CRICKET Australian tour of Pakistan

Kevin Dillon Win GIF

Good to win in Pakistan, especially with the worst fielding performance I can remember from an Australian side.

Good to win in Pakistan, especially with the worst fielding performance I can remember from an Australian side.

Absolutely horrid. Dropped catches left, right and centre. Throws coming in all over the place. And the keeping, man Carey is not a good keeper.

In the aftermath, it's hard to not call that a brilliant declaration.

If they bat longer and set them a total that's not achievable they probably start playing everything with a dead bat, as it was it was there for either team to win heading into Day 5, prepared to lose to win.

Of course if we lose, it's a horrible declaration.

In the aftermath, it's hard to not call that a brilliant declaration.

If they bat longer and set them a total that's not achievable they probably start playing everything with a dead bat, as it was it was there for either team to win heading into Day 5, prepared to lose to win.

Of course if we lose, it's a horrible declaration.

Agreed. Factoring Patty is an inexperienced captain, you can forgive the second test one but even then, if Smith could catch during this series, that is also likely a win.

The impressive thing yesterday for me was Lyon. He bowled almost all day and was just grenade after grenade, barely a bad ball in sight, he should have been bowler of the match (and I love that there are like 5 man of the match awards over there).

Throws coming in all over the place.

I saw Aleem Dar chastising Uzman for throwing the ball into the ground .
Maybe roughing the ball up took priority over making it easy on the keeper .

Pakistan is not the same as other sub continent places- No Pakistan spinner has taken five wickets in a fourth innings there since 1986.

I know they haven't played there for a while but that's still a telling stat.

Fourth innings record in Pakistan in that time 94 games at 33.
Australia is 322 games 30.46.

It's never a dust bowl. They have taken all the grass off- if they wanted a pace friendly pitch you would leave it on.
Australia's fast bowlers - Cummins, Mitchell Starc and Cameron Green - who combined to take 23 of Australia's 41 wickets for the series,

Cummins said he was immensely satisfied after becoming the first Australian captain to win a series in Asia since Michael Clarke in 2011. It was the first overseas series victory by any Australian team since New Zealand in 2016. Their best results in the interim had been drawn series in Bangladesh in 2017 and England in 2019.

Australia's fast bowlers - Cummins, Mitchell Starc and Cameron Green - who combined to take 23 of Australia's 41 wickets for the series,

Cummins said he was immensely satisfied after becoming the first Australian captain to win a series in Asia since Michael Clarke in 2011. It was the first overseas series victory by any Australian team since New Zealand in 2016. Their best results in the interim had been drawn series in Bangladesh in 2017 and England in 2019.

100% so I was accurate from the start, spin didn't play a part and no dustbowl.

Just some thoughts for the series

Usman - 10/10
496 runs @ 165. What a series. Especially after his test career was seemingly over 12 months ago. A joy to watch throughout and Man of the Series in my books.

Warner - 5/10
169 runs @ 33. Had bright moments with the bat but never kicked on despite a few starts, probably would have got a fail mark but for the energy in the field.

Labu - 4/10
170 runs @ 34. Disappointing by his very high standards and the ducks hurt. Similar to Warner above, would have had a lower score but for the fielding.

Smith 8/10
226 runs @ 56. Very good with the bat just couldn't get the elusive ton. Loses a mark for some shocking drops but overall a really good series.

Head 2/10.
68 runs @22. Really poor series with the bat and one that will put pressure on his spot again moving forward. Offered nothing with the ball and wasn't great in the field.

Green 8/10
155 runs @ 51 / 3 wickets @ 57. Great series with the bat and was threatening with the ball despite not much joy. Cemented his spot in the side in tricky conditions.

Carey 7/10
179 runs @ 59 / 5 dismissals. Really promising with the bat including a great innings to wrestle back control in the 3rd test. Questionable with the gloves and loses a mark for that but he's done enough to hold his spot for the time being.

Starc 7/10
8 wickets @ 34. A few minor contributions with the bat but he was a weapon when the ball started moving. Did a great job cleaning up the tail despite a few struggles against the elite batsmen.

Cummins 9/10
12 wickets @ 22. A couple handy runs with the bat but he was immense with the ball. No doubt he's on route to being one of our greatest ever, this series will be remembered for a long time. Great declaration in the 3rd test made up for the seemingly wrong decision in the 2nd test.

Hazlewood 2/10
No wickets in his solitary test and was poor overall. Bit unfair to mark him as didn't get a chance at redemption.

Swepson 3/10
2 wickets @ 133. Not a series to remember and one that will raise questions as to if he gets another shot. Really struggled to be consistent and rarely threatened aside from day 5 spells in the 2nd test where he was unlucky.

Lyon 5/10
12 wickets @ 44. Great bowling in the last innings of the series but was poor otherwise. Gets a pass mark as a key reason we escaped with a win but have to question if his numbers for the series would have looked that great had Pak not gone for victory.

100% so I was accurate from the start, spin didn't play a part and no dustbowl.
Yeah the acid test of our abilities against spin will come in Sri Lanka later this year.. as poor a state as their cricket is in, their wickets will turn square and they'll be tough to beat in home conditions.

Head 50* (32) in the first ODI. He's got the 50 in 8.2 overs!

Our batsmen may never want to come home from Pakistan..

McDermott looks so scratchy, would love for him to bring his domestic form to international level but he just can't so far and he has had plenty of chances.

Head 100* (70) in the 25th over. He’s barely played a non-conventional shot. Obviously unlikely to happen and he’ll now get out but he is on pace for Australia’s first ever double century. He’s done it twice for SA on similar roads.

No sooner did I finish typing and yep, gets himself out.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Nerd
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.