Usman Khawaja
Chris Lynn
Mitchell Marsh
Glenn Maxwell
Billy Stanlake
Mitchell Starc
Matthew Wade
Adam Zampa

Stanlake is a bit premature though can't really understand why he is there. Hope Lynn gets a crack, he deserves it.

No Finch or Bailey, very interesting. I'd say this is the squad they plan to build around for the next World Cup.

I'd imagine this is the best XI from that:

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Lynn
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Marsh
7. Wade
8. Faulkner
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazlewood

You could probably throw in Maxwell up the order and omit someone but that is a brutally destructive side on its day.

Taking into consideration the form Head has shown over the last month, I'd say Maxwell is more likely to be in our "best" team than Head right now.

Hopefully Head can have a good series though, he's well overdue for runs.

Gee they've rushed Stanlake in with bugger all bowling under his belt. He's a serious talent but I worry about his injuries.

Obviously moving towards the Champions Trophy and beyond.

Stanlake won't play more than one game; he's under work restrictions. Interesting selection. Obviously just based on potential and some BBL form. He's only played four one day games before playing for Australia. Seven wickets at 25 for Queensland but that was October 2015 his last one.

Lynn can't field anywhere but the in-field and can't dive so that's going to be interesting in a one day game. They will have to get him through.

Great two Bulls could debut.

No Finch or Bailey, very interesting. I'd say this is the squad they plan to build around for the next World Cup.

I'd imagine this is the best XI from that:

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Lynn
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Marsh
7. Wade
8. Faulkner
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazlewood

You could probably throw in Maxwell up the order and omit someone but that is a brutally destructive side on its day.

Best bowling attack in years.

Taking into consideration the form Head has shown over the last month, I'd say Maxwell is more likely to be in our "best" team than Head right now.

Hopefully Head can have a good series though, he's well overdue for runs.

Yep you are absolutely right about Head, has been extremely disappointing in the BBL.

Hazlewood ruled out of the first ODI to rest, so I'm guessing this will be the team for Game 1 -

1) Warner
2) Khawaja
3) Lynn
4) Smith (c)
5) Maxwell or Head
6) M.Marsh
7) Wade
8) Faulkner
9) Starc
10) Cummins
11) Zampa

Lynn, Stanlake to debut at Gabba

12 January 2017
06lynn_shot.ashx

Chris Lynn will make his debut on Friday // Getty
Australia to field two debutants in first ODI, Maxwell returns while Khawaja misses out
Queensland duo Chris Lynn and Billy Stanlake will make their one-day international debuts against Pakistan at their home ground of the Gabba tomorrow.
Captain Steve Smith today confirmed Australia's XI for the opening match of the VB ODI series with Lynn and Stanlake to become Australia's 217th and 218th ODI representatives respectively.
Lynn has played five T20s for Australia but will taste international 50-over cricket for the first time while fast bowler Stanlake will debut despite having played just four 50-over matches for his state.
Travis Head will open the batting alongside David Warner in the absence of dumped opener Aaron Finch, with Lynn to bat at number four.
Allrounder Glenn Maxwell also returns for the first time in 13 matches, but legspinner Adam Zampa has been left out of the side with the Aussies opting for a pace-heavy bowling attack of Stanlake, Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins as well as medium-pace allrounders James Faulkner and Mitchell Marsh.
More to come

Australia XI: David Warner, Travis Head, Steve Smith (c), Chris Lynn, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Matthew Wade, James Faulkner, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Billy Stanlake

Really hope Lynn can make the most of his opportunity. Stanlake seems a bit premature but he did look good when I saw him play so he could be a good pick in the end.

Great to have two Queenslanders debut on their home track.

Bit rough on Khawaja, but I guess Maxwell plays to give the 4 quicks a game. I guess Khawaja will come in for Maxwell when Zampa plays as the spinner.

Love the side. If they fire, Goodness me this team will be fun to watch...as long as Australia bats first.

Pathetic to leave Khawaja out. (unless he was rested) That batting lineup is fairly shaky with him not there. **** one of the allrounders off and slot him in at 3.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • marw
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • mieko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.