NEWS Badel: Seibold won't send Darius to QLD Cup

I know what you're saying, but everyone knows Boyd's form wasnt up to scratch, and probably wont improve. Its easier for the club to manage against the given and be overly positive then to pour fuel onto the obvious - i support this method as long as they draw the line come trial's and start of the season.

Could you imagine the media circus with retirement talk, Seibs not being loyal, stories about club being torn apart, old boys sticking their nose in, conspiracy theories, stat reports - the list of driven articles wouldn't end. The media are waiting for it to happen as it will be juicy. Besides Latrell, there's not much going on at the moment.

Boyds form wasnt up to stratch, but neither was Issako's, Oates, Macca's Joffa's, Gilletts, Milfords and probably a few others ( including our coach ) who werent in their rookie years, but they dont suit the anti Boyd agenda's so they dont get slated as much as Darius.

This isnt me sticking up for Boyd either. I just dont see why you would write off any player based on last year when you are going into 2020. To my mind, you give them the chance to redeem themselves next year. You tell them trial form is everything and thats how they get picked in the starting 17 for game 1 in Townsville. Then they have to keep up a high level of performance to keep the shirt. Any player, not just Boyd, who plays poorly week after week and stays in the team, thats on Seibold.

Last edited:
This year wasn’t enough of an indicator for him?

Is he the only coach to ever send mixed messages and backtrack on previous statements is he?

Is he the first coach to struggle in his first year at a new club is he? Any coach who doesn’t have instant success is enough of an indicator is it?

Last edited:
Boyds form wasnt up to stratch, but neither was Issako's, Oates, Macca's Joffa's, Gilletts, Milfords and probably a few others ( including our coach ) who werent in their rookie years, but they dont suit the anti Boyd agenda's so they dont get slated as much as Darius.

This isnt me sticking up for Boyd either. I just dont see why you would write off any player based on last year when you are going into 2020. To my mind, you give them the chance to redeem themselves next year. You tell them trial form is everything and thats how they get picked in the starting 17 for game 1 in Townsville. Then they have to keep up a high level of performance to keep the shirt. Any player, not just Boyd, who plays poorly week after week and stays in the team, thats on Seibold.
Completely agree with this, I posted much the same above.

I have an agenda against any mutherfucker who wears the Broncos jersey just for a payday. Just to pretend that they are still fit enough to perform when there are other young guys in the reserves who can do twice as better as them.
We play for premierships, not for charity handouts to has beens, whether you a Hancock, Langer, Hodges, Parker or Darius-fuckin-Boyd - do the right thing like the captains and legends before you and hang em up if you cant hack it in first grade anymore.
Just a fucking handicap on the team, with 12 others pulling his mediocre dead weight.

14 games clause my ass, the only winnable game in that stretch looks like against the Titans and Dogs - I won't be surprised if we are stone motherless last when they decide to send Boyd to Q cup. Or even worse, making others scapegoats while keeping him on for his invaluable 'leadership and experience'...in losing.

That's fair, but also those players really also havn't had bad back to back years. They also weren't captain. More scrutiny naturally will occur for Boyd as being C holds higher expectations. As for the driven Boyd agenda - yes some people are extreme, some people just think strongly that he doesn't deserve a guaranteed spot(like me).

As i said, and agree with you - as long as the line in the sand is drawn come trials i have no issue with the way they are talking in the media at the moment. Performance based is the only way this squad will go forward.

Last edited:
Is he the only coach to ever send mixed messages and backtrack on previous statements is he?

Is he the first coach to struggle in his first year at a new club is he? Any coach who doesn’t have instant success is enough of an indicator is it?
What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

I mean it’s pretty obvious if you read your own post.

Bit let’s say it isn’t obvious, you have implied he isn’t a good coach based on one year despite being coach of the year in his previous season. I feel sad for you if you think one year is enough.

The guy who has led Richmond to two of the last three premierships looked pretty mediocre for a couple of years prior.

Last edited:
If this 15 game thing is real, no way you let him reach that target. The Jahu debacle may be a blessing in disguise. By the time he’s fit, a run of injuries could mean he’s the only thing stopping Boyd from reaching 15 games.
This of course would instantly earn him a title of a bronco legend. Possibly deserving of a statue at Suncorp.

Jordan ‘the Darius slayer’ Kahu.

Last edited:
I mean it’s pretty obvious if you read your own post.

Bit let’s say it isn’t obvious, you have implied he isn’t a good coach based on one year despite being coach of the year in his previous season. I feel sad for you if you think one year is enough.

The guy who has led Richmond to two of the last three premierships looked pretty mediocre for a couple of years prior.

Well, its not one year in isolation. It's pretty much every decision he's made since he took over that leads me to think that. But I didn't really say anything other than ask a question of a poster.

pies has done well recruiting Croft, I believe he was the best available option but seriously other than that its been a very poor showing.

