Australia vs NZ Test Build-Up. TEAMS ANNOUNCED

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Did anyone else hear the reasoning to why Lyon was selected over Folau?? They are so full of crap. Why they didn't just say because he is leaving the code is beyond me!

Serious? People think Stewart is better than Hindmarsh.

Nashy said:
Serious? People think Stewart is better than Hindmarsh.

Don't you watch Rugby League Nashy!!! [icon_shru

Do you?

Compared to Hindmarsh, Stewart is a fat oaf.

Ohh. Conveying sarcasm doesn't work well on here :-p

Edit: I did a broncospwn and didn't read. [eusa_doh

Glenn Stewart offers a lot more than Hindmarsh.

Lyon has since come out and said he wants to captain NSW.

I recall Tallis said he didn't even want to play an Origin game once, does that make him less of a rep. player?

Big Pete said:
Glenn Stewart offers a lot more than Hindmarsh.

In your opinion.

Other people think differently, you don't need to act condescendingly and claim they don't watch rugby league because they disagree with you.

As opposed to acting gob-smacked that such a decision could be reached?

Stewart is a good player and offers a lot in attack with his ball-play. I don't think he's the second coming or anything like that but comparing him to old man Hindmarsh and calling his inclusion over his a joke is dead set ignorant of Stewart and his ability as a ball-playing backrow.

If anything, Laffranchi has taken Hindmarsh's role over as the workhorse.

Foordy said:
Lyon over Jennings, Tonga or Folau is a joke... i also don't for 1 second believe that Folau was omitted because of form, he was left out because the selectors think that he is leaving the code pure and simple.

Congrats to big Sammy Thaiday, Lockyer and Alex Glenn who all got selected for their respective countries.

Yup I'd rather they just come out and say it. What a JOKE.

They saying he's a marquee player that brings fans to games, his awesome leap ability bla bla bla - and suddenly it is because of form!? Puh-lease... god... what do they take us for? It's insulting.

I won't cry for sympathy for Folau... but we're talking about a 21 year old kid who literally has to turn down about $1 million over 3 years to stay in league... dont sit there and tell me its an easy decision... I think it is childish when RL selectors come out and says we won't pick you for rep teams if you bail...

Professor47 said:
Foordy said:
Lyon over Jennings, Tonga or Folau is a joke... i also don't for 1 second believe that Folau was omitted because of form, he was left out because the selectors think that he is leaving the code pure and simple.

Congrats to big Sammy Thaiday, Lockyer and Alex Glenn who all got selected for their respective countries.

Yup I'd rather they just come out and say it. What a JOKE.

They saying he's a marquee player that brings fans to games, his awesome leap ability bla bla bla - and suddenly it is because of form!? Puh-lease... god... what do they take us for? It's insulting.

I won't cry for sympathy for Folau... but we're talking about a 21 year old kid who literally has to turn down about $1 million over 3 years to stay in league... dont sit there and tell me its an easy decision... I think it is childish when RL selectors come out and says we won't pick you for rep teams if you bail...

Why pick Folau though it seems a waste. I'd rather reward players who will be loyal to the game regardless of the money.

Im the most shocked at myles missing out. Also think tonga and cooper could be a bit pissed. How did Cooper not even make the city country?!

how tough was he today! he was in obvious pain all game yet was the one diving on all the loose balls and putting 100% into every tackle. he is tough as nails

Myles is having a brilliant season. Surely he could be there ahead of someone like Watmough?

I don't think you can drop Watmough, not after 09 and this ANZAC test match has always been a reflection of that year.

Lyon has seriously been the best right hand centre in the game and he wasn't even bad for New South Wales, in fact he was arguably your best.

I can't believe they picked Shillington ahead of Tronc!

Can't believe they picked Josh Perry ahead of, well...anybody!

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Manifesto
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wolfie
  • thenry
  • Tmac
  • winslow_wong
  • broncoscope
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mr Fourex
  • LGH
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.