Battle for the Wooden Spoon

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
With the Titans beating the Panthers, our beloved Broncos now find themselves at equal bottom of the table in points. Let's forget about trying to make the eight and get excited about the possibility of picking up our first Wooden Spoon.

Who do you see as our main threat?

For all the doom and gloom, there's no way in hell we are getting the spoon IMO (other than having points stripped). Eventually the ball will stay in their hands more often than not and we'll get enough wins.

I dunno if we'll be able to stay consistent, but we'll definitely win enough.

Nah wooden spoon is a tad over the top. This season reeks of another 10th-12th nothing finish.

Gee, I don't know. I think we've got the potential. Those last two sets were up there with the worst five minutes of football I've ever seen. And our captain was right at the heart of it.

Gee, I don't know. I think we've got the potential. Those last two sets were up there with the worst five minutes of football I've ever seen. And our captain was right at the heart of it.

You're right about being bad but we could easily be 3 - 5 , playing like shit. Wooden spoon is extreme

Panic among the fans .

Take a look at what actually is happening.
We are clumsy with finishing but creating some chances.
The coach is getting a close look at the players he has inherited before he makes adjustments.
Does anyone really think the board made the decision to punt Wayne because they thought we could win this year???

We all need to take a step back and be patient. Winning every year is not achievable but we have the squad to win in the next few years, with a decent 1 and 9

Last edited:
FMD just about anyone in the 9 but the 1 can fill from within.

Lets start with 1

Bird
Niko
Isaako

Turpin
Mitch Rein
My nanna
Kurt Baptiste
George Rose
Nathan Peats
Someone from Super League
Alf
Alex Mckinnon

I can see this bloke getting a run in the 9

Alf warner bros e1533220615626

Panic among the fans .

Take a look at what actually is happening.
We are clumsy with finishing but creating some chances.
The coach is getting a close look at the players he has inherited before he makes adjustments.
Does anyone really think the board made the decision to punt Wayne because they thought we could win this year???

We all need to take a step back and be patient. Winning every year is not achievable but we have the squad to win in the next few years, with a decent 1 and 9
Absolutely bang on

The bottom of the table now consists of the three QLD teams plus the Bulldogs (if they lose against the Dragons).

We are playing terribly, but we’re not a shit team. There are shit teams (personnel-wise) that will finish lower

I bet my left nut we don’t get the spoon (apart from points stripped ect).

Too much individual talent in this team that will win us enough games to avoid that. Unfortunately all that individual talent doesn’t get us anywhere near the top 8 unless they play as a unit.

Let’s take a step back ladies and gents!
Two of our four losses have come away from home against last years grand finalists and the two nail biters at Suncorp were absolutely butchered due to poor game management and execution at critical stages.
Would we be seeing this much poison on the forums if we converted both of those and were sitting 3-2?

I’d be prepared to say outside of the spine, it is the best team in the comp

Let’s hope Seibold can manufacture a consistent plan with the playmakers we do have in the meantime....

For all the doom and gloom, there's no way in hell we are getting the spoon IMO (other than having points stripped). Eventually the ball will stay in their hands more often than not and we'll get enough wins.

I dunno if we'll be able to stay consistent, but we'll definitely win enough.
I think saying there is no way in hell we are getting the spoon is either pure ignorance, or arrogance. It's that arrogance that has us at 1/5. I was at the Titans game last night and both of those teams have awful defence, but both looked far more polished in attack.

We definitely won't be in the 8. Need usually about 30 points to be in top 8, so 13 wins. we are 1/5. We have 19 more games so need to win 12/19. Looking at our next few games, Raiders away, Sharks at home, rabbitohs away, 1/8 looking increasingly likely.

We are playing terribly, but we’re not a shit team. There are shit teams (personnel-wise) that will finish lower
How can you say we aren't a shit team though? most missed tackles in the comp, i think worst completion rate, most tries conceded. We have a lot of very overrated and overpaid players. The Broncos very much have that "spoilt rich kid" vibe. Even though a lot of the players came from nothing, their egos have been inflated since they were 13/14 and think they are gods gift.

When was the last time a new coach got the spoon?

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.