CRICKET BBL|12

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
BBL|12 squad (so far): Xavier Bartlett, James Bazley, Max Bryant, Sam Heazlett, Usman Khawaja, Matthew Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson, Matthew Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Mitchell Swepson, Jack Wildermuth

Ins: Usman Khawaja, Matthew Renshaw

Outs: Chris Lynn

BBL|11 squad members off-contract: Tom Cooper, Connor Sully, Matthew Willams

Eligible retention picks: Mujeeb ur Rahman, Tom Abell, Fakhar Zaman.

Draft on Sunday so I thought we should kick it off early. I reckon we will end up with Faf DP or Trent Boult in the first round. Keep Mujeeb and go after another batsman. With the local KFC T20 Max 2 high performers getting a spot I reckon one will be Josh Brown which whilst appearance wise doesn’t look the most professional he has scored 2 monster (towards 150) and quick hundreds, a 60 and a 50 in 5 games. The other will be Connor Sully cause he is a youngster and better than anyone else we could get from it.

Usman good signing but won’t be used, Renners is a great signing and will be the anchor to the innings we have needed for a while. Sadly with the heat desperately trying to promote T20 max they just don’t have the depth needed with half the squad to be in the test squad.

I predict another year of same old shit unless Josh Brown kills it, draft selections go well and test dates and squad selections go our way.

Doesn't matter, pointless comp where all the overseas players of any value will leave after two weeks for other richer comps.

Can't keep us waiting too long after seeing Broncos likely miss the 8...got to get straight to watching Heat come last or second last.

I’d go:

Trent Boult
Tom Banton
Mohammad Amir

As good as Mujeeb has been he doesn’t take enough wickets. Banton is a gun. I’d be picking him first round except he’s not platinum level. Must take in round 2 imo.

I still think we'll keep Mujeeb, economical overs in the middle of an innings are crucial, as long as you have the wicket takers & death bowlers to back it up.

Boult, Steketee, Mujeeb, Neser would be a very good T20 bowling quartet on paper, with the 5th bowler presumably pending selection, but between Swepson, Kuhnemann, Bartlett, Wildermuth, etc.

That would sort out the bowling, but we'll need an explosive batsman with the 3rd international pick, because our current batting crop certainly won't cut it, at least not until Khawaja & Marnus become available.

If Boult is unavailable at 3, I'd be selecting Livingstone. If he's not available, probably take a punt on one of the West Indies all-rounders, maybe Andre Russell (Assuming the Stars may want to save their retention pick for Joe Clarke in R2/R3)

I still don't understand not resigning Lynn. Decent enough still, loved by the fans. Just don't rely on him being an innings builder or someone to rely on.

I still don't understand not resigning Lynn. Decent enough still, loved by the fans. Just don't rely on him being an innings builder or someone to rely on.
He is to big stature wise. Can’t afford anyone else. Love the man but he just wasn’t worth it anymore. We picked up Khawaja and Renshaw for 3 years and we will still have cash to pull a high quality domestic player in the coming years with his pay packet alone. All good things come to an end and this one understandably had to and did happen. One of the smarter pieces of business this administration has partaken in over the last 12 years. Epectong that to be reverted come Sunday though.

He is to big stature wise. Can’t afford anyone else. Love the man but he just wasn’t worth it anymore. We picked up Khawaja and Renshaw for 3 years and we will still have cash to pull a high quality domestic player in the coming years with his pay packet alone. All good things come to an end and this one understandably had to and did happen. One of the smarter pieces of business this administration has partaken in over the last 12 years. Epectong that to be reverted come Sunday though.
I can't imagine Adelaide will be paying overs for him. Although he had a few impressive knocks in the 100.

I still think we'll keep Mujeeb, economical overs in the middle of an innings are crucial, as long as you have the wicket takers & death bowlers to back it up.

Boult, Steketee, Mujeeb, Neser would be a very good T20 bowling quartet on paper, with the 5th bowler presumably pending selection, but between Swepson, Kuhnemann, Bartlett, Wildermuth, etc.

