Australia V Pakistan tests in Dubai

This is as bad as the debacle in India

^ even worse perhaps, given the calibre of opposition was a lot higher in India imo...

some nice stuff from Starc in the second innings ..

Pakistan doing us a real favour by not having declared yet.

Given their score I think we could easily draw it if good enough. Which we aren't. But you can bet South Africa would.

Misbah Ul-Haq just hit the equal fastest test century of all time. Really terrible stuff from Australia.

Pakistan doing us a real favour by not having declared yet.

Given their score I think we could easily draw it if good enough. Which we aren't. But you can bet South Africa would.

this.... Faf and AB would be immovable objects and this time tomorrow SA would walk off at 4 for 210 from 130 overs

now watch as we score at 4 an over and half our guys get themselves out caught on the boundary

South Africa will fight harder for a draw than they will a win. Strange IMO. We could use some AB or FAF types this test that is for sure.

In terms of temperament for these conditions, one player who I think would show a lot of poise in this situation is Usman Khawaja. Far more important on days like this than how quickly he runs between wickets.

In terms of temperament for these conditions, one player who I think would show a lot of poise in this situation is Usman Khawaja. Far more important on days like this than how quickly he runs between wickets.
Khawaja isn't that great against spin though. It's not how fast he runs between wickets that's his problem either. I like Khawaja. I think he is worth another crack in the future.

Wonder if that is Chris Rogers' last innings for us? I think he's been good but the stats don't really back this up to the level I thought it did.

Watson is best as an opener IMO, particularly if we have Marsh at six too.

Wonder if that is Chris Rogers' last innings for us? I think he's been good but the stats don't really back this up to the level I thought it did.

Watson is best as an opener IMO, particularly if we have Marsh at six too.

yeah he's done a job for Australia ... may not have scored at a great clip himself but he and warner have been pretty successful as an opening pair ... reckon their average for the first wicket over the last 12 or so months would be pretty handy...

with the ashes and the south africa series out of the way though it's probably a good time to get someone in there who has more tomorrows than yesterdays ...

speaking of yesterdays, glen maxwell better not be seen anywhere near a test arena anytime soon, as least as a player in a green cap ... He doesn't even look interested in trying to be a test batsman. Reverse sweeping on his eighth ball ect ... would clearly rather be whoring himself in the IPL ... I can only imagine what Alan Border would say to clown like him

Last edited:
Really hope Marsh and Smith can dig in for a long time today and do their own confidence a real boost.. The game and series might be gone but these two can ensure we take a little something home .. Particularly for Marsh, would be terrific to see him materialise into the player he's been touted as..

And how fucken predictable was that - knew my post would jinx it :violin::violin:

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mustafur
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • mitch222
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.