NEWS Badel: Seibold won't send Darius to QLD Cup

I think once a year it can be excused, especially seeing as Cronk won a little thing called the premiership. Boyd's non-efforts number in the double digits somewhere. Plus you are completely ignoring the sublime excellence of the step involved.
I was thinking about one time when we played the Tits I think. It was eerily similar. Boyd was stepped by a brilliant bit of footwork . Could have happened to anyone. Boyd was crucified on here, I'd seen it a hundred times before. Point is Boyd made poor reads and justly copped a bollocking but not every one justified the abuse.

Can we just establish that if you think Boyd gave up or intentionally missed those tackles you're actually an idiot. He was beaten on numerous occasions, by people who just avoided being tackled by 12 other blokes who had a pretty fucking good shot at them as well.

Can we just establish that if you think Boyd gave up or intentionally missed those tackles you're actually an idiot. He was beaten on numerous occasions, by people who just avoided being tackled by 12 other blokes who had a pretty fucking good shot at them as well.

This is true except for that time ramien made the very experienced Darius Boyd look very silly.

I had him at about six. I'd like to see a list so we don't have to believe it is hyperbole
There's an entire thread dedicated to it. The Darius Boyd tribute thread.

I was thinking about one time when we played the Tits I think. It was eerily similar. Boyd was stepped by a brilliant bit of footwork . Could have happened to anyone. Boyd was crucified on here, I'd seen it a hundred times before. Point is Boyd made poor reads and justly copped a bollocking but not every one justified the abuse.

Yeah you need to watch that one again.

He made absolutely no effort and Roberts didn't even step him. He just accelerated and Boyd dropped to a knee.

Yeah you need to watch that one again.

He made absolutely no effort and Roberts didn't even step him. He just accelerated and Boyd dropped to a knee.
That’s the worst one. I just couldn’t believe my eyes when that happened.

There's an entire thread dedicated to it. The Darius Boyd tribute thread.
So you won’t list the non-efforts? Is that because you won’t be able to claim those missed tackles where he and 12 others fell over and non-efforts as the same thing?

So you won’t list the non-efforts? Is that because you won’t be able to claim those missed tackles where he and 12 others fell over and non-efforts as the same thing?
Let's hear your list of 6 first. I'll add to it sometime tomorrow if you want. But I already know you and the usual suspects will just dispute it so I don't see much point in the exercise. We'll just be covering old ground.

As I said, my examples are all in that thread, if you don't believe it now then me listing them again isn't going to change that.

Last edited:
Let's hear your list of 6 first. I'll add to it sometime tomorrow if you want. But I already know you and the usual suspects will just dispute it so I don't see much point in the exercise. We'll just be covering old ground.
I may as well go all out and dispute them all because that’s what you guys think I do, even though I quite obviously agreed there were numerous non-efforts. So I’ll just wait for you to use facts to prove your hyperbole. Anyyyyy minute now

I may as well go all out and dispute them all because that’s what you guys think I do, even though I quite obviously agreed there were numerous non-efforts. So I’ll just wait for you to use facts to prove your hyperbole. Anyyyyy minute now
Well it's a fact the thread exists. Are you unable to dig it up yourself?

Well it's a fact the thread exists. Are you unable to dig it up yourself?
On my phone so I’d rather not re-read that garbage thread. Also you might be confusing mistakes with non-effort

On my phone so I’d rather not re-read that garbage thread. Also you might be confusing mistakes with non-effort

Fair enough, that thread is definitely full of garbage.

Maybe, but on the flipside you might be confusing mistakes with non-efforts.

Fair enough, that thread is definitely full of garbage.

Maybe, but on the flipside you might be confusing mistakes with non-efforts.
Oh no, I already said anyone who believes he wasn’t trying is an idiot soooooo

More plausible than him being tired from overexerting himself.
My theory is that he was in shock over how easy it was for the attacking players to beat the 12 people standing in front of him, so he wasn’t ready. No other fullback had to deal with line breaks that happened as easily as that. Not that I’m justifying it, for those who can’t keep up. Poor efforts all round but we only focus on the one who had to defend by himself at the back.

My theory is that he was in shock over how easy it was for the attacking players to beat the 12 people standing in front of him, so he wasn’t ready. No other fullback had to deal with line breaks that happened as easily as that. Not that I’m justifying it, for those who can’t keep up. Poor efforts all round but we only focus on the one who had to defend by himself at the back.

What else does a fullback do in defence, except be the absolute last line of defence though?

He has a little C, he's held to a higher standard, and if there were poor efforts, that's on him too, sort your team out Darbs.

Active Now

• Dash
  • BroncoFan94
  • Behold
  • mrslong
  • Swordfish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • The Strapper
  • peter09
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • sooticus
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.