Battle for the Wooden Spoon

our attack isn't the problem ...

we have created plenty of opportunities this season ... but dropping the ball repeatedly over the line (or throughout the match really) doesn't help us score points.

in fact we just scored 22 points against the best defensive team in the league (who before they played us were averaging around 8.8 points per game)

I might be more inclined to buy that if I'd never watched a game and seen the shambles that happens on every fifth tackle. Go watch the last set of the Tiger's match and tell me we don't have a problem in attack.

Nope, because his team has been consistently losing every game. And that's at least partly because of our impotent attack that doesn't know what to do on the 5th tackle. And which he says "isn't a problem" and refuses to change.

Every expert commentator is saying he needs to change the spine, but he says he knows better. Well he's the coach; it's his choice. But he's also responsible for the outcome.

The longer he continues this losing streak the less convinced I am he knows what he's doing.

Consistently losing every game except the Cowboys game, I suppose, where our attack wasn’t so impotent?

Funny how that ‘more of’ thing works. The more you comment, the less convinced I am you have a clue what you are talking about.

Last edited:
I might be more inclined to buy that if I'd never watched a game and seen the shambles that happens on every fifth tackle. Go watch the last set of the Tiger's match and tell me we don't have a problem in attack.

Again, more gibberish. If it happens on ‘every fifth tackle’ as you call it, why do we have to go all the way back to a particular set in the Tigers game to see this?

Consistently losing every game except the Cowboys game, I suppose, where our attack wasn’t so impotent?

Funny how that ‘more of’ thing works. The more you comment, the less convinced I am you have a clue what you are talking about.

Last time I looked we were bottom of the table. That's what I'm judging Seibold on.

Again, more gibberish. If it happens on ‘every fifth tackle’ as you call it, why do we have to go all the way back to a particular set in the Tigers game to see this?

Because it was the point where our team became the competition laughing stock.

Last edited:
Spoon battle is between us, Cowboys and Bulldogs.

Presuming the "expert commentators" know more than 2 professional coaches (1 touted as the greatest coach of all time) is just plain lunacy. Andrew John's was a player, not a coach and most of the critics hate the broncos and will say anything to disrupt the players and seed doubt. Looking at the points we score each game, blind Freddy can see our key issue is defence. Plus looking at our best campaigns, again it's glaringly obvious our success was based on our solid defence. All we need to do right now is get our defence right, the rest will follow. Anyone with the slightest shred of knowledge about rugby league knows this.

Presuming the "expert commentators" know more than 2 professional coaches (1 touted as the greatest coach of all time) is just plain lunacy. Andrew John's was a player, not a coach and most of the critics hate the broncos and will say anything to disrupt the players and seed doubt. Looking at the points we score each game, blind Freddy can see our key issue is defence. Plus looking at our best campaigns, again it's glaringly obvious our success was based on our solid defence. All we need to do right now is get our defence right, the rest will follow. Anyone with the slightest shred of knowledge about rugby league knows this.

Good defence wins games? Fucking hell what an epiphany! Maybe we should tell the team?!

Imagine if we had “fans” that took joy in us losing, just because they think it justifies their misplaced agendas!

Go support a team that cheats.

Just maybe some 'fans' are tired of mediocrity. We beat the Roosters, Sharks and Rabbitohs twice each last year.
WTF is going on this year? As a fellow fan, do you accept that of the mighty Broncos.

Misplaced or not, each to their own. Let the fans have their whinge.

Imagine if we had “fans” that took joy in us losing, just because they think it justifies their misplaced agendas!

I think every team has them, I saw people commenting on the Cowboys loss last night something along the lines of "Hopefully Taumalolo stays out a few more weeks so that we keep losing and are forced to make changes".

Like, wouldn't you rather just win?..

Haha. If you imagine! Where do you reckon you'd find fans like that? Surely not on this forum...

I think every team has them, I saw people commenting on the Cowboys loss last night something along the lines of "Hopefully Taumalolo stays out a few more weeks so that we keep losing and are forced to make changes".

Like, wouldn't you rather just win?..
Paul Green is pretty notorious for not making changes. Sometimes if the ceiling on your season is 7-10th place you're willing to sacrifice a few games for the sake of making changes and blooding youngsters that will help you in subsequent seasons. I've never actively wanted the Broncos to lose any game, but there are plenty of times where after the season I could look back with 20/20 hindsight and say I would have been OK with dropping 4 spots down the ladder if it meant we got rid of Wallace several years earlier, or legitimately trying other options at dummy half. If we tanked in 09 maybe we wouldn't have gone into 2010 with Nick Kenny as our best prop.

Paul Green is pretty notorious for not making changes. Sometimes if the ceiling on your season is 7-10th place you're willing to sacrifice a few games for the sake of making changes and blooding youngsters that will help you in subsequent seasons. I've never actively wanted the Broncos to lose any game, but there are plenty of times where after the season I could look back with 20/20 hindsight and say I would have been OK with dropping 4 spots down the ladder if it meant we got rid of Wallace several years earlier, or legitimately trying other options at dummy half. If we tanked in 09 maybe we wouldn't have gone into 2010 with Nick Kenny as our best prop.

I remember when Nick Kenny almost made the Australian side, but they went with Ryan Hoffman over him, lol. It's not as extreme now, but they used to reward almost any sort of purple patch of form with an Australian jumper.

Last edited:

Or just generally FOAD

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Alec
  • barker
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • RodF
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.