Australias 31-man World Cup squad

Ronaldinho has somewhat of a reputation as a heavy partyer. Dunga seems like a very no bullshit type of manager so I dare say that might have had something to do with it, might have seen him as a distraction. Then again as ning said he made a couple of strange selections and omissions so who knows.

With Dunga it's pretty much 'my way or the highway'.

pennywisealfie said:
Strikers: Nikita Rukavytsya, Josh Kennedy, Harry Kewell

Have to admit that Ruka and Kennedy have done precious little to impress me. I seriously think that leaving McDonald out is a mistake. He will be important when Kewell finally calls it quits.

very true, but Pim is so extremely set in his ways and the way Pim likes to play does not suit McDonald at all.

read an article saying that Rudd Guilt might be interesting in coaching the *shudder* Socceroos. That'd be nice..

borat.jpg

Sexy football time!!

Whoever takes over as the next Aus manager will have their work cut out for them. Australia really needs to start looking to the future, big players such as Kewell, Schwarzer, Neill, Cahill etc aren't getting any younger and for a few of them this will be their last or 2nd last tournament IMO. There isn't a shitload of promising young talent at Australias disposal, I reckon there may well be tough times ahead for Australia internationally.

ningnangnong said:
Brett Holman is the shittest player on the planet.

I thought Holman played really well last night, was involved in everything positive for the socceroos. He's not going to work playing in the same 11 as cahill tho, so I don't see him getting much game time, unless we are chasing goals.

Brad Jones is out. His four year old son has cancer. [icon_frown

Terrible news for the bloke.

Yeah, that sucks. It could explain the rather lacklustre display against the US, well hopefully that's why.

Is anyone else pissed off with the trumpet things yet? They're called Vuvuzelas apparently. From the start of the match till the end the bastards don't stop, it's fucking annoying as shit. And the racket from them almost makes the England band sound in tune ffs.

Scotty said:
Is anyone else pissed off with the trumpet things yet? They're called Vuvuzelas apparently. From the start of the match till the end the bastards don't stop, it's **** annoying as shit. And the racket from them almost makes the England band sound in tune ffs.
That's the first thing my other half said when we watched the game against the US.

I'm pretty sure the only people who don't hate them are the people using them.

Incidentally, this rant about the trumpets was supposed to be in the general wc talk thread... my bad :P

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...of-the-world-cup/story-e6frg7mf-1225876211372

These things make me rage so bad. What a steaming pile of wank. That article mentions the Australians being "fun police", I would say the amount of people complaining about the horns is a pretty good indicator that it's not just us. And I would be all for Zulu bongo drums or some shit like that, but the horns are too much. It says the noise they will make will be between 100-145 decibels, fucking ridiculous.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • scobie
  • Skyblues87
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.