NEWS Badel: Paix could end Macca misery

It was more about how poor the rest of the teams stack up against ours rather than how good our squad is.

They listed the teams in the order they finished this year, you get to third and conincidentally it’s souffs. You look at their team next to ours and it becomes pretty clear why both Pies and WB wanted to coach Brisbane in 2020.
Souths with no GI and no Sam Burgess are a very different prospect to what Bennett signed up for. I actually think most on here and elsewhere probably felt Souths with those two in the side were closer to their next Premiership than we were back when the Coach swap took place.

I reckon for most people the general consensus was that Bennett had a two-three year window to get one more Premiership out of that ageing Souths side, which at his own age perhaps made sense, but that Siebold was buying into a side that needed a bit of work but was likely to be a serious Premiership threat beyond that first season or two.

Kind of reinforces my point about Top 4 expectations. We have a good shot, but if any side loses a couple of their best players long term overnight, that's probably their season done.

Last edited:
That last part about the biscuit went wayyyy over my head at least but anyway lol

apparently he was sent on the camp in tassie to get to know the clubs senior players ... not to join the leadership group.

as usual when the media reported that Croft had joined the leadership group, it was another case of them adding 2+2 and coming up with 22

Last edited:
apparently he was sent on the camp in tassie to get to know the clubs senior players ... not to join the leadership group.

as usual when the media reported that Croft had joined the leadership group, it was another case of them adding 2+2 and coming up with 22
So what's the difference between being IN the Leadership Group and WITH them?

Active Now

• Dash
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bongo
  • The True King
  • MrTickyMcG
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrMoore
  • Wolfie
  • bert_lifts
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morepudding
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.