Battle for the Wooden Spoon

I'm as pissed at our current predicament as anyone but I'm starting to think McHunt may be a bit of a troll

I'm as pissed at our current predicament as anyone but I'm starting to think McHunt may be a bit of a troll
Nooooo, I would have thought the Avatar gave that away, they are a perfect match.

“Spoilt” would also describe fans who expected the glory days to last forever, and feel a sense of entitlement or that the team “owes” them something.
I’m sorry, but I believe the team does owe the fans something. That I have no doubt about.

I get excited for the game every week, probably too excited. The day of the game, I’m counting down to watching it. When I lived in Brisbane, as a season ticket holder (in the most expensive section no less), I was financially invested in them too. I also buy merchandise. I know people who quite literally have what would be best described as shrines to the Broncos at their homes.

They do owe me, and all those other fans, something.

They owe us better performances. They owe us better than what they’ve been giving us for a long time. I know they can’t win every week and every year, but any fan who has an ounce of an idea about this sport knows they can be better.

Most of all though, they owe us performances that don’t make us walk away thinking ‘I feel gutted, absolutely filthy. But I look at them on the field laughing with their mates from the opposition that they just lost to, and they don’t look gutted. It seems I care more than they do.’

Sorry if that makes me spoilt and entitled, but those are badges I’ll wear with honour if that’s the case. Because I am passionate about this team, probably too much, and all I ask is that this team performs at their best more often than not. But that hasn’t been the case for far, far too long.

Last edited:

If you take a drink every time he mentions McCullough, you’ll... drink a lot.

Hate to break it to you: we're one of the shit teams.

Look at the table; which ones are worse?

Wait till late August . Then if you are right you are a genius . ATM you sound like a spoilt brat .

I’m sorry, but I believe the team does owe the fans something. That I have no doubt about.

I get excited for the game every week, probably too excited. The day of the game, I’m counting down to watching it. When I lived in Brisbane, as a season ticket holder (in the most expensive section no less), I was financially invested in them too. I also buy merchandise. I know people who quite literally have what would be best described as shrines to the Broncos at their homes.

They do owe me, and all those other fans, something.

They owe us better performances. They owe us better than what they’ve been giving us for a long time. I know they can’t win every week and every year, but any fan who has an ounce of an idea about this sport knows they can be better.

Most of all though, they owe us performances that don’t make us walk away thinking ‘I feel gutted, absolutely filthy. But I look at them on the field laughing with their mates from the opposition that they just lost to, and they don’t look gutted. It seems I care more than they do.’

Sorry if that makes me spoilt and entitled, but those are badges I’ll wear with honour if that’s the case. Because I am passionate about this team, probably too much, and all I ask is that this team performs at their best more often than not. But that hasn’t been the case for far, far too long.

Treat winning the same as losing ...
Sports psychology has come a long way since the Colosseum .

It's people like you that give Broncos fans a bad name. It's pretty clear that we have overpaid players. We are tied last and playing like an under 8s team.

Actually I think people like you give Bronco fans a bad name, but it's all a matter of opinion

Dammit. Can't believe we missed out on the March Premiership again..
April one doesn't look too good either.

What's the latest that one has been in the bottom 4 and won it?

April one doesn't look too good either.

What's the latest that one has been in the bottom 4 and won it?

I can't answer that, but in 1999 we were dead last after 12 rounds and came back to make the finals

I can't answer that, but in 1999 we were dead last after 12 rounds and came back to make the finals

Mind you we had the option of Luke Priddis, Shane Walker, Shaun Berrigan and John Plath at 9. Rest of the spine included the likes of Kevin Walters, Darren Lockyer, Ben Walker, Michael Devere and Chris Walker. And let's not talk about Renouf, Tuquiri, Sailor, etc...

2005 - Wests Tigers 12th after 16 rounds.

After that, Souths and North Queensland made slow starts to their premiership winning years.
Additionally, how far were they outside the 8 points wise?

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • The Don
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • broncs30
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Lurker
  • Brocko
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ell.d33
  • Xzei
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Allo
  • ezpz
  • FACTHUNT
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.