NEWS Badel: Seibold won't send Darius to QLD Cup

Oh, and apologies if i'm coming across a bit cranky today. My bloody Aircon has decided to pack it in and i'm roasting!

I'm not sticking up for him. If i was , i'd be saying keep picking him. Its not rocket science. Him being captain is just a cop out for some of you lot. You just use it as an extra excuse to bag him because of the anti Boyd agenda. I've consistently said he shouldnt be in the team, but you cant use him being captain as a way of excusing others. If Boyd , Turpin and Lodge for example are as bad as each other over a period of 5 or 6 games next year, then you cant put it on Boyd more because he is captain of the side. Dress it up however you like, but poor form is poor form, and players should be dropped for it. One poorly performing player isnt going to bring a side down, but 5 or 6 are.

No point constantly bagging a poor performing player, bag the idiot who keeps picking him. He's the one who should be held to a higher standard. He could have put a stop to it and made it a none issue, but he didnt. My point has been consistent throughout. Pick the blokes that earn the shirt. Only the coach has the power to do it.
[automerge]1575687441[/automerge]

Absolutley mate. 2019 is gone for me as i keep saying. Clean slate for everyone, pick the players who earn it.

A Captain being held to a higher standard is not a cop out that I am using. To me, it's just the reality of any team sport. If I have any kind of agenda it is just that we pick our best players which I know we both agree on. The main reason why I target Boyd is because I believe he is a poor leader, mainly in regards to his lack of leading by example. Also, he is in the pinnacle of his career with a poor history of injuries. We signed a Lemon.

Generally I agree with a lot of the things you mentioned. In particular, Seibolds role in this. As you said he is the bloke picking him.

The enjoyment you take from reading the meltdowns over Boyd definitely riles me up but. I suppose that's what you want so I guess that's a win for you.

Boyd cops it more because none of the other players with poor form intentionally avoid making tackles. Simple. Wanna call it an agenda that's fine with me I have an agenda against players that avoid contact in a contact sport.

Lol , broncsgoat V's the world in most threads. ✊

A Captain being held to a higher standard is not a cop out that I am using. To me, it's just the reality of any team sport. If I have any kind of agenda it is just that we pick our best players which I know we both agree on. The main reason why I target Boyd is because I believe he is a poor leader, mainly in regards to his lack of leading by example. Also, he is in the pinnacle of his career with a poor history of injuries. We signed a Lemon.

Generally I agree with a lot of the things you mentioned. In particular, Seibolds role in this. As you said he is the bloke picking him.

The enjoyment you take from reading the meltdowns over Boyd definitely riles me up but. I suppose that's what you want so I guess that's a win for you.

Its not that i enjoy the meltdowns as such, i just cant work out why people get so wound up by it all. Its madness to me.

I wouldnt say Boyd is in the pinnacle of his career either. That was probably 4 years ago or so. Did he have any major injuries before we signed him? I cant recall any tbh. He did his achillies after we signed him, then his hamstring at the back end of 2017. Cant really recall anything major apart from those, and he was good for us in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Its only really been the last couple of years he seems to have declined rapidly.

Boyd cops it more because none of the other players with poor form intentionally avoid making tackles. Simple. Wanna call it an agenda that's fine with me I have an agenda against players that avoid contact in a contact sport.

I think its more he lacks the capability to do it these days rather then him intentionally dodging making contact. Maybe subconsciously he gets caught in two minds about going in for something, could be a confidence thing, and then by the time it gets round to him making that challenge its too late and he looks like a goose. That to me is where the coach needs to step in and bring it up with him. Once a player stats second guessing what he is doing on the field, he needs to be dropped because they become a liability.

I genuinely cant buy into any player who plays Rugby League deliberately going out there and intentionally not giving it a good crack. They would lose the respect of the entire squad of players. Its not something you see very often.

Last edited:
I think we all need to take a deep breath (or a cold shower in this unbearable heat) and just waitl till next year before we worry too much about who might or might not make the team. Honestly, Seibs may or may not even know himself yet who his preferences are at this point. And even if he does, no amount of whining from us fans is gonna really influence it one way or the other.

Plus, we are basically basing our assumptions on what Petey Boy Badel is saying is gonna happen in 2020. When did we start believing anything that butt-nugget said anyway?!

Its not that i enjoy the meltdowns as such, i just cant work out why people get so wound up by it all. Its madness to me.

I wouldnt say Boyd is in the pinnacle of his career either. That was probably 4 years ago or so. Did he have any major injuries before we signed him? I cant recall any tbh. He did his achillies after we signed him, then his hamstring at the back end of 2017. Cant really recall anything major apart from those, and he was good for us in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Its only really been the last couple of years he seems to have declined rapidly.

Lol I'm an idiot. Definitely did not mean to use the word pinnacle. That goes against everything I was saying haha. And in regards to his injuries I think your right. I believe they were after we signed him, so technically was not a Lemon. Still a dud signing though.

I think we all need to take a deep breath (or a cold shower in this unbearable heat) and just waitl till next year before we worry too much about who might or might not make the team. Honestly, Seibs may or may not even know himself yet who his preferences are at this point. And even if he does, no amount of whining from us fans is gonna really influence it one way or the other.

Plus, we are basically basing our assumptions on what Petey Boy Badel is saying is gonna happen in 2020. When did we start believing anything that butt-nugget said anyway?!

I'm hoping he doesnt know his preferences are tbh.
[automerge]1575692275[/automerge]
Lol I'm an idiot. Definitely did not mean to use the word pinnacle. That goes against everything I was saying haha. And in regards to his injuries I think your right. I believe they were after we signed him, so technically was not a Lemon. Still a dud signing though.

He is certainly getting to the stage of being a dud signing. Another poor year and his second spell with us could only be classed as bang average overall.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does Croft constantly make a very accurate impersonation of Nikorima. Just look at him staring into the sun with his hat backwards.

It depends. He might be thinking, "gee I think it might be time to give the young blokes a try", or "I'm thinking Darius deserves one more shot at it before I drop him permanently". I daresay the trials next year are gonna be some of the most important we have ever played in terms of who is selected in that first game of 2020.

Last edited:
Slander
Slander

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an agenda against any mutherfucker who wears the Broncos jersey just for a payday. Just to pretend that they are still fit enough to perform when there are other young guys in the reserves who can do twice as better as them.
We play for premierships, not for charity handouts to has beens, whether you a Hancock, Langer, Hodges, Parker or Darius-fuckin-Boyd - do the right thing like the captains and legends before you and hang em up if you cant hack it in first grade anymore.
Just a fucking handicap on the team, with 12 others pulling his mediocre dead weight.

14 games clause my ass, the only winnable game in that stretch looks like against the Titans and Dogs - I won't be surprised if we are stone motherless last when they decide to send Boyd to Q cup. Or even worse, making others scapegoats while keeping him on for his invaluable 'leadership and experience'...in losing.
Yes mate, spot on. If we replaced Boyd before the final game of the season we would have won by 15-20 points.

Yeah sure, I didn’t wake up this morning planning on ripping into him. The Croft signing and correcting the error of Milf at 1 is a good start.
Given your 2019 posts regarding Seibold, this must be the first day this year that you haven’t?

Last edited:
This is awesome! He will never make 15 games, Boyd is going to get mowed over by every winger/center combo that goes his way.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Shane Tronc
  • theshed
  • Financeguy
  • Yem
  • IceWorks
  • sooticus
  • heartly87
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Ejbroncos
  • Browny
... and 59 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.