Australia v South Africa

Disgusting tour, disgusting behaviour, shockingly disgusting cheating and disgusting capitulation at the end. Get the players were down but just to give in like that. Where is the pride? Can we audition at a local club cricket for Australian batting spots so we at least have some guys who look like they want to play for Australia.

If any sense of honour the lot (barring the guys flown in after the cheating who can’t be blamed with no preparation) would hand over all tour and match pay to a charity like the kids hospital foundation.

New test side
1. Renshaw
2. Burns (not keen but earned another chance)
3. Khawaja (but is ordinary when needed too often like another option)
4. Handscomb (not thrilled on this one either)
5. Maxwell (unfortunately S Marsh will be there instead but guy is almost 35 and is still not averaging 40 in last 12 months or so)
6. M. Marsh (fair chance will disappoint but is seen as future for better or worse)
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyons
11. JH

Going to be very lean on the batting side. No proven consistent performers, a lot of fresh meat. Need to find some genuine talent if there is any.

Doubt Burns, Handscomb, M Marsh will be up to it. Happy to be wrong but first two don’t have seem to have techniques for long term success and M Marsh needs a couple years of shield do,inaction to earn a spot. Barely bowled as well as an all rounder!

Khawja is too mercurial. If he could put it together has all the skills but no signs of enough as a number 3 and easy fodder for spinners.

Best case scenario however is Australia learn how to score runs without sMith and Warner propping up the team.

Lost 7 for what 30?

FMD I followed the Kiwis batting for a draw and held higher hopes ffs I thought we’d get a bit further into the day

Fantastic video about issues with test cricket this:

If Warney wasn't such an idiot outside of cricket, he would have been a fantastic captain and would make a great coach, his insight on cricket is immense, could listen to his cricket ideas all day.

And Michael Holding, get out of my head!

Last edited:
We are seriously fucked without Smith and Warner. They were our two best batsmen hands down and by a considerable margin. Our fragile batting lineup at best is now possibly the worst in test cricket. A number of players dont deserve their spots in the team now but will be spared the axe because of what has happened. Marshs x2, Khawaja (ive had enough of him, i was willing to give him a chance but he hasnt improved, stamp the file never to play again), and I fear Paine will be only selected now because we need a captain which is a pathetic approach. I laughed the other day when Clarke said he was considering coming out of retirement but I am seriously warming to the idea now because our other options just have no class. Burns and Renshaw failed miserably both innings and have already had chances, Handscomb i have no idea what is going on with him now and there isnt much talent banging the door down at home either.
This next 6 months is going to be the most crucial time in Australian cricket team ever because we are basically rebuilding an entire batting lineup with no star to build around. They need class in that lineup to begin with even if they are on the younger side. Jake Lehmann has the pedigree and should get a slot in the team but we desperately need to uncover a batting superstar in the next 6 months if they really want to move on from Smith & Warner.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.