Battle for the Wooden Spoon

Yes, I'm pleased to see we're not outright bottom, which would've happened had we lost. Might happen if we get done by Souths, so no time for self congratulation yet.
Fortunately not, Cowboys play Titans this week so one of those will stay on 4, unless of course they conspire to play out a draw just to mess with us lol.

Cool!

So your entire post is ironic?

Why bother updating it at all?

6 teams need to win by quite a margin next round before we move to the bottom of the ladder, that's even if we lose next round. Honestly, you're clutching at straws mate and you've got Edward Scissorhands for hands.

Like two little Edwards with their own little scissor hands where his hands should be?

Let's clear this up once and for all. What is the point of your thread? What do you want to achieve from this thread? What are you implying?
lol

Gus said last night he thinks we will finish in the top 4!

Gallen said top 8!

Jesus they are more confident then I am at the moment that is for sure!!

I'll just be happy with a strong second two thirds of the season and a top 8 finish.

It's already been almost a 1/3rd of the season!

Last edited:
Yeah i think top 4 will be hard, Storm/Rooster/Rabbits probably have 3 of those spots. Des will get Manly in the top 8. Dragqueens will probably scrap in as will the Sharks.

I think top 8 is still on the cards, the raiders/eels/tigers are pretenders for mine and we can pitch one of those spots.......assuming we continue to win games that is.

Last edited:
Gus said last night he thinks we will finish in the top 4!

Gallen said top 8!

Jesus they are more confident then I am at the moment that is for sure!!

Top 8 i'm confident we can make

top 4, on the other hand is probably out of our reach at this stage, unless one of the top 4 teams has a massive "slump" ... i wonder if there is a coach currently in the top 4 who's team is usually good for a post origin slump *wink*

The shit thing is we get a tough "draw" every year. We always get the best sides twice. Will not be surprised if we miss out this year.

The shit thing is we get a tough "draw" every year. We always get the best sides twice. Will not be surprised if we miss out this year.

Certainly have a tough draw and we are also going through a pretty big transition this year, personally I've just decided I'm going to concentrate on the week by week positives from the team this year and see where we end up comes finals time.

Yeah i think top 4 will be hard, Storm/Rooster/Rabbits probably have 3 of those spots. Des will get Manly in the top 8. Dragqueens will probably scrap in as will the Sharks.

I think top 8 is still on the cards, the raiders/eels/tigers are pretenders for mine and we can pitch one of those spots.......assuming we continue to win games that is.

I was going to say that Manly are about to go through a slump with DCE out for a while, but they have the Bulldogs, us, Sharks, Titans, Panthers, Cowboys. Talk about a soft draw.

I was going to say that Manly are about to go through a slump with DCE out for a while, but they have the Bulldogs, us, Sharks, Titans, Panthers, Cowboys. Talk about a soft draw.
They'll be lucky to win a game with DCE and Turbo both out.

Might jag one if they have a Sunday game in Brookie

I see them losing 4 of those games without DCE.

Lucky South went easy on us in that 2nd half, would been back to 14th just above the Cows and Dogs.

Last edited:
If we keep playing like we did tonight, the spoon is ours to lose.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.