CRICKET Australia v India

Should we win, this is the result we needed, winning the series would have been great but we're a much better chance beating them in England than they are of beating us in England

25 to go and the commentator just nailed it, why the heck was Trav omitted from the first test. It made no sense then and makes even less now.

Pretty obvious the way the pitch looked to lefties played a role, he also has/had an ordinary record

Pretty obvious the way the pitch looked to lefties played a role, he also has/had an ordinary record

So drop him for Renshaw? If it was Handscomb maybe you could sort of see it but effectively, he was dropped for Renshaw, another leftie who had been in the wilderness a long time and Trav had come into the series killing it the last 12 or so months.

Should we win, this is the result we needed, winning the series would have been great but we're a much better chance beating them in England than they are of beating us in England
We will thump them in England
The fast bowlers cant wait to get over there and show them whats what

You guys forget how good Shami, Bumrah and Siraj/Yadav are. India also know how to bat against pace, they aren't useless in those conditions.

Don't wanna move Head from 5 where he's killing it, but going to England 'm sure we get more runs from Head opening and Handscomb in the team than Warner.

Yeah and given Warner and Khawaja's ages, I think Head has to be converted into an opener moving forward. It solves one of the two big headaches moving forward. Pucs would be the other but you just can't bank on it.

Don't wanna move Head from 5 where he's killing it, but going to England 'm sure we get more runs from Head opening and Handscomb in the team than Warner.

Got to be careful with Handscomb though, he's very much the kind of player suited to Indian conditions

Got to be careful with Handscomb though, he's very much the kind of player suited to Indian conditions
That's true. I couldn't stand the first iteration of him but he has improved his technique somewhat and scored a truck load of runs for Victoria. It's a low bar but I reckon he'd score more than Warner.

Post-Ashes will be a real time of change for Australia I reckon. Suddenly the spin stocks look pretty good with Murphy, Kuhnemann, Sangha and Rocciocoli? coming through. There is also Manenti as a genuine spin all rounder. So life post-Lyon doesn't look too scary. I wonder if Johnson might bolt in to replace Starc when he calls it a day but the issue there is the lack of batting with Johnson and that has been a massive benefit to Australia over the years from Starc. Hopefully Richardson finally gets over his injuries because his batting really negates that problem.

Post-Ashes and assuming Warner, Khawaja, Lyon and Starc call it a day maybe Smith too, I would genuinely be looking at something like:

1. Head
2. Renshaw/Pucovski
3. Labushagne
4. Smith/Handscomb
5. Green
6. Hardie
7. Carey
8. Richardson
9. Cummins
10. Hazlewood/Johnson
11. Murphy/Kuhnemann

Nice win that... who would've thought it would be the Indians unable to play an overcooked deck.

Pitch will be rated poor by the BCCI and the venue will never be used again.

Yeah and given Warner and Khawaja's ages, I think Head has to be converted into an opener moving forward. It solves one of the two big headaches moving forward. Pucs would be the other but you just can't bank on it.
Yeah good point, the more time a new opener gets alongside Khawaja the better.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.