That would sort out the bowling, but we'll need an explosive batsman with the 3rd international pick, because our current batting crop certainly won't cut it, at least not until Khawaja & Marnus become available.

If Boult is unavailable at 3, I'd be selecting Livingstone. If he's not available, probably take a punt on one of the West Indies all-rounders, maybe Andre Russell (Assuming the Stars may want to save their retention pick for Joe Clarke in R2/R3)
I think we will keep Mujeeb and whilst I really want Trent Boult we can’t pick up 2 bowlers imo when our batting is piss weak in this format. I know I have harped on about it but Josh Brown could be a genuine gem pick up from us and could fix some issues, if we sign him from t20 max but fair dinkum hate to see who gets it if he doesn’t. I’m full and well expecting Faf to be at our team. Would love Tom Banton as well. Finally I don’t think the way to go is an all rounder like Dre Russell. Doesn’t really consistently fox an issue. Just puts bums on seats. That works in a big market team with t20 orientated domestic players but not here. We need t20 batters and one more bowler.

I can't imagine Adelaide will be paying overs for him. Although he had a few impressive knocks in the 100.
Take the money out of the argument -cause at the minute it’s just speculative - and he hasn’t been at a level where you would want him in our side to begin with. You are well entitled to a different opinion but it was time to move on from Lynny.

We need the helicopter twins back. Paddy Dooley and Jack Wood

We need the helicopter twins back. Paddy Dooley and Jack Wood
Jack Wood is one of the worst cricketers to call himself a pro and I genuinely mean that. Paddy Dooley however is decent. Don’t have enough spots to put him in though. If injuries and other staff start occurring, he will be in with a chance of playing.

Jack Wood is one of the worst cricketers to call himself a pro and I genuinely mean that. Paddy Dooley however is decent. Don’t have enough spots to put him in though. If injuries and other staff start occurring, he will be in with a chance of playing.

yeah I know, but if we’re still the meme team in a meme league, may as well go all in

He will always be that though, given how destructive he can be when it’s his day. Every fan, commentator, opposition player would be watching to see if it’s going to be Lynn’s day or he’s going to belt one straight to a man fielding at regulation cover at the perfect catching height.

For mine, Lynn is a dumb player, he just swings hard and to his credit can belt it a long way but he has no cricket brain in terms of knowing when to go or where to go. I will always look back to his stint in the national ODI team against South Africa, think he was facing Rabada and I am pretty sure he had just dispatched him into the crowd twice, went a 3rd time early on in the team innings and feathered one to the keeper, why not just get yourself off strike?

He could be in any T20 league in the world if he picked the right bowler and the right areas, straight to the man fielding in the circle is not it. How many times have we seen it?

Take the money out of the argument -cause at the minute it’s just speculative - and he hasn’t been at a level where you would want him in our side to begin with. You are well entitled to a different opinion but it was time to move on from Lynny.
Hasn't he still been one of Brisbanes top run scorers?

He will always be that though, given how destructive he can be when it’s his day. Every fan, commentator, opposition player would be watching to see if it’s going to be Lynn’s day or he’s going to belt one straight to a man fielding at regulation cover at the perfect catching height.

For mine, Lynn is a dumb player, he just swings hard and to his credit can belt it a long way but he has no cricket brain in terms of knowing when to go or where to go. I will always look back to his stint in the national ODI team against South Africa, think he was facing Rabada and I am pretty sure he had just dispatched him into the crowd twice, went a 3rd time early on in the team innings and feathered one to the keeper, why not just get yourself off strike?

He could be in any T20 league in the world if he picked the right bowler and the right areas, straight to the man fielding in the circle is not it. How many times have we seen it?
It could be because I have 0 respect for T20, I'm a Heat fan I guess, but literally don't care if they win or lose. If I'm running a T20 side, I want a bloke like Lynn at the top. I know he is gonna have some shit knocks, but there's also gonna be some knocks that win you the game. Heat tried to use him too much as their main man, he should be a wildcard and enjoy the times he goes off.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.