Battle for the Wooden Spoon

With the Titans beating the Panthers, our beloved Broncos now find themselves at equal bottom of the table in points. Let's forget about trying to make the eight and get excited about the possibility of picking up our first Wooden Spoon.

Who do you see as our main threat?
Funny Quotes | Inside Jimmy Devious' Head

Dogs and Titans are one win behind us (2pts from bye), and both are playing much better football than us.

Discussion back on the table...first ever spoon looming :-(

Round 18 will be a big game...never thought I'd friggin say this, us vs the Doggies on Thursday.

Round 18 will be a big game...never thought I'd friggin say this, us vs the Doggies on Thursday.

Then the week after the Titans will roll us again at CBus.

Siebs ain't dropping Macca or Boyd. Get ready for the spoon!

Dexter's left nut must be apprehensive!!!

Just checked Sportsbet - we are $26 to get the spoon this year with the Bulldogs as favourites.

Easy money???
The Broncos won't win the spoon. By my calculations, they should finish 9-15 which could place them as high as 13th.

Considering a retreat up the tunnel?
Mmmm, Dexter said he'd cut off his left nut if we got the wooden spoon (barring getting our points stripped) He considered it impossible! It is however looking very possible as I cannot see a team in this competition we'd start favourites against. What a shambles it's become. There's not a single poster in all of BHQ that could have done a worse job as coach as evidenced by our 14th position. I'd say some of them would have us still in contention! I'm not saying Seibold isn't the right choice just that he hasn't got the team he has at least fighting and clawing for every metre. So far, that's on him.

The Broncos won't win the spoon. By my calculations, they should finish 9-15 which could place them as high as 13th.
Well, I can't see a team we can beat. Even less likely now with injuries and one more origin. Another loss or two and 26 bucks will become 10.

Well, I can't see a team we can beat. Even less likely now with injuries and one more origin. Another loss or two and 26 bucks will become 10.
Will beat the Dogs twice, GC and NZ. They just have to. Living in NSW and the Broncos finishing dead last is something I can't cope with. I do agree with you in that they are probably the worst team in the comp and would have to improve dramatically to snare my predicted victories.

Will beat the Dogs twice, GC and NZ. They just have to. Living in NSW and the Broncos finishing dead last is something I can't cope with. I do agree with you in that they are probably the worst team in the comp and would have to improve dramatically to snare my predicted victories.

With Milford's injury, those 'sure' victories are not looking likely.

This thread does not seem as funny as what it once did.
Yeah, it was only meant to be a bit of light relief at the time. Then Macca got injured and Dearden debuted. A light appeared that looked a lot like the end of the tunnel.

But alas, Macca is back, Dearden is injured, and Boyd's form has descended from comical to criminal. Few see us winning another game all season. I wouldn't back us to get the spoon, but it's looking more likely now than it did back then.

It's not the end of the world, just the season.

The thing that saves us a little bit is how bad the Bulldogs for and against is. We could be lucky and come second last.

What an absolute joke of a year. "Best forward pack on the comp", "best Broncos pack ever" **** me. These guys all suck.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • cento
  • Stix
  • Organix
  • Mustafur
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Jazza
  • dasherhalo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Santa
  • Nerd
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.