Battle for the Wooden Spoon

I think saying there is no way in hell we are getting the spoon is either pure ignorance, or arrogance. It's that arrogance that has us at 1/5. I was at the Titans game last night and both of those teams have awful defence, but both looked far more polished in attack.

We definitely won't be in the 8. Need usually about 30 points to be in top 8, so 13 wins. we are 1/5. We have 19 more games so need to win 12/19. Looking at our next few games, Raiders away, Sharks at home, rabbitohs away, 1/8 looking increasingly likely.

You writing off next week already as well?

How can you say we aren't a shit team though? most missed tackles in the comp, i think worst completion rate, most tries conceded. We have a lot of very overrated and overpaid players. The Broncos very much have that "spoilt rich kid" vibe. Even though a lot of the players came from nothing, their egos have been inflated since they were 13/14 and think they are gods gift.

How many of them do you actually know and spend time with or is this (a) anecdotal and/or (b) something that you heard from someone second cousin's hairdresser's garden person or (c) you buying the shit that Tallis and Co is shovelling???

If it is any of (a) to (c), you really are not in a position to be making such assertions.

Im basing it on their salary in comparison to their output. It's shit.

since you seem to know everyones salary ... can you fill us in on how much they all get paid
It's people like you that give Broncos fans a bad name. It's pretty clear that we have overpaid players. We are tied last and playing like an under 8s team.

We'll make the 8, I'm sure of it. Whether we are any threat in the finals, I don't know. It is the NRL, the team could look like world beaters next week, get a surge of confidence and look like a totally different team in the finals if/when we make it.

It's people like you that give Broncos fans a bad name. It's pretty clear that we have overpaid players. We are tied last and playing like an under 8s team.

alright what are they on ... I assume you've seen their contacts since the media have proven to know jack shit about this most of the time

We are playing terribly, but we’re not a shit team. There are shit teams (personnel-wise) that will finish lower

Hate to break it to you: we're one of the shit teams.

Look at the table; which ones are worse?

Cows, Titans and Canterbury
Bulldogs are an interesting call. They almost always start the season near the bottom of the table and then get their shit seriously together towards the finals. Can't argue with the other two.

How can you say we aren't a shit team though? most missed tackles in the comp, i think worst completion rate, most tries conceded. We have a lot of very overrated and overpaid players. The Broncos very much have that "spoilt rich kid" vibe. Even though a lot of the players came from nothing, their egos have been inflated since they were 13/14 and think they are gods gift.

“Spoilt” would also describe fans who expected the glory days to last forever, and feel a sense of entitlement or that the team “owes” them something.

“Spoilt” would also describe fans who expected the glory days to last forever, and feel a sense of entitlement or that the team “owes” them something.

Listen to Macca's mum: there's no shame in coming 16th. In fact, they even have a prize for it.

You've inadvertently stumbled upon something I've been thinking of lately.

Glory days.

Or, maybe, the simple fact that everything has its time.

Look at Rugby League history.

The Parramatta Eels and Canterbury Bulldogs have not been a consistent force since the 1980s.

St George have never come close to their ground breaking run of 11 premierships.

Canberra in the late 80s and early 90s.

Now we get to the dizzying heights of the Brisbane Broncos throughout the 1990s.

It's not to say that clubs can't have good years...or be successful in other ways or even snag another premiership, or contest a Grand Final in the ensuing decades.

It might happen. It might not.

Should fans be asking themselves - do we really want to be slightly older, slighly fatter, slightly more balding, slightly less teeth, still flying the flag?

Or do we accept the zeitgeist of the time and the success of the time and move on?

Growth and change. Maybe that's the answer.

I don't have answers. I just love asking questions.

Last edited:
Gee, I don't know. I think we've got the potential. Those last two sets were up there with the worst five minutes of football I've ever seen. And our captain was right at the heart of it.

You don`t watch much footy then ?

I think saying there is no way in hell we are getting the spoon is either pure ignorance, or arrogance. It's that arrogance that has us at 1/5. I was at the Titans game last night and both of those teams have awful defence, but both looked far more polished in attack.

We definitely won't be in the 8. Need usually about 30 points to be in top 8, so 13 wins. we are 1/5. We have 19 more games so need to win 12/19. Looking at our next few games, Raiders away, Sharks at home, rabbitohs away, 1/8 looking increasingly likely.

Other teams will beat each other ...
Might be that less points are req for semis this year . Do you have a crystal ball ?

Beaten by 1 field goal in one match and one try this week . Against St George had a chance to win . Will win more than they lose .

WTF ! Do you think other clubs send their juniors to Siberia to harden them up . Over reaction .

Last edited:
Bulldogs are an interesting call. They almost always start the season near the bottom of the table and then get their shit seriously together towards the finals. Can't argue with the other two.

It was a literal response. Those three teams are below us.

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Porthoz
  • Evander
  • Justwin
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dazza 92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bongo
  • Lozza
  • Fitzy
  • ostin86
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.