Australias 31-man World Cup squad

I'd rate Holland as well, but they are perennial chokers.

I don't think they have the fight to go all the way.

Scotty said:
They won Euro08 lol

This comp sorta has a feeling of now or never about it for Spain. With the squad they have they should tear it up.

lol. yes they did. sorry. I meant World Cup specifically.

ningnangnong said:

Lol, I just realised Lachy used this phrase for Spain!

Didn't even notice it before.

Bannermania said:
Scotty said:
They won Euro08 lol

This comp sorta has a feeling of now or never about it for Spain. With the squad they have they should tear it up.

lol. yes they did. sorry. I meant World Cup specifically.

Yeah I thought you might have I was just pointing it out :P

I think they won the Euro in the 80's too? eusa_think Dunno

But yeah it's gonna take a lot of bottle for them to win it, despite the talent they might have.

ningnangnong said:
ningnangnong said:

Lol, I just realised Lachy used this phrase for Spain!

Didn't even notice it before.

Hahaha. It's the World Cup, there are many many perennial chokers.

Many, many, many when you consider that only seven countries have ever won it. And if it was up to me i'd take (from the 31 named):

Marco Bresciano, Tim Cahill, Nick Carle, David Carney, Scott Chipperfield, Jason Culina, Brett Emerton, Adam Federici, Vincenzo Grella, James Holland, Mile Jedinak, Brad Jones, Joshua Kennedy, Harry Kewell, Scott McDonald, Mark Milligan, Craig Moore, Lucas Neill, Thomas Oar, Nikita Rukavytsya, Mark Schwarzer, Dario Vidosic, Rhys Williams

shit effort tonight...

what would you guys start with in SA?

Id go with:

Schwarzer
carney-moore-neill-chipperfield
grella
emerton-bresciano-culina
cahill
kewell

bring oar on at about 65, rukavytska, beachamp and vidosic as other benchies

--------------Schwarzer----------------
Emerton--Neill--Moore--Chipperfield
----------Grella-----Culina-------------
Bresciano-----------------------Kewell
-----------------Cahill------------------
----------------Kennedy----------------

Shame McDonald is no good for Aus.

McDonald is fucking useless

The Aussies were fucking hackers last night, we had the win sewn up in that first half, we let your mob back into it. I think both will struggle in South Africa.

What Scotty said. Dario did impress tonight, about the only one though.

I think Oar will go to South Africa but get culled in the final 4 for what it is worth, just being over there will be a great experience for him, he is one for the future. Nikita will be the same.

After last night I want Craig Moore nowhere near our starting side, he was appallingly slow and is a liability to see red because he is too slow to keep pace with attackers.

unfortunately Pim fucked up by not even including Colosimo or Spiranovic so the likelyhood of Moore being dropped is very very slim.

So McDonald, Carle and North all cut from the squad.

Agree re McDonald, haven't seen Carle for a while so can't comment, i rate North but I'm not the coach and Pim obviously has plenty of backs and midfielders that can cover the backs hence cutting him.

Great to see the investment in the future taking Tommy and Nikita at least for the experience and as cheap bag carriers

they need to have tommy in the squad!!

just saw that McDonald has been dumped altogether, meaning Rukavytska will almost certainly be part of the squad.

here is who i think will be in the 23:

Goalkeepers: Mark Schwarzer, Adam Federici, Brad Jones.

Defenders: Scott Chipperfield, David Carney, Lucas Neill, Michael Beauchamp, Craig Moore, Mark Milligan, Luke Wilkshire.

Midfielders: Vince Grella, Carl Valeri, Jason Culina, Mile Jedinak, Tim Cahill, Brett Holman, Dario Vidosic, Mark Bresciano, Brett Emerton, Tommy Oar.

Strikers: Nikita Rukavytsya, Josh Kennedy, Harry Kewell

Excuse my lack of knowledge but is Ronaldihino sucking so much atm they he can't make the Brazil squad? Or is he past it or is there better guys there?

Je$ter said:
Excuse my lack of knowledge but is Ronaldihino sucking so much atm they he can't make the Brazil squad? Or is he past it or is there better guys there?

I reckon he was pretty unlucky to miss out.

Dunga, who is Brazil's manager, has made a few odd selections. He also left out Diego, who is a class player.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • theshed
  • broncoscope
  • Gaz
  • mieko
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • scobie
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.