Battle for the Wooden Spoon

Of course not, it was the guy/guys who replaced him. We're a whole new team now. Just like I kept saying we would be.
And it has nothing to do with any other players performances at all of course. They were all playing at their peak and just waiting for a decent hooker to come along because the guy who plays for QLD is such a dud even a team of champions couldn’t win with him on the field.
What a load of shit. You are clueless about team sports. Turpin has done well but he is not solely responsible for turning around the whole club.

Turpin has done well but he is not solely responsible for turning around the whole club.

It wouldn't have happened with Macca at 9. You can share the responsibilty around post hoc, if you want, but that was the catalyst.

Last edited:
If segeyaro kills it for the rest of the year can't really see a place at the Broncos for Macca unfortunately, cant just rely on doing 60 tackles a game and expect a spot.

Okay, so this thread has had its day.

For those who couldn't figure out why a lifelong Broncos supporter would be advocating the team should vie for the wood spoon - thinking this is ludicrous, how dare he - there's your clue right there.

It's called gallows humour. Google that if you're still struggling.

As for being a "troll:" lighten up, for God's sake.

/thread

Last edited:
Imagine starting a thread and then attempting to write it off as satire when it turns out to be false [emoji23]
Can you please just stop. The constant bickering between you two is completely over the top. It is like you ard both 5.

We’d have to be pretty dire to get the spoon from here. Finals contention is obviously very possible, top 4 technically still possible but highly unlikely.

After round 11, we are on 10 points with 5 wins under our belt. The bye rounds will put us on 12 points.

From here we have 13 remaining games. 8th to 5th last year finished on 32 points. In 2017, 30 points was enough to finish 8th.

To be optimistic, 9 wins from our last 13 games, would leave us on 30 points and should see us definitely in the top 8, given there are only 25 rounds this year (26 in 2017).

8 wins would leave us on 28 and we’d be probably relying on other results to go our way to get into the final 8.

An extremely unrealistic 13 wins from 13 games, would see us end up on 38 points, which could be enough to see us finish minor premiers, based on last years results (34 points -> minor premiers). At best, Souths could achieve a theoretical 48 points if they win all their remaining games, again that is extremely unlikely. I suspect they will be in the 36-42 bracket by the end of the season.

Any additional wins over the 8 minimum will push us higher on the ladder. Fewer than 8 more wins will most likely see us miss the 8, unless other results are extremely favourable. Any fewer than 7, will IMHO definitely see us miss the 8.

So the maths is simple. We need at least 8 wins to have a chance of making the top 8. 9 or more would make it definite and 10 or more would push us close to top 4...

I predict we will get those 8 out of our last 12 and finish 7-8 on the ladder.

Last edited:
We’d have to be pretty dire to get the spoon from here. Finals contention is obviously very possible, top 4 technically still possible but highly unlikely.

After round 11, we are on 10 points with 5 wins under our belt. The bye rounds will put us on 12 points.

From here we have 12 remaining games. 8th to 5th last year finished on 32 points. In 2017, 30 points was enough to finish 8th.

To be optimistic, 9 wins from our last 12 games, would leave us on 30 points and should see us definitely in the top 8, given there are only 25 rounds this year (26 in 2017).

8 wins would leave us on 28 and we’d be probably relying on other results to go our way to get into the final 8.

An extremely unrealistic 12 wins from 12 games, would see us end up on 36 points, which could be enough to see us finish minor premiers, based on last years results (34 points -> minor premiers). At best, Souths could achieve a theoretical 46 points if they win all their remaining games, again that is extremely unlikely. I suspect they will be in the 36-42 bracket by the end of the season.

Any additional wins over the 8 minimum will push us higher on the ladder. Fewer than 8 more wins will most likely see us miss the 8, unless other results are extremely favourable. Any fewer than 7, will IMHO definitely see us miss the 8.

So the maths is simple. We need at least 8 wins to have a chance of making the top 8. 9 or more would make it definite and 10 or more would push us close to top 4...

Considering that there are three teams who are clearly above the rest of the pack and the other thirteen are hugely inconsistent and not much chop, a 12-12 record will get them into the playoffs, possibly even 11-13. I tipped them to finish 8th this year and I'll stick with that. The hunt for playoff spots will be intense this year.

From here we have 13 remaining games. 8th to 5th last year finished on 32 points. In 2017, 30 points was enough to finish 8th.

To be optimistic, 9 wins from our last 13 games, would leave us on 30 points and should see us definitely in the top 8, given there are only 25 rounds this year (26 in 2017).

An extremely unrealistic 13 wins from 13 games, would see us end up on 38 points, which could be enough to see us finish minor premiers, based on last years results (34 points -> minor premiers). At best, Souths could achieve a theoretical 48 points if they win all their remaining games, again that is extremely unlikely. I suspect they will be in the 36-42 bracket by the end of the season.

Appreciate your number crunching here mate, good read.
Cheers Bro.

I'm just starting to believe 4th is a possibility this year...

Fucking loving league right now!

Not sure if I'm looking at the ladder correct...

If the Rabbitohs beat the Eels, and the Cowboys score no more than 35 points more than the Titans, we're in 8th place by the end of next round?

Okay, so this thread has had its day.

For those who couldn't figure out why a lifelong Broncos supporter would be advocating the team should vie for the wood spoon - thinking this is ludicrous, how dare he - there's your clue right there.

It's called gallows humour. Google that if you're still struggling.

As for being a "troll:" lighten up, for God's sake.

/thread
Post hoc?

If the Rabbitohs beat the Eels, and the Cowboys score no more than 35 points more than the Titans, we're in 8th place by the end of next round?

Yep, if both those things happen we will move up into 8th, pending the next round of byes, but as long as we keep winning we will stay in the 8...

Yep, been saying this for a couple of weeks. We'll be in the 8 by next weekend.

/thread

Souffs will be missing Cook, Reynolds and Walker. It'll be a tough assignment for them.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.