NEWS Badel: Seibold won't send Darius to QLD Cup

Lol , broncsgoat V's the world in most threads. ✊
One argument is that I just think Pies should take a bit better care of himself and the other because I posited that he should have enough evidence to drop Boyd. Apparently I’m wrong on both accounts though 🤷🏼‍♂️

Boyd may surprise. It would be brilliant on two fronts. The Broncos have a win and the haters get to blow their loads in frustration, **** , such fun that would be!

Eating humble (crow)pie!

Boyd may surprise. It would be brilliant on two fronts. The Broncos have a win and the haters get to blow their loads in frustration, **** , such fun that would be!

Eating humble (crow)pie!

Yeah if we are winning, who gives a shit? If Boyd is contributing positively, I'll have a bite.

If he gets dropped and/or retires, the second-third-fourth chance Boyd supporters can enjoy a slice.

As long as we are winning, honestly, who cares who is in the team? Would honestly love nothing more than Boyd to rip in and win us games.

Yeah if we are winning, who gives a shit? If Boyd is contributing positively, I'll have a bite.

If he gets dropped and/or retires, the second-third-fourth chance Boyd supporters can enjoy a slice.

As long as we are winning, honestly, who cares who is in the team? Would honestly love nothing more than Boyd to rip in and win us games.

Well when we clearly have no choice in the matter then that is the only productive attitude to have. I swore black and blue I wouldn't watch a single game if Boyd was named, now I am looking like I have to either keep that promise or be a bitter hypocrite. My love of footy is being played off against my pride lol

I dunno, I guess I just don't get it how a player can dog it so obviously and still get a kick the next year. It just makes it feel less like things are truly changing, like we aren't tolerating shit anymore, no matter who it is. This flies in the face of that, and if McC is picked anywhere as well, it will really be an ugly scene come Round 1.

Well when we clearly have no choice in the matter then that is the only productive attitude to have. I swore black and blue I wouldn't watch a single game if Boyd was named, now I am looking like I have to either keep that promise or be a bitter hypocrite. My love of footy is being played off against my pride lol

I dunno, I guess I just don't get it how a player can dog it so obviously and still get a kick the next year. It just makes it feel less like things are truly changing, like we aren't tolerating shit anymore, no matter who it is. This flies in the face of that, and if McC is picked anywhere as well, it will really be an ugly scene come Round 1.

You can choose to change your mind about things though without being hypocritical. Could be the better option is to just give them all the benefit of the doubt to start with. I'm not going to be happy at all if we get the 2019 version of Darius Boyd in this team. Maybe if that happens, and you shouldn't just limit it to Boyd, do it to any player who Seibold is constantly picking when they are clearly out of form, then you dont give the club your money. Thats the way i'm going next year. I want to see a change in how we do things

I'm more than willing to see how he goes on the wing. He deserves a chance, ultimately it's not his choice whether he plays first grade or not, that's on Seibold. Boyd and Glenn are probably the only two in the squad who have the runs on the board to get an extended run even if their form drops.

Boyd deserves at least 5-8 games on the wing to see if he can reinvigorate his career from there, if not, we drop him and move on. I didn't think he was terrible at 5/8, I actually thought his defence was pretty damn good only he offered almost zilch in attack.

If he can be reliable under the high ball, which he generally is, know how to defend an overlap, which he should be very good at, and finish well, he'll be an asset at wing.

I'm more than willing to see how he goes on the wing. He deserves a chance, ultimately it's not his choice whether he plays first grade or not, that's on Seibold. Boyd and Glenn are probably the only two in the squad who have the runs on the board to get an extended run even if their form drops.

Boyd deserves at least 5-8 games on the wing to see if he can reinvigorate his career from there, if not, we drop him and move on. I didn't think he was terrible at 5/8, I actually thought his defence was pretty damn good only he offered almost zilch in attack.

If he can be reliable under the high ball, which he generally is, know how to defend an overlap, which he should be very good at, and finish well, he'll be an asset at wing.

He's got to show it in the trials though i'd say. Farnworth should put a fair bit of pressure on whoever is on our right wing. Coates i just dont think is ready. A year in ISC is going to do him the world of good.

He's got to show it in the trials though i'd say. Farnworth should put a fair bit of pressure on whoever is on our right wing. Coates i just dont think is ready. A year in ISC is going to do him the world of good.
Coates looked so damn good ball in hand but he looked so damn bad in defence. I really can't wait to see what he could develop into if he can mature a little and fix his defence. He looks like a star in the making, I really hope he can fix his short comings because he has something most others don't with his athletic ability.

Coates looked so damn good ball in hand but he looked so damn bad in defence. I really can't wait to see what he could develop into if he can mature a little and fix his defence. He looks like a star in the making, I really hope he can fix his short comings because he has something most others don't with his athletic ability.

I can honestly see Xavier following a similar trajectory as Inglis. Yes yes I know, it is a lot of pressure and he is just a kid, but I do think over the next 5 years he will be spoken about in the same way Inglis was in his prime. He looks such an athlete.

Last edited:
I can honestly see Xavier following a similar trajectory as Inglis. Yes yes I know, it is a lot of pressure and he is just a kid, but I do think over the next 5 years he will be spoken about in the same way Inglis was in his prime. He looks such an athlete.

Hopefully he will. Inglis played a couple of years really in ISC to develop his game. Didnt do him any harm at all.

Hopefully he will. Inglis played a couple of years really in ISC to develop his game. Didnt do him any harm at all.

Thanks very much for the link Wolfie, really enjoyed that read. Always interesting to go back to old articles like that and read the opinions of coaches etc at the time. They obviously knew Greg was a special player as a kid, but I'm not sure if they knew they were witnessing one of the most damaging ball runners to ever play the game. If Coates has half the talent Inglis did, we've got a great one on our hands for sure.

And by 14 games we could be out of the finals.

Just pick the best 17.
Yeah i agree. I think i read that Seibs is picking and sticking for 6wks before he makes changes. So i would think he has 6 not 14. I was more just saying 14 is the max he will get.

The thing about Boyd playing well enough on the wing to justify being in the 17, is that it ignores his price for 2021. Even in the unlikely event he is genuinely our best winger, is he worth the $600k - $750k the media are suggesting he'll be on in 2021?

Also, the possibility one more year of Boyd means we may lose one of our future wingers? And will Boyd still be the best option for wing in that later year as he continues to decline and the younger players improve?

The thing about Boyd playing well enough on the wing to justify being in the 17, is that it ignores his price for 2021. Even in the unlikely event he is genuinely our best winger, is he worth the $600k - $750k the media are suggesting he'll be on in 2021?

Also, the possibility one more year of Boyd means we may lose one of our future wingers? And will Boyd still be the best option for wing in that later year as he continues to decline and the younger players improve?

i think the media have been suggesting that if Boyd triggers his 2021 deal, his price drops to around 400k

$400k is still a fair bit more than the young fellas. Also Boyd played left wing in origin, has he ever played on the right? I think it's more likely Siebs will start by picking him at left centre with bird riding the pine in the 14 as he comes back from injury. Kahu will prob get the right wing spot which isn't a bad thing. He was quite a good right winger for us. Good finisher, good under the high ball, and decent defence which might help plug some right side holes. I don't think Boyd will be able to hold onto left centre as birds match fitness returns. Then he will end up either in the 14 or qcup I guess. I think before qcup he will announce his retirement though.

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • Allo
  • bert_lifts
  • Justwin
  • Painin the Haas
  • mrtij
  • ostin86
  • Manlyman
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.