NEWS Badel: Alfie offers to mentor Croft

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Story in the CM by Badel that quotes Langer praising Croft having watched him in the younger grades. Says there's no better system than the Storm so he'll have good habits. Most interesting quote is along the lines of him loving his structure and direction of the forward pack. He also adds if Brodie calls the shots, that will allow Milford to go back to 6 and play a more relaxed style.

Upshot is Milford is going back to 6.

Last edited:
Not sure if Alfie ever played to a structure?

Generally speaking he was much better suited with a more structured playmaker partner allowing him to focus on attacking the line with his speed and agility and putting his superb short kicking game to use, that's what made the combination with Kevin Walters work so well. Kevin Walters despite playing 5/8th(he was actually a halfback) at the Broncos was actually more like your traditional playmaking style halfback like Ricky Stuart, he took a lot of pressure off Langer as an organiser.

Last edited:
Generally speaking he was much better suited with a more structured playmaker partner allowing him to focus on attacking the line with his speed and agility and putting his superb short kicking game to use, that's what made the combination with Kevin Walters work so well. Kevin Walters despite playing 5/8th(he was actually a halfback) at the Broncos was actually more like your traditional playmaking style halfback like Ricky Stuart, he took a lot of pressure off Langer as an organiser.
He mentions that he liked to "be himself and play his own game" but other than saying Croft has a very good kicking game and ticks all the boxes, the main point he's making is he'll be able to take the pressure of Milford so HE can play his own game.

Last edited:
He mentions that he liked to "be himself and play his own game" but other than saying Croft has a very good kicking game and ticks all the boxes, the main point he's making is he'll be able to take the pressure of Milford so HE can play his own game.

Absolutely, and I am thus expecting Milf to recapture his best form like in 2015. I believe we will soon end up having the best halves pairing in the league if Milf does play 6

Story in the CM by Badel that quotes Langer praising Croft having watched him in the younger grades. Says there's no better system than the Storm so he'll have good habits. Most interesting quote is along the lines of him loving his structure and direction of the forward pack. He also adds if Brodie calls the shots, that will allow Milford to go back to 6 and play a more relaxed style.

Thanks so much McHunt.

Wow that was most refreshing to reading the whole article!

Absolutely, and I am thus expecting Milf to recapture his best form like in 2015. I believe we will soon end up having the best halves pairing in the league if Milf does play 6

Just got to get Milford running and lots of it. I don’t mean just during games but on the training field too.

I expected him to do that in 2016 and 2017 when Hunt was still at the Broncos but he never really did.

Maybe the pressure/responsibilities will be off him a lot more now having an organiser. But I believe Milf is playing for his contract this season. If he fails, he will be gone and so he should be if he can’t deliver.

I’d still like to see Dearden at 6 and Milf at FB but looking forward to see how this season pans out with the addition of Croft.

I am actually glad we don't have to read that Badel shits articles. You said all i needed to know. Thanks for taking one for the team, you may end up with CTE by the end of next year but your doing it for a good cause.

Yep, Alfie was an absolute champion in his own right, but not enough credit is probably given to the fact he was so fortunate to come along at the same time as Kevvie, who was such a perfect foil for Alfie's style, it was almost like they were custom made to suit one another's games.

Yep, Alfie was an absolute champion in his own right, but not enough credit is probably given to the fact he was so fortunate to come along at the same time as Kevvie, who was such a perfect foil for Alfie's style, it was almost like they were custom made to suit one another's games.
Throw in Kerrod Walters and it was no surprise they were named the ipswich connection. Funny thing is Bennett was initially going to go with Kevie as captain after Gene Miles, but went with Langer because he felt it would push him out of his comfort zone.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jd87
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.