Australia v Sri Lanka

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Sri Lanka won’t make 400. I think they should declare around four hundred, try and get an early wicket tonight and finish them tomorrow. Two emphatic wins will do this team a lot of good. Also looks like a chance of rain during the test.

Sri Lanka won’t make 400. I think they should declare around four hundred, try and get an early wicket tonight and finish them tomorrow. Two emphatic wins will do this team a lot of good. Also looks like a chance of rain during the test.
But then there'll be no cricket on the telly on Sunday.

Never declare in the first innings unless it's a complete road, bat as long as you can. Ideally for as long as tomorrow as you can and have a bowl at them in the afternoon session.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Never declare in the first innings unless it's a complete road, bat as long as you can. Ideally for as long as tomorrow as you can and have a bowl at them in the afternoon session.
Hasn’t it been described as a complete road though? Your suggestion is the sensible and conservative option, I’d just like to see Australia be bold. Cummins is in top form.

Hasn’t it been described as a complete road though? Your suggestion is the sensible and conservative option, I’d just like to see Australia be bold. Cummins is in top form.
Was certainly swinging at right angles early this morning, I'd be a bit wary to make a day 1 declaration given how poor the batting has been so far this Summer, just as likely to be knocked over for 120 in the 2nd innings imo. Make hay while the sun shines.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Was certainly swinging at right angles early this morning, I'd be a bit wary to make a day 1 declaration given how poor the batting has been so far this Summer, just as likely to be knocked over for 120 in the 2nd innings imo. Make hay while the sun shines.
Well day one is out, but I want them bowling before lunch tomorrow. There is a chance for another dominant win here. Certainly at 500 or so I’d be declaring.

Alec

International Rep
I wouldn't mind Australia declaring (if/when Burns gets his 200) so they could give the rest of the top order a slight chance at redemption.

Last edited:

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Bat deep into tomorrow
Really put a big score on to give the team a bit of confidence that we can still make big scores

Well the Ashes side is taking shape:

1. Warner
2. Burns
4. Smith
5. Head
7. Paine
8. Cummins
11. Lyon

The 9 and 10 likely to be a mix of Hazlewood, Starc and Richardson, so the 3 and 6 are the real question marks.

State of Origin Rep
Australia should bat to only bat once, 6/900 dec type thinking.

They'll be so tied and demoralised that you'll get all 20 wickets in a day.

State of Origin Rep
Burns was so still, no shuffling around and too far. Love it when he plays straight and so patient they bowled to him and he just waited.