Australia vs India Discussion

Would like to re-iterate that Handscomb should be in the test squad over Labuschagne.

Since when hasn’t an Australian ODI been televised on free to air ?

Since James Sutherland broke the antisiphoning laws, along with breaking Australia cricket generally, and no one gave enough shits to test him out legally.

Since James Sutherland broke the antisiphoning laws, along with breaking Australia cricket generally, and no one gave enough shits to test him out legally.

It’s a bloody disgrace!

Richardson should be in the test squad but this isn't on free to air, so not many people would be seeing his bowling with swinging both ways, rapid, skidding and causing all sorts of issues.

On a side note, Steve Smith has an elbow injury that likely puts him out of the world cup and at least part of the Ashes. Good thing stalwarts like Head and Labooboo with such brilliant FC records to call on.

The law doesn't mean it has to be on FTA. Just means FTA can have first crack at events on the list. Seven bought it and it is then up to them what they do with it and they're allowed to on-sell it and work with FOX.

It's no different to the NRL deal- some games are just on FOX.

On a side note, Steve Smith has an elbow injury that likely puts him out of the world cup and at least part of the Ashes. Good thing stalwarts like Head and Labooboo with such brilliant FC records to call on.

3-4 month recovery according to NRL physio, S.Marsh had the same injury in 2014 and returned in 3 months. He should be fine for the World Cup, let alone the Ashes.

Last edited:
The law doesn't mean it has to be on FTA. Just means FTA can have first crack at events on the list. Seven bought it and it is then up to them what they do with it and they're allowed to on-sell it and work with FOX.

It's no different to the NRL deal- some games are just on FOX.

I thought the law was games involving the national team had to be broadcast on free-to-air. Never knew that FTA just have first crack at them.

Hard to blame Channel 7 for not showing it. Cricket is so on the nose at the moment and the fifty over game has struggled for interest and relevance for a few years.

Re-runs of World's Weirdest Pets hosted by Craig Wing would probably get higher ratings.

I thought the law was games involving the national team had to be broadcast on free-to-air. Never knew that FTA just have first crack at them.

Hard to blame Channel 7 for not showing it. Cricket is so on the nose at the moment and the fifty over game has struggled for interest and relevance for a few years.

Re-runs of World's Weirdest Pets hosted by Craig Wing would probably get higher ratings.

I think most people would think that, but you can't make someone buy something.

"The anti-siphoning list gives the free-to-air broadcasters the first right to negotiate," Senator Fifield said on 2GB radio.
"It does not mandate that free-to-air broadcasters have to purchase events. It does not mandate that if they do purchase, that they have to show them. And it does not mandate that if they do purchase events that they can't then on-sell them to other platforms.
"The list ... is there to increase the likelihood some of these significant events are on free TV.
"But it's not possible for any government to mandate that free-to-air broadcasters have to purchase certain events.

"What it does is give them the first opportunity and makes it more likely that these events will be on free-to-air TV."

For the League the list says:

5 Rugby league football
(1) Each match in the National Rugby League Premiership competition (including the Finals Series).
(2) Each match in the National Rugby League State of Origin Series.
(3) Each international rugby league test match that:
(a) involves the senior Australian representative team; and
(b) is played in Australia or New Zealand.
(4) Each match of the Rugby League World Cup that:
(a) involves the senior Australian representative team; and
(b) is played in Australia, New Zealand or Papua New Guinea.

Nine could show all that but they don't.

You've gotta admire the genius of Fox though, I was strongly considering getting rid of it because I never used it once apart from watching the NRL and NRL related shows, but now that they've added all of these exclusive cricket matches during the Summer, you pretty much are forced to have Foxtel year round if you like both sports as much as I do.

What about Kayo? $25 a month...I don't know anyone who has it though.

They won’t put ODI on free to air but they consistently have horse racing. Let’s hope 7 doesn’t get the rights to the NRL

Kayo is pretty great so far, and pairs with Apple TV etc so I was able to have the ODI on the big screen

Does Kayo have any of the sports shows (like Matty Johns Show etc.) or just the games?

Does Kayo have any of the sports shows (like Matty Johns Show etc.) or just the games?

Doesn't look like it, based on this. I'm assuming this is everything, including non-matches, since they have listed the Allan Border medal too.
https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/article/What-content-is-available-as-part-of-your-Kayo-subscription

Still looks fucking great for $25 if you are a sports fan. It's only in HD, which might put off the people with the fancy 4K TVs though.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.