Australia vs India - ODI's

Ashton Turner sucks.

Thankfully this is the last game of the series, so hopefully CA realises by our next ODI's that Maxwell is the best short form finisher in the world.

Why are agar and turner in the squad? Pick maxwell and head for **** sakes

Ashton Turner sucks.

Thankfully this is the last game of the series, so hopefully CA realises by our next ODI's that Maxwell is the best short form finisher in the world.
He’s a pea heart to rival Boyd.
[automerge]1579434088[/automerge]
Why are agar and turner in the squad? Pick maxwell and head for **** sakes
Finch doesn’t like Maxwell so it seems.

Maxwell should be there.

Last edited:
This should be the side moving forward:

1. Finch
2. Warner
3. Smith
4. Laboosh
5. Maxwell
6. Carey
7. M.Marsh
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Hazlewood/J.Richardson
11. Pope (there is no gun spinner and he will be)

12. Stoinis (Spare opener)
13. Head (spare middle order bat)
14. J.Richardson/Hazlewood (spare pacer)
15. Zampa (spare spinner)

This should be the side moving forward:

1. Finch
2. Warner
3. Smith
4. Laboosh
5. Maxwell
6. Carey
7. M.Marsh
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Hazlewood/J.Richardson
11. Pope (there is no gun spinner and he will be)

12. Stoinis (Spare opener)
13. Head (spare middle order bat)
14. J.Richardson/Hazlewood (spare pacer)
15. Zampa (spare spinner)

Pope can't even keep Lyon / SOK out of the Sixers side, not sure he'll be close to the Aus side in any form in the near future.

I like the rest of it though, Mitch Marsh has grown a lot as a player in the last 2 years, would probably bat him at 6, Carey at 7.

Continued non-selection of Maxwell is really going to keep hurting us. With Smith and Labuschagne at 3 and 4, we really need someone who can accelerate at 5/6 and Maxwell is just about the best available at that job.

Just 1 game too many for Starc and Cummins, they didn't have much left.

The top 4 (Warner, Finch, Smith, Labs) looks great, Carey is locked in, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood/Richardson and Zampa is the attack, so there's two spots to fill. I'd go Maxwell and Marsh like @Sproj 's side. My T20 World Cup side would probably be the same.

The top 4 (Warner, Finch, Smith, Labs) looks great, Carey is locked in, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood/Richardson and Zampa is the attack, so there's two spots to fill. I'd go Maxwell and Marsh like @Sproj 's side. My T20 World Cup side would probably be the same.
That's the thing about Maxwell, he's so dangerous and you can bat him just about anywhere depending on the job you want him to do. I don't know if I'd put him in the Andrew Symonds field in terms of quality, but he can certainly offer the same sort of versatility and skillset both with bat and ball. Just far too dangerous a cricketer for us to be continuing to not select.

I was quite impressed with Agar's bowling last night actually, I wonder if he could replace Zampa who is there to takes wickets but doesn't take that many.

Update it to look like this:

1. Finch
2. Warner
3. Smith
4. Laboosh
5. MMarsh
6. Carey
7. Maxwell (obviously the floater in this line up)
8. Agar
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazlewood

12. J. Richardson (NOT K.Richardson) swapping in and out when one of the three first choice are rested

This way, they really bat to 9 or 10 AND you get ten overs out of Maxwell / MMarsh / Laboosh. Saves having to always rely on your five front line bowlers having a good day, which Cummins and Starc didn't yesterday.

One final thing, it was an absolutely stupid decision to bat first. India grow another leg chasing and Kohli NEVER bats poorly chasing, he is a freak that becomes even more freakish when chasing. The Indian bowlers also have far better records bowling first.

That said, Finch's captaincy in the field is really good. He tried to buy a few overs of spin to replace his spluttering front line quicks but it didn't work unfortunately, both he and Laboosh got carted but it was a really good idea.

Zampa isn't really there to take wickets, he's there to dry up the economy and frustrate the batsmen in to playing poor shots. And he does it well, I wouldn't be taking him out of the side.

1/53, 3/50, 1/44 are his figures from these 3 games, those are absolutely fine considering how high scoring the pitches were and how good India are against spin.

Zampa isn't really there to take wickets, he's there to dry up the economy and frustrate the batsmen in to playing poor shots. And he does it well, I wouldn't be taking him out of the side.

1/53, 3/50, 1/44 are his figures from these 3 games, those are absolutely fine considering how high scoring the pitches were and how good India are against spin.
He gets a pass for now, but only just. Realistically, he's a fair way off the standard we usually require for our primary ODI spinner, but given the other options, we're probably stuck with him for now.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.