Australia tour of UAE (v Pakistan)

Duck on debut for Head & Labuschagne.

What is wrong with us.. no matter who we pick we just collapse in the middle order.

Duck on debut for Head & Labuschagne.

What is wrong with us.. no matter who we pick we just collapse in the middle order.
Nothing new here. Aussie domestic cricket is hardly flushed with talent. The Aussies aren't a very good side with Warner and Smith in the lineup, without them they are horrible.

After that opening stand we lost what 10 for 60?

Sporting declaration from Pakistan, we need 462 to win and will have about 130 overs to do so. Won't be easy, but at least they've made it interesting.

Sporting declaration from Pakistan, we need 462 to win and will have about 130 overs to do so. Won't be easy, but at least they've made it interesting.

It’s 50 more than the biggest chase ever. Not too sure about sporting!

It’s 50 more than the biggest chase ever. Not too sure about sporting!

Ya know what I mean, at least it's mathematically feasible if we bat flawlessly, a non-sporting declaration would've been 15 minutes before stumps tonight leaving us an impossible chase and to bat for survival on Day 5.

Good start anyway, 0-72 with 4 sessions remaining, let's make history!

Last edited:
Surely S.Marsh is nearly out of opportunities. Bring Renshaw back in next game, move Usman back to 3 and call it a day.

Ya know what I mean, at least it's mathematically feasible if we bat flawlessly, a non-sporting declaration would've been 15 minutes before stumps tonight leaving us an impossible chase and to bat for survival on Day 5.

Are you seriously talking up a possible victory? With arguably the worst Aussie side in their proud Test history? You put the optimism into optimistic.

Nrl minnit 3 for **** all

Are you seriously talking up a possible victory? With arguably the worst Aussie side in their proud Test history? You put the optimism into optimistic.

Certainly not anymore, if we were 0-160 at stumps I would've given us a hope, but the Marsh brothers are dog shit.

Seriously, how does SMarsh keep getting chances? The guy is rubbish and at least give a youngster like Handscomb an extended run again or even Renshaw.

I really think the selectors forgot they had to pick a side and just went with whatever names they could remember from the A tour.

The side should have been:

1. Burns
2. Renshaw
3. Khawaja
4. Head
5. Finch
6. Maxwell
7. Paine (c)
8. Agar
9. Starc
10. J.Richardson
11. Lyon

At worst it at least offers batting to 10.

Seriously, how does SMarsh keep getting chances? The guy is rubbish and at least give a youngster like Handscomb an extended run again or even Renshaw.

I really think the selectors forgot they had to pick a side and just went with whatever names they could remember from the A tour.

The side should have been:

1. Burns
2. Renshaw
3. Khawaja
4. Head
5. Finch
6. Maxwell
7. Paine (c)
8. Agar
9. Starc
10. J.Richardson
11. Lyon

At worst it at least offers batting to 10.

Holland got five in the last innings before the Test and has bowled well this Test. Agar doesn't deserve a spot.

Last edited:
I think we can start discussing what the side should be for the summer test series against India starting December 6th, obviously a lot will depend on shield form, but based on what we know right now, this would be my personal XI -

1. Renshaw
2. Finch / Burns / Weatherald *
3. Khawaja
4. Head / Handscomb / Patterson / Lehmann *
5. Maxwell
6. M.Marsh
7. Paine (c)
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

* - Whoever has more runs in shield

Well... we've made it to lunch without losing a wicket, this game is salvageable. A draw would be a nice result considering how shit we've been.

Well... we've made it to lunch without losing a wicket, this game is salvageable. A draw would be a nice result considering how shit we've been.

Love the optimism but this side is very good at capitulating quickly, especially once one of these two get out.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.