CRICKET BBL|12

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Unfortunately Fox signed him to a long term deal so when he retires he will basically be commentating for them and they will try and get him commentating whenever he is not playing for the Thunder in the back half of this BBL season or before he heads off for the India tour

I had a feeling that was the case. Wtf? He talks in a monotone, has no personality, isn’t funny and not particularly insightful.
Fox will give anyone a gig.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Nice to see Chris Lynn doing good things with the Strikers.. must admit I thought he was a spent force with only one gear as a batsmen.. looks like the Strikers have given him some direction and a role they want him to play with the bat, as opposed to the chaotic randomness he played with at the Heat

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

Warms my heart

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Just saw the teams playing in the SA T20 comp, no wonder the BBL has dregs, that comparison has superstars in it. The BBL is truly now a second rate competition. Even the Bangladesh comp arguably has better imports.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Just saw the teams playing in the SA T20 comp, no wonder the BBL has dregs, that comparison has superstars in it. The BBL is truly now a second rate competition. Even the Bangladesh comp arguably has better imports.
Have you seen the names of the teams? Clearly backed by the IPL. They have the money the BBL don’t have to attract the overseas players.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Well they have treated it like a joke the whole time so it's not surprising that is what it has become.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Have you seen the names of the teams? Clearly backed by the IPL. They have the money the BBL don’t have to attract the overseas players.

It doesn't really matter why, basically it means that the BBL will lose appeal. If I can watch one T20 game every few days, I'm not watching the BBL, I rather see Archer / Buttler and SO MANY others in the SA league.

Also bringing over the Whiteley's of this world just makes me angry. The BBL is blocking pathways of club cricketers in Australia who would do no worse a job and at least might unearth a gem somewhere instead of paying who knows how much for these blokes who are barely English domestic standard.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
It doesn't really matter why, basically it means that the BBL will lose appeal. If I can watch one T20 game every few days, I'm not watching the BBL, I rather see Archer / Buttler and SO MANY others in the SA league.

Also bringing over the Whiteley's of this world just makes me angry. The BBL is blocking pathways of club cricketers in Australia who would do no worse a job and at least might unearth a gem somewhere instead of paying who knows how much for these blokes who are barely English domestic standard.
I disagree. Only having 3 internationals per team is doing anything but blocking pathways of club cricketers. Look at blokes like Brown, Murphy, etc getting exposure they wouldn’t normally get.

Blame the Heat for selecting Whitely, not him blocking a pathway spot. You’ve also pretty much contradicted yourself by saying you’d rather see Buttler & Archer, but then bemoan the opportunity to unearth an unknown gem. Can’t have it both ways.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I disagree. Only having 3 internationals per team is doing anything but blocking pathways of club cricketers. Look at blokes like Brown, Murphy, etc getting exposure they wouldn’t normally get.

Blame the Heat for selecting Whitely, not him blocking a pathway spot. You’ve also pretty much contradicted yourself by saying you’d rather see Buttler & Archer, but then bemoan the opportunity to unearth an unknown gem. Can’t have it both ways.

Not contradictory at all but maybe not clear. What I’m saying is that IF you are going to have ring ins, they need to be star attractions. If they aren’t star attractions, then why have them? And in the case they aren’t stars, likely they are no better than what’s available locally, so spend that money on local talent instead of wasting it on international No names.

If you’ve got an Archar or a Stokes, that’s going to get people through the gates and so having them makes sense. If you’ve got a Whitely or a Hose, no one is coming to see these guys so there is no justification like there is for big names.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
The biggest problem with the BBL is the scheduling and the time frame/time of the year they put it on.

You think overseas players want to spend their Christmas overseas? They'd do it for their country no doubt but this isn't their country and in terms of T20 leagues, it would be near the bottom of the pile.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
The biggest problem with the BBL is the scheduling and the time frame/time of the year they put it on.

You think overseas players want to spend their Christmas overseas? They'd do it for their country no doubt but this isn't their country and in terms of T20 leagues, it would be near the bottom of the pile.
I’ve spent a Christmas in England, it is cold and miserable. Give me 6 weeks in Australia any day.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
A flat as **** Gabba pitch and Scorchers can still go with 3 spinners providing zero sideways movement and completely dominate this garbage Heat team

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Heat are actually doing well, building pressure...and decide for some reason to bring Labs on. Heat just cannot help but Heat.

That one over may very well cost them the game, awful awful decision.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hard to see the Heat being good anytime in the next few years.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
They can probably just stop televising Heat games in QLD.

Absolute trash team.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • pennywisealfie
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.