Australia v England 'Gabba Test

Don't know about everyone but will always be an element of he got 200 pick him, he got five drop him.

See Maxwell this week.
Yeah I didn't literally mean everyone, nor did I mean people on this thread. I agree, I think the Aussies need to just pick a team and stick with them for a good year or two, unless there is someone being completely useless and not preforming from time to time.

..and a fkn disgrace no one propped up the other end for him.

Australia’s final three wickets contributed 119 runs in the first innings, with Pat Cummins scoring 42.

England’s final three wickets contributed 62 runs across the whole match and in the second innings 10 runs.

Yeah I didn't literally mean everyone, nor did I mean people on this thread. I agree, I think the Aussies need to just pick a team and stick with them for a good year or two, unless there is someone being completely useless and not preforming from time to time.

So basically Renshaw and Wade? Those two droppings would have been perfectly acceptable if it wasn't followed up by dropping 86 for Marsh, an extremely bad decision made to look even worse by Maxwell getting a huge double ton.

Except that period 2010-2013. Av 33.

Yes I was clearly talking about form from 5 or 6 years ago. Why didn’t you pull stats from his high school to disprove my point. Honestly, why do you even bother?

Yes I was clearly talking about form from 5 or 6 years ago. Why didn’t you pull stats from his high school to disprove my point. Honestly, why do you even bother?

High school and Test cricket aren't really the same thing.

It was more supposed to be funny Mr alpha male.

Last edited:
So basically Renshaw and Wade? Those two droppings would have been perfectly acceptable if it wasn't followed up by dropping 86 for Marsh, an extremely bad decision made to look even worse by Maxwell getting a huge double ton.
I'm saying they should stick with the team we have at the moment for a year or two

I'm saying they should stick with the team we have at the moment for a year or two
I am sure that is the plan but if someone is struggling, you don't keep him around. A good team keeps relatively the same squad. Australia have struggled for 5+ years and most of their batsman are terrible in conditions that aren't gun barrel straight. A good win here in Brisbane but they have many challenges ahead of them.

I am sure that is the plan but if someone is struggling, you don't keep him around. A good team keeps relatively the same squad. Australia have struggled for 5+ years and most of their batsman are terrible in conditions that aren't gun barrel straight. A good win here in Brisbane but they have many challenges ahead of them.
Yeah I agree 100% if a batsmen is being useless for 3-4 test give someone else a crack but the pros of keeping the same team for a few years is that all the batsmen get experience on all sorts of pitches. At the moment Australia have a team that plays in India a different team that plays in England and a different one again for Australia. Would be good to see a team that's played all over the world for a few years straight

Good start to the Ashes - it was there for England to win and they didn't, which is awesome. Need to sort out our middle order though.

how many could we've chased on that wicket, 350-400?

Different mindset from both teams if it was a defendable total

True, but England knew they blew it with their second innings. They were deflated and their bowling attack wasn't offering much.

how many could we've chased on that wicket, 350-400?

Seems bold.

It's only happened five times a team has got 400 plus in a fourth innings in Australia with only one win when South Africa chased our 414 in 2008. Australia's highest ever in Australia is 381.

Australia have done 400 plus three times in England.

True, but England knew they blew it with their second innings. They were deflated and their bowling attack wasn't offering much.

They were bowling better yesterday than day one. First 15 overs Thursday Australia played 8 false strokes and lost two wickets in the first 15 overs. Second innings first 15 overs 12 false shots and lost 0.

They were bowling better yesterday than day one. First 15 overs Thursday Australia played 8 false strokes and lost two wickets in the first 15 overs. Second innings first 15 overs 12 false shots and lost 0.

That's natural after a feeling out period. It's hard to come out and bowl with purpose after a shit batting session that decides the game - they came out to bowl essentially knowing they couldn't/wouldn't win, save for a monumental collapse from Aus. The pitch did not peform as expected for most of the game.

*Of course Aus were batting better, knowing the game was there to win.

Last edited:

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Lozza
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • cento
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • PETERN
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.