Well, its not one year in isolation. It's pretty much every decision he's made since he took over that leads me to think that. But I didn't really say anything other than ask a question of a poster.

pies has done well recruiting Croft, I believe he was the best available option but seriously other than that its been a very poor showing.

What’s impressed me the most is his ability to identify and clear out the trash. He’s still working in Boyd and Macca by all whispers.

Our team is in far better shape and there’s still 3 to go.

This is his first full preseason with a team closer to his own. It will be a much better gauge of his ability. By 2021 when all the excess has been cleared and he’s reinvested that cap space, there will be no where for him to hide. I’m excited by what he’s building

so one year
I guess, but it’s not just because we finished on 11 wins and got embarrassed in the finals. Continually making incorrect selections, coaching an entire team of players to career worst seasons (rookies excluded), flip flopping, saying he won’t make excuses and then making a shit ton of excuses etc and now from the look of this article there will be more of the same next year. So more than one year.

Lol are any of those players our Captain or most experienced player @Wolfie? Boyd should be held to a higher standard. He was worse than all the players you mentioned bar Macca anyway. And just because you say you're not sticking up for him doesn't mean you aren't 🤣

Hey atleast if he plays his 14 games this year you will get to see him go around again next year. That way you will have two more years of belly laughs at the BHQ posters who are constantly want him dropped from the side. Who cares if we make the finals or not right?

I guess, but it’s not just because we finished on 11 wins and got embarrassed in the finals. Continually making incorrect selections, coaching an entire team of players to career worst seasons (rookies excluded), flip flopping, saying he won’t make excuses and then making a shit ton of excuses etc and now from the look of this article there will be more of the same next year. So more than one year.

Last year was horrible for a few reason, all in all considering the semi final implosion it wasnt too bad.

Roster clean out process
Contract/Cap stuff to sort
A heap of our forwards had risen in market value and were coming up to contract talks
Injuries to Centre's and Halves with no real strength in reserves.
Seibold/coaching staff only took over at Christmas, with the whole Saga dragging out for some time.
Managing politics between players, media and future squad.

Its only fair to give Seibs judgement on a clean slate with more control like this coming season.

Last edited:
Last year was horrible for a few reason, all in all considering the semi final implosion it wasnt too bad.

Roster clean out process
A heap of our forwards had risen in market value and were coming up to contract talks
Seibold/coaching staff only took over at Christmas, with the whole Saga dragging out for some time.

Its only fair to give Seibs judgement on a clean slate with more control like this coming season.
Yeah sure, I didn’t wake up this morning planning on ripping into him. The Croft signing and correcting the error of Milf at 1 is a good start.

Roster clean out process

Mate it wouldn't matter how many good points you make. Goat is waaay to stubborn to ever agree with you.

Lol are any of those players our Captain or most experienced player @Wolfie? Boyd should be held to a higher standard. He was worse than all the players you mentioned bar Macca anyway. And just because you say you're not sticking up for him doesn't mean you aren't 🤣

Hey atleast if he plays his 14 games this year you will get to see him go around again next year. That way you will have two more years of belly laughs at the BHQ posters who are constantly want him dropped from the side. Who cares if we make the finals or not right?

I'm not sticking up for him. If i was , i'd be saying keep picking him. Its not rocket science. Him being captain is just a cop out for some of you lot. You just use it as an extra excuse to bag him because of the anti Boyd agenda. I've consistently said he shouldnt be in the team, but you cant use him being captain as a way of excusing others. If Boyd , Turpin and Lodge for example are as bad as each other over a period of 5 or 6 games next year, then you cant put it on Boyd more because he is captain of the side. Dress it up however you like, but poor form is poor form, and players should be dropped for it. One poorly performing player isnt going to bring a side down, but 5 or 6 are.

No point constantly bagging a poor performing player, bag the idiot who keeps picking him. He's the one who should be held to a higher standard. He could have put a stop to it and made it a none issue, but he didnt. My point has been consistent throughout. Pick the blokes that earn the shirt. Only the coach has the power to do it.
[automerge]1575687441[/automerge]
That's fair, but also those players really also havn't had bad back to back years. They also weren't captain. More scrutiny naturally will occur for Boyd as being C holds higher expectations. As for the driven Boyd agenda - yes some people are extreme, some people just think strongly that he doesn't deserve a guaranteed spot(like me).

As i said, and agree with you - as long as the line in the sand is drawn come trials i have no issue with the way they are talking in the media at the moment. Performance based is the only way this squad will go forward.

Absolutley mate. 2019 is gone for me as i keep saying. Clean slate for everyone, pick the players who earn it.

Last edited:

Active Now

• thenry
  • Brotherdu
  • Morkel
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manofoneway
  • jarro65
  • Foordy
  • Morepudding
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Kev_Guz
  • Lurker
  • Browny
  • Justwin
  • Culhwch
  • Broncorob
  • Horseheadsup
  • Skathen
  • Alec
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.