CRICKET Australia v India

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Named this week. I suspect this will be it.

David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green*, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc*, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Matthew Renshaw, Peter Handscomb, Mitchell Swepson, Todd Murphy, Lance Morris
*(injury.)

2017 which lost 2-1.

Smith, Warner, Agar, Bird, Cummins, Handscomb, Hazlewood, Khawaja, Lyon, Marsh, Marsh, Maxwell, O'Keefe, Renshaw, Starc, Stonis, Swepson, Wade.

We haven't had too much turnover in four years so they should be able to build on that experience.

Handscomb is my reserve keeper- not super confident in his keeping but his batting has been great this season.

Named this week. I suspect this will be it.

David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green*, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc*, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Matthew Renshaw, Peter Handscomb, Mitchell Swepson, Todd Murphy, Lance Morris
*(injury.)

I`d take Matt Kuhnemann not Agar .
Agar is not a front line batter or bowler . Couldn`t perform when the money shot was needed .

I`d take Matt Kuhnemann not Agar .
Agar is not a front line batter or bowler . Couldn`t perform when the money shot was needed .

He can't perform either when needed, can't make the Bulls team.

Head should be the second spinner, he's better than Agar. If we are going left field for a spinner, let's go full left field and pick Manenti. At least he can bat.

I feel this series might be similar to the previous one - Australia will land some punches, especially in the early Tests, but India will be a bit too good in their local conditions across the four Tests..

Actually think our quick bowlers will be the biggest difference makers..

It's not all sunshine and butterflies for the Indians either

Rishabh Pant won't be there and in recent times they've copped a few defeats to teams you wouldn't expect them to lose to

Warner
Usman
Marnus
Smith
Head
Green
Maxwell
Carey
Cummins
Lyon
Swepson

I'd like to see an XI similar to this, obviously pending fitness of Green/Maxwell. With Green fit, we only need Cummins. Huge series for Head, it will be a real shame if he averages sub 25.

It's not all sunshine and butterflies for the Indians either

Rishabh Pant won't be there and in recent times they've copped a few defeats to teams you wouldn't expect them to lose to

Bumrah racing the clock too and unlikely to be back.

Warner
Usman
Marnus
Smith
Head
Green
Maxwell
Carey
Cummins
Lyon
Swepson

I'd like to see an XI similar to this, obviously pending fitness of Green/Maxwell. With Green fit, we only need Cummins. Huge series for Head, it will be a real shame if he averages sub 25.

Maxwell surely can't come back. The team's picked tomorrow and he can't run or walk and is still in a moonboot and crutches.

Be nice if we had O'Keefe now.

Would like to see Renshaw stay the side again at least until he has an opportunity to prove he's ready or not. Green obviously has that spot when fit.

I would drop Agar for literally anyone that can turn the ball. Couldn't care less if they can bat or not. Until such time as we know who that is, just have Head, Marnus or Smith bowl more often.

The question is, do you play spinners if your second spinner isn’t good enough or too similar to your first?

No team in the world has as many world class spinners as India, so why give a spot to an Agar or Swepson if they aren’t good enough? Basically Head is likely Australia’s second best spinner and that isn’t saying he’s great but it is saying all the second spin options are poor or in Murphy’s case, too raw and similar to Lyon and for Sangha, too injured.

So given Australia has a world class spinner in Lyon and a pretty good support cast in Head, Smith and Labs, why waste a spot on a bloke who isn’t going to do anything?

Either pick another batsman who can spin a bit or a third paceman and play to your strengths. Shame Richardson is injured.

The question is, do you play spinners if your second spinner isn’t good enough or too similar to your first?

No team in the world has as many world class spinners as India, so why give a spot to an Agar or Swepson if they aren’t good enough? Basically Head is likely Australia’s second best spinner and that isn’t saying he’s great but it is saying all the second spin options are poor or in Murphy’s case, too raw and similar to Lyon and for Sangha, too injured.

So given Australia has a world class spinner in Lyon and a pretty good support cast in Head, Smith and Labs, why waste a spot on a bloke who isn’t going to do anything?

Either pick another batsman who can spin a bit or a third paceman and play to your strengths. Shame Richardson is injured.
100%.

Warner, Khawaja, Labuschagne, Smith, Renshaw, Carey, Cummins, Starc, ?, Hazlewood, Lyon.

Who that last spot is and where they are in the order should just depend on the pitch. Handscomb if it's a dustbowl or green wicket, Boland if it's a road.

Morris and Murphy are there for worst case scenario.

Maxwell surely can't come back. The team's picked tomorrow and he can't run or walk and is still in a moonboot and crutches.
Yeah I really wasn't sure about his fitness. It's a shame, he would have been very useful.

I'm definitely stacking the batting, and only picking Cummins if Green is fit. With the talk of Bumrah being out, the pitches just got 15% dustier

Australia Test squad for tour of India:

Pat Cummins (c), Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Lance Morris, Todd Murphy, Matthew Renshaw, Steve Smith (vc), Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner

Nothing unexpected there really, though what does this mean for Harris? Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad he’s fallen down the pecking order, he’s pretty much useless but still, he’s now behind Renshaw and Handscomb suddenly.

I'm definitely stacking the batting, and only picking Cummins if Green is fit. With the talk of Bumrah being out, the pitches just got 15% dustier

Fair enough but Cummins has proven himself in India hasn’t he? Also he’s captain, so he’s playing.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.