Australia vs New Zealand - ODI Series

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Warner & Khawaja rested (Hopefully to come back to Australia and join Renshaw in practising on spinning wickets)

Australia squad: Steve Smith (c), Pat Cummins, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Billy Stanlake, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade, Adam Zampa

New Zealand squad: Kane Williamson (c), Tom Blundell, Trent Boult, Neil Broom, Colin de Grandhomme, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Colin Munro, Jimmy Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor

Smith ruled out for the NZ tour, replacement to be named this arvo.

I wonder who will be captain in his place.. Head? He's captained his state before, seems pretty level headed and intelligent.

Is it his hammy? He looked in trouble late last night.

Why do we really need to go to New Zealand we just played them here and we need to get the best preparation for India and going there will impact on that.

Why do we really need to go to New Zealand we just played them here and we need to get the best preparation for India and going there will impact on that.

You have to play everyone within a certain time frame.

How will a few one day games impact on India? They leave for two weeks and three warm up games/camp on the 6th anyway. How much longer do you need?

Wade would be a go as captain; proven very successful the last two years as Victorian captain. Or I would suggest recalling Warner from R and R.

Wade captain, Heazlett added to the squad.

Heazlett hasn't even played a one dayer for Queensland, and he's potentially about to debut for Australia! That's crazy.

Interesting selection. I am surprised it wasn't Cartwright. He was in the One Day side 12 months ago without a game, and was opening in the NPS tour scoring 81 off 92 and 65 off 79.

Heazlett's form for NPS trumps everything. The 101 in Townsville was the innings that got him noticed and his name written down. He was going well in Mackay too until he retired hurt. That injury cost him a One Day comp this summer.

I am surprised too that Labuschagne wasn't picked over him. 21 (18), 51 (57), 8 (10), 73 (64), 18 (34), 89 (98) and 11 (18) and winning player of the tournament.

Interesting selection. I am surprised it wasn't Cartwright. He was in the One Day side 12 months ago without a game, and was opening in the NPS tour scoring 81 off 92 and 65 off 79.

Heazlett's form for NPS trumps everything. The 101 in Townsville was the innings that got him noticed and his name written down. He was going well in Mackay too until he retired hurt. That injury cost him a One Day comp this summer.

I am surprised too that Labuschagne wasn't picked over him. 21 (18), 51 (57), 8 (10), 73 (64), 18 (34), 89 (98) and 11 (18) and winning player of the tournament.

To me it is one of those selection like when Agar got picked initially. Heazlett just has something about him. Looks a very cool customer for someone his age. I don't think Marnus is even on the radar TBH.

As a Queensland and Heat fan it's great to see Heazlett get selected. Although I think Joe Burns was awfully unlucky. He was surprisingly very good in the middle order for the heat and he also has the ability to bat up the order. Perhaps his new moustache has weighed against his selection.

Since Hohns and Chappell took over; Stanlake, Renshaw, Heazlett, Lynn, Swepson and Burns have all been playing for Australia.

Since Hohns and Chappell took over; Stanlake, Renshaw, Heazlett, Lynn, Swepson and Burns have all been playing for Australia.

Burns was actually dropped by them (after Hobart), but might get a look in in the International 20/20s

Burns was actually dropped by them (after Hobart), but might get a look in in the International 20/20s

They will all be dropped by them at some stage. But just highlighting having the NPC in Queensland and the National Talent manager as well as the Queensland selector and State Talent Manager on the national panel isn't hurting the Bulls' talent getting noticed.

Wade out with back spasms. Heazlett to debut, Finch captain, Handscomb keeping.

1. Finch (c)
2. Head
3. Marsh
4. Handscomb
5. Maxwell
6. Stoinis
7. Heazlett
8. Faulkner
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazlewood

Last edited:
Stoinis ugh. Sproj is going to punch a wall.

Unread

Active Now

• maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.