -

Lyon 8/103 off 39.1

Australia 4/494 -

Finch 54
Khawaja 36
S.Marsh 94
M.Marsh 162
Head 90*
Labuschagne 39*

Four players on debut would be the first time since 1978 v India.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/aus...-captain-vice-captain-pakistan-uae/2018-10-05

Australia have unveiled their squad for the coming three-match Qantas T20I series against Pakistan, with Aaron Finch appointed captain for the three-match series in the UAE.
Mitch Marsh and Alex Carey have been named joint vice-captains, while Chris Lynn has also been selected for the series starting in Abu Dhabi on October 24.
Squad: Aaron Finch (c), Mitch Marsh (vc), Alex Carey (vc), Ashton Agar, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Chris Lynn, Nathan Lyon, Glenn Maxwell, Ben McDermott, Darcy Short, Billy Stanlake, Mitch Starc, Andrew Tye, Adam Zampa.
Queenslander Lynn has recovered from a shoulder complaint and has been in red-hot form in the ongoing JLT One-Day Cup.
The dynamic batsman, who is best known for his exploits in the T20 arena, has hammered 437 runs from six innings at an average of 87.40.
He has two tons and three half-centuries to his name and his runs have come at a strike rate of 118.10.
Ben McDermott is also in line to make his debut in international colours after securing a spot in the 14-player squad.
McDermott has played 19 T20s in the KFC Big Bash League and boasts a strike rate of 145.78 and a respectable average of 34.60.
The 23-year-old shot to prominence in January last year when he hammered a matchwinning 114 from 52 balls as Hobart Hurricanes defeated Melbourne Renegades.
Coach Justin Langer said the new captain and vice-captains were part of the same selection process used to identify the leaders of the Men's Test team.
“Firstly, I’d like to acknowledge Aaron, Mitch and Alex on being announced as the new captain and vice-captains of the Australian T20 squad,” Langer said.
“They are outstanding young men and extremely talented cricketers. To be endorsed by their peers, and to then back it up with powerful presentations, just showcased their leadership qualities and vision for Australian cricket.
“Aaron has already captained Australia in the recent T20s we played in Zimbabwe, and I’ve been extremely impressed with his impact on the Test squad over here in the UAE. We know he’s an exceptional player, and he’s arguably the most in form T20 player in the world at the moment.
“As we outlined when he was selected as joint Test vice-captain last week, Mitch has experience captaining Australia A and WA, and he’s an extremely popular member of the team. He’s a very talented and humble young man who leads through his actions and shows genuine care for his teammates.
“Alex has great leadership qualities, and again we were really impressed with the way he presented to the interview panel. He already knows the role having held the vice-captaincy in the recent tour of Zimbabwe, and as a wicket keeper he has eyes behind the stumps which we believe is extremely beneficial to the team. He’s an elite professional who also backs up his words through his actions.
“Chris Lynn has responded well from his shoulder injury and was professional during his rehabilitation. He’s had an outstanding campaign in the JLT Cup to date and reminded us how explosive and powerful a cricketer he can be."
Glenn Maxwell has also been included after being overlooked for Test selection, while incumbent Test spinner Nathan Lyon could play his first T20I game since January, 2016.
Experienced paceman Nathan Coulter-Nile could also figure after not playing at international level in the past 12 months as he battled back injuries.
“Nathan Coulter-Nile has done a terrific job to come back from injury. He’s shown tremendous resilience and fight to get back into the form required to be selected in the Australian T20 side. He’s an excellent white ball bowler and provides us with another mature performer in the team," Langer said.
“Adam Zampa’s form with the white ball here in Australia and in the overseas T20 competitions over the past 12 months have been impressive, and he’s proven he can stand up and deliver on the international stage.
“Ben McDermott is another young player who has been rewarded for taking his game to the next level. He’s put in the hard work to improve his strength and fitness, and there’s no doubt it’s been a key factor behind his impressive form in the JLT Cup. He’s performed well in the BBL, and he’s an outstanding young bloke.”
Australia’s last T20I was against England in June, with that team featuring Travis Head, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye, Kane Richardson and Mitch Swepson, who were not selected.
The first match of the series will be played in Abu Dhabi on October 24 before back-to-back matches in Dubai on October 26 and 28.

1. Finch (c)
2. Short
3. McDermott
4. Lynn
5. Maxwell
6. M.Marsh
7. Carey
8. Starc
9. Tye
10. Zampa / Lyon / Agar
11. Stanlake / Coulter-Nile

Strong line-up, I like it a lot.

1. Finch (c)
2. Short
3. McDermott
4. Lynn
5. Maxwell
6. M.Marsh
7. Carey
8. Starc
9. Tye
10. Zampa / Lyon / Agar
11. Stanlake / Coulter-Nile

Strong line-up, I like it a lot.
Definitely need Stanlake and Agar playing. I would have them over Coulter-Nile, Zampa and Lyon

Renshaw out of the first test, Langer says "he hasn't played enough cricket recently"

Labuchagne to debut with Head & Finch.

Australia XI for first Test:

Aaron Finch
Usman Khawaja
Shaun Marsh
Mitch Marsh
Travis Head
Marnus Labuschagne
Tim Paine (c)
Mitchell Starc
Peter Siddle
Nathan Lyon
Jon Holland

Last edited:
That batting line up is horrid and not much in the tail to help bail them out either. Yuck!

What would par be for Pakistan here batting first on this track? 1,000?

Possibly the most batsman friendly pitch I've ever seen, there'd be more grass on the parking lot out the back.

Handscomb last 4 digs in the JTL Cup - 89, 57, 64, 80

Probably in line for a call-up back to the Test team if he keeps scoring runs

Pakistan 2/231 after 82 overs. Great pitch by the sounds of it :facepalm:

Can our bowlers do anything or are they just not trying to do anything?

Labuschange a wicket!

A test catch now a wicket only a run to go!

Should've had 2, he's bowling pretty well for a part timer.

Really good knock so far from Finch, looks far more assured at the crease than Usman. I hope he's not going to be typecasted as a test opener, because his FC output has been far better at 5 and I reckon he can do a job there for us at home and in England.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Volvo Driver
  • Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Brotherdu
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fatboy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Organix
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mieko
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • westy316
... and 52 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.