Australia V Pakistan tests in Dubai

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Johnson and Siddle have started well.
Siddle looks to have added a couple of yards of pace somehow.

Siddle looks to have added a couple of yards of pace somehow.

yeah, he's swapped running for strength training and added some KGs to his frame. That's why the pace is up.

He's had a break too, he was dropped in SA but was physically spent- 3427 balls sent down from start of 2013 to SA tour.

More than any other world bowler.

Is he still a vegetarian ?

he's added a few KGs during the off season apparently ... still entirely possible to do that without meat.

fucking hard work for the bowlers, pitch is a feather bed ... Dubai is a furnace

O'Keefe is fruit ... just a round-arm 'roller'

Last edited:

Had seen virtually nothing of him until now but I agree completely. A steak in Siddle's house is probably in more danger than a batsman facing O'Keefe.

Johnson!!!!!! Just got another wicket and is now 3-22 and threatening with each delivery. Congrats to Younis Kahn on his 25th test century and he is now one of the few players to score a century against all test nations.

I think I watched roughly an hour & a half of play and saw one boundary. Slow going.

Bit harsh, he's bowling first morning of his first Test. Towards the end of the day he was going well. Lyon and O'Keefe will play a part as the game goes on- already footmarks there and they will get last use of them.

66% dot balls means they didn't get him away but I agree he didn't pose a threat.

He was outstanding last year and caused plenty of problems for batsmen. He was very economical yesterday and I am predicting his left armness to cause problems for them.

He strikes me as being more of a one day bowler with his accuracy. Doesn't spin the ball very much though and doesn't really look to have much variation in flight like a Vettori. If he were younger I'd say maybe he'd come on but at his age probably not. Even these two wickets he's got are from loose shots you see more in ODIs.

Impressed with Marsh though. Looks to move the ball well. Hopefully he can stay fit for a period of a time.

Zulfiqar batting @ 9 v Johnson Omg. It looks like at train wreck crashing into another train wreck
He is visibly shaking.

Last edited:
Bit harsh, he's bowling first morning of his first Test. Towards the end of the day he was going well. Lyon and O'Keefe will play a part as the game goes on- already footmarks there and they will get last use of them.

66% dot balls means they didn't get him away but I agree he didn't pose a threat.

He was outstanding last year and caused plenty of problems for batsmen. He was very economical yesterday and I am predicting his left armness to cause problems for them.

spin bowling wasn't my forte but I'm certain he doesn't get high enough in his action and bowl 'over the top' like the vast majority of good finger spinners do.

Warner continuing his great form whilst he and Rodgers have got us of to a great start.

Our batting is back to its atrocious best ... guys lacking the technique and temperament to play long innings are getting found out against an attack that would be right up there with the likes of Bangladesh ...

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • PETERN
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Brotherdu
  • Spike
  • Poisoy
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • heartly87
  • LittleDavey
  • Allo
  • thenry
  • porouian
  • pennywisealfie
... and 45 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.