Australian Team

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
If picked today on form and using SOO as a guideline.

1. Slater - Absolute given
2. Boyd - Absolute given
3. Inglis - Absolute given
4. Tonga - Absolute given
5. Hayne - I assume Folau won't be considered
6. Lockyer - Absolute given
7. Thurston - Absolute given
8. Civo - Absolute given
9. Smith - Absolute given
10. Shillington - Absolute given
11. Thaiday - Absolute given
12. Myles - Absolute given
13. Harrison - Absolute given

14. Lewis - Perfect rep utility player
15. Scott - Absolute given
16. Hannant - Absolute given
17. Bird - His performances in rep footy have been immense despite being a turd

Matt Scott's in there twice. Start with Shillington (considering he started in the ANZAC Test this year) and it looks pretty bloody awesome to me.

Yeah the starter was meant to be Shilly.

I bet Gidley gets the utility spot.............again

Gidley was outstanding that being said last night in a losing side, when he was on they looked a much better side. I just don't see the need for a halve utility when our 1,6,7,9 are all 80 minute players and you can then have Lewis and Harrison in your 17 who can both play 6 or 9 in an emergency and won't let the side down.

it should be nearly all QLD, but the reality is they will choose 6-7 blues, guaranteed.

The same as brizz pretty much. I would like to see someone other than Bird get the last bench spot but basically he was the best they had.

i wouldnt choose hannant based on recent form

Anonymous person said:
it should be nearly all QLD, but the reality is they will choose 6-7 blues, guaranteed.

I know they will and it is BS... when NSW were dominating QLD were lucky to have 2 players in the side (Locky and Webcke) but now QLD are streaking ahead of the cockroaches and you have to have nearly half the team from south of the border. :roll:

IMHO, every single QLD player from this series should be selected in the Aussie team before his NSW counterpart

I'd have Morris on the wing in front of Hayne!

Bucking Beads said:
I'd have Morris on the wing in front of Hayne!

Morris for all his awesomeness in the NRL this year did **** all in origin, except drop the possible match winning ball. Hayne brings more to the team. I feel dirty for saying that but its true.

I also think Leroyd-Lars wouldn't be out of place on the bench.

Yeah he was the next NSW player I would have found a spot for.

The problem is though, there's still like a third of the season to go before the Aussie team next plays.

Matt Scott and Tonga will fall out of sight and out of mind if the Cowboys continue to struggle and it wouldn't surprise me if Myles and Harrison are leapfrogged by the backrowers of whichever teams gets deep within the finals.

If Myles isn't there it will be one of the alltime great disgraces!

Foordy said:
I know they will and it is BS... when NSW were dominating QLD were lucky to have 2 players in the side (Locky and Webcke) but now QLD are streaking ahead of the cockroaches and you have to have nearly half the team from south of the border. :roll:

IMHO, every single QLD player from this series should be selected in the Aussie team before his NSW counterpart
even when we dominated in 98/99 then 01/02 we only managed a few players in test matches, it was rubbish.

the australian selectors are shocking.

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Jonathan Thurston
8. Mat Scott
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Nate Myles
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Ben Hannant
16. Luke Lewis
17. Dave Shillington

Is how I'll think they'll go if they showed leniency to the Maroons.

Oh and Farah plus for some reason an exorbitant amount of Penrith players as squad players.

Blame Sheens.

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • jd87
  • Financeguy
  • Griffo
  • Skyblues87
  • Old Mate
